Mon, Sep 23, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

BDC ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:10 PM

"Yep, and that is the sort of apathy that I've been describing this Community as having now. The only time anyone speaks up against something that is wrong, is if it directly effects them... if it doesn't, they shrug and go back to what they were doing." While it very well probably does seem so to you jack, I don't think thats entirely true. Apathy while rampant is not complete, yet. In fact beleive it or not, there are some out there who still do speak up when they see inequality,unfairness,and injustice going on in poserdom, unfortunanetly they also tend not to be the one's who will bend down and genuflect before the "right crowd" either. So their voice is ignored and marginalized.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

ScottA ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:35 PM

Who is this "right crowd" I keep hearing about? Is there a list of names someplace?

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:48 PM

unfortunanetly they also tend not to be the one's who will bend down and genuflect before the "right crowd" either. So their voice is ignored and marginalized. Ain't that the truth. :-/

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

LornaW ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:48 PM

Interesting read. I would get my two cents in too, but I think I will pass this time, besides, there has been enough said already that is quite to the point, and no one bothers to hear or listen, or pretends nothing is being said that is worthwhile, and it's already at 204 posts. And I am too busy painting my toenails today among other things to wet my lips into this thread. Oh, one small thing, the old idea that what you won't see won't upset you, can, trust me on that, even a pile of money won't be a good hiding place forever when the tasty peanuts run out and the elephants stop coming in droves because they get tired of chewing on empty tasteless shells.

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:21 AM

The only time anyone speaks up against something that is wrong, is if it directly effects them... if it doesn't, they shrug and go back to what they were doing. Welcome to the wonderful world of humanity. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:55 PM

"Yep, and that is the sort of apathy that I've been describing this Community as having now. The only time anyone speaks up against something that is wrong, is if it directly effects them... if it doesn't, they shrug and go back to what they were doing. Which is why nothing will change in this Community, whatever standards remain will slowly disappear because the unity that was once so heavily present and encouraged is long since gone." Partially true. People stopped speaking out, and instead said screw that, I'll do it my own damn self. And, for the most part, all of those people who did so are flourishing, even as this one tends to weaken. That is a natural cycle. Don't confuse diversification with apathy -- unless you truly do only hang out here. Few folks these days do. They hang here and at one of the other sites. Things do change in the community. In some ways, more rapidly than they have in the past, and in others more slowly. That's normal for any social group of human beings in any situation. But in business, particularly, that's a sign of growth from cottage into something larger. There comes a point where a certain type of unity -- in this case, one which would essentially limit the community to a single site -- be that site DAZ or RO or whoever -- is detrimental to any form of growth or evolution. We've come a long way since the old site wars, Jack. If such a thing were to happen today, it would cause a ripple, but it wouldn't threaten to destroy anything now. The community has grown outside the confines of the small village and is now a series of vilalges -- but all still within the same country, sharing the same core values and the same basic commonalities. That's not bad. well, unless you're a priest or other protector of traditions. THose tend to get broken as things grow larger, new ones forming to replace the old. Exclusive of my own personal investment in the company to which I am a part, instead of trying to confine and restrict the community to a single spot, we -- that is, the shop owners and groups and invidiuals -- shoudl be doing everything we can to encourage a greater level of cooperation and ventures. Which requires trust. Hard thing to come by. This would require changes in the way the sites operate to some extent. For example, I'd like to see renderoaity shift a bit to allow for more advertising by offsite stores. Aside from being a potentially decent source of revenue, they would gain additional goodwill benefits and continue to develop and encourage growth for both themselves and others simply by becoming a hub around which the other places can be located. Unlikely, true. Yet there's trememndous value there. Even the game companies are aware of that one, lol. Ultimately, as I noted before, this isn't anything. THis whole renda fiasco, now, isn't surprising not becuase its renderosity, but becuase its somethign folks expected from the beginning. anyone who does this is expected to have the same result. It was expected by many with the Sixus figure, Linlin. It's still expected by some with Apollo Maximus. That's the dynamic in place, and that dynamic is so deeply ingrained, that its only now starting to percolate that hey, this isn't a good thing. So it will change. IT has too. THere's not edge in similarity, no truly creative expression in conformity. If you look back and see only greatness and forward and only see despair, then yeah -- time to get out. Your ision is clouded by baggage and what ifs. Conversely, if all you see is blue skies and bunny rabbits, then you should likely step back and slap yourself silly. Aside from being rather refreshing, the experience might make you aware that events like this are now just part of the whole deal. sorta like the rest of the world. The truth is that there will be great things in the future (increasing revenues for the stores, more diversified products for the customers, better overall quality, more advanced use of the available featuresets, etc) and bad things in the future (failed stores, buyouts, mergers, bickering, scandals, vendettas, continued oversaturation of the Victoria markets). But, no matter what, it'll keep going. There ain't no fat lady to sing on this one yet...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

LornaW ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:33 PM

Yes but I will tell you right now that this fat lady is humming a real mean tune, and she's getting ready to sing, sing, sing her heart out!! Nevermind that, she is going to be SCREAMING!!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.