Sun, Oct 6, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: I'm a dummy, and I ask your help exporting skeleton to Bryce

waldomac ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 8:52 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:26 PM

Hello, all. I am a long-time Bryce user, and I model my own stuff, almost exclusively. However, I was quite taken by the skeletons DAZ was offering at a reasonable price, and I had some credits to use, and I'm often doing things in the medical field, so... Now I'm at a standstill. I'm a total noob to DAZ Studio, and I have gotten the skeleton to load, and I have found the textures, but that's as far as I get. Using 3delight as renderer, yields no texture, and my goal is to take the skeleton with those WONDERFUL textures to Bryce. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Can it be done? How do you assign textures, etc., etc. Help. Thank you for your time and patience with me on this.

stew451 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 10:19 PM

If you have Bryce 5.5, you could start in bryce launch Daz Studio from within Bryce, then load and texture your skeleton, then click the bryce button and everything automatically transfer to bryce. If not launch D|S set up your skeleton and go to 'file' -> 'export' and save as an obj. It will save the object and the material settings. Open Bryce and import your obj file, the textures should all fall into place(minor tweaking might be nec.) Hope this helps Stew

waldomac ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 11:54 PM

Stew, you are a gentleman for replying. I have launched DAZ Studio from within Bryce. I am able to go get the skeleton, and then I am able to go to poses and get the textures. I THINK they are importing, when I have all parts chosen and then either double click on a texture or when I click "import," but I see no evidence that the textures were applied within DAZ Studio. Meanwhile, when I click the nice big button to go back to Bryce, my model automatically imports into Bryce. VERY slick. I like it. One problem, though: I cannot seem to get the texture to come with it, and this is assuming the texture was properly applied in DAZ Studio. Like I said, I am a total noob here, so I may very well be doing it wrong. What are your thoughts? Am I on the right track?

stew451 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 2:27 AM

When you say "I have all the parts chosen" are you selecting the individual parts from the scene window? If so you don't need to do that, just select the topmost part of the figure list. I don't know about importing the texture you should be able to go to the "pose" folder and in the "Daz Skeleton" folder are all the textures, just double click on the texture you want. Make sure you pick the "PP" version of the texture you want. I'm going to try and post some pictures to show you, but I haven't been to lucky with rendo actually uploading my pics in the forum. Stew

stew451 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 2:34 AM

file_275956.jpg

Selecting the skeleton

stew451 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 2:35 AM

file_275958.jpg

selecting the texture

stew451 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 2:36 AM

Waldomac I hope this helps, if you have any more questions I'll be more than happy to help if possible. Stew

waldomac ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 8:06 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=107&Form.ShowMessage=2352411&Reply=2353422#18

Thanks, Stew. I appreciate your help. I was able to get it up and running. I also was able to get the "helpers" to be invisible in Bryce, so that was cool. Again, I thank you for your help and your patience with me. DAZ Studio really is pretty cool. I found it easier to use than the past versions of Poser I'd tinkered with. Does it allow for anything other than preset facial expressions and mouth positions? I hadn't found that yet, if it does.

stew451 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 10:41 AM

You're welcome. If you have the Victoria 3 SAE the expressions are included. Just select the head and look in your parameter window and they will be listed under the 'Morphs' section. If you don't have the SAE version you should still be able to download it from Daz in the update section. For body morph and head morphs you will need to buy the respective morph paks. Stew

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.