Sat, Sep 21, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Introduction

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 12:38 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:25 PM

Hi everyone! I just registered here as a new member, and I just wanted to post a thread and introduce myself. I'm just a beginning photography student right now, with just a Kodak DX 4530 camera, so my photos won't be amazing, I'm sure, but hopefully you'll all bear with me while I grow as an artist. I've uploaded one photo so far, but I plan on going back home to rural Kentucky in a few weeks and having a shooting fest! :-) Again, I just wanted to say hi to everyone! hugs all around (I'm an overly-sweet person.)

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 12:59 PM

Welcome Krista. Glad you found the forum.I see you have no thumbnail with your image in gallery. If you had trouble with that get in contact with me , and I will help you out. (if you want them that is) Enjoy our galleries and feel welcome always to ask a question or offer advice in here. Doug Photo Moderator

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 1:43 PM

Hey there! Glad ya stopped by! Have fun learning and taking pix with your camera! Looking forward to seeing the world from YOUR point of view! Oh and just remember... its NOT the camera...its the person behind the lens that "makes the magic happen" Any questions, just ask...there's a bunch of great peeps here that are always willing to help out! Take it easy! L8r! Joe Photo Forum Coordinator

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 1:53 PM

hi Kristen I am kimarie-known better as kimmers on here and my artist name is "kimariehere ".. welcome~ you will love it here and learn so much this is a great place the forum!! lotsa help and funtimes!! i am sorta new too .. although i have almost 100 images i just started back in January ...i started with painting then saw all the great photgraphy on here and said wow they have some cool stuff i wanna do it too... so now am in photgraphy and they let you do one upload a day its so fun to share...!! looking forward to seeing you work and if you need help WITH ANYTHING i am here 4 ya k? have fun!! kimarie!

kimmers ♥ :O)

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 3:01 PM

Welcome here overly sweet person! Just as L8RDAZE said, it is not so much the camera as the photographer behind it. We had a nice long thread about that not long ago. I started with a little Minolta Dimage F100, old little compact. Now I use a Nikon D70...and just had to delete and replace a gallery image I had messed up badly. Both cameras have given me pretty much what was shot..the good, the bad and the "no one else will see that one!Delete..whew, it is gone! I'd say you know this..but be sure to save an original copy of any picture you plan to edit. Looking forward to knowing you and your pictures.

randyrives ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 3:46 PM

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your Kentucky photos.

soulofharmony ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 3:50 PM

welcome kristanene and nice to meet you lm sure you,ll grow, look foreward to viewing your image which l,ll do just after this.. As my p'graphy mentor told me.. "every day is a learning day"... the forums a good place to visit always someone willing to lend a hand... hugsssss nikki :)))

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

vlaaitje ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 5:41 PM

Welcome Krista. We all start with a simple cam. I did !! And don't forget this...you must have the eye......no matter which camera you use !!! I look forward to see your work

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

KiwiMiss ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 6:50 PM

Hi and welcome Krista. I'm just new to photography too but have learnt so much here. Looking forward to seeing your work ... Noeline

Noeline :D

~Predictably Unpredictable~

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 9:41 PM

Thanks for your great replies everyone!! :-) Only day one and I'm already starting to feel at home here, which definitely makes me feel more comfortable putting my work up for others to view. I've already gotten a lot of positive feedback on my first photo, which is definitely a warm fuzzy. ;-) I'm glad most of you guys seem to share my view that it's not the camera that makes the picture, it's the photographer..As much a I want a DSLR camera, my Kodak is my baby, lol, and I love it. There's so much to take in on this site, it's gonna take me a little while to get my bearings, but it's good to know that everyone is so friendly and supportive here! Thanks again for all the great replies everyone!

Wivelrod ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 3:59 AM

That is an awesome first entry! I agree with what others have said, its not the camera as much as the person using it, and knowing how to get the best out of it :) Welcome to R'osity!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 7:14 AM

Yo Kristen!! Welcome, welcome dear!! Hope u'll have fun here and it's definitely the best place to learn! Yep! Nice to meet u! ;)

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 11:24 AM

welcome Krista... overly-sweet person we're here to help & encourage & share a few laughs enjoy your stay :o))))

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 9:58 PM

Hi, Krista, glad to see you took my advice. Lots of easy-going people here with lots of knowledge. Glad to see you feel comfortable here. I see you've already figured out (mostly...'cept that nasty thumbnail thingie) the gallery. Take a look and you will see you can even customize your "home" page here (member options). And having a gallery here is very easy and people can comment easily with suggestions. And you're not likely to get "attacked" in this forum. (that's always nice) Laters!

Kristanene ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 10:22 PM

Hey Chuck! Yeah, I've definitely appreciated your advice. You know what's kinda sad though? The same image that I submitted to My Gallery yesterday and got such awesome reviews on (have you seen it?), I also submitted to the other forum, and have had 0 replies about it. Funny, but it seems like if they can't say anything bad, they don't want to say anything at all. That's really sad to me. LOL And my husband keeps asking me if you're Chuck Evans of Chuck Evans Liquor Outlet. LOL Please tell him yes or no so he'll shut up! :-D

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 10:26 PM

LOL...I'm afraid I'm not THAT Chuck. Now, when I was young, my house usually had enough drink in it to qualify for an outlet (smile). I was out for quite a while. Charter (my cable provider) had me off line for over 24 hours because of a thunderstorm yesterday. Rushing around getting caught up on my forums before beddie-by.

Kristanene ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 1:14 AM

LOL My husband is sorely disappointed. ;-) He says to tell you "Good times, good times!" LOL Yeah, our house has just about enough to drink in it to qualify as an outlet now. Ahh, the simple pleasures of being a 20-something with no kids yet. :-D

Kristanene ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 1:16 AM

Thanks again to everyone who posted after my previous heartfelt thank you's. :-D You guys have really helped boost my creative ego, and I can't wait to go visit my mom and go on some shooting trips. There's so much beauty here in Kentucky, lol, no one could ever capture it all, but I intend to try!! :-D Hehe. hugs to everyone, yet again ;-)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:43 AM

Thinking of Kentucky reminds me of a business trip I make there about every year. I travel to Lexington. They do something different in Lexington I've never seen before with walls. They stack the rock horizontal for the base and tallest part of the rock wall, then they finish it by stacking the last row of rocks vertically. I've GOT to remember to get up there with my camera next trip!

Kristanene ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 12:59 PM

Oh, yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's all over Lexington..you see it a lot around UK's campus. I used to go there, so I pretty much know every square inch of campus. You'll have to let me know next time you're in town! It's only an hour from here. (Man I miss UK! Go Cats!!! LOL)

FearaJinx ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 10:54 AM

Welcome Kristanene! I hope you gain a lot here, I know I have, if you go back to the beginning of my gallery you'll see where I started ek! and how I've grown. I hope you enjoy it here.

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 3:00 PM

HIYA Kristanene!!! #:o) I know im being rather late with this welcome, but ive been on holiday. So very nice to finally meet ya though, LOL!!! Youve already been told what i was about to say, that you wont find a better and friendlier place than this little community. I hope you have a blast and that you keep sharing your work. Have a most wonderful weekend......Andreas #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.