Fri, Oct 4, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: 1000 views of my gallery image!!!

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 5:41 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: UNNATURAL BREEDS

Well its a first for me at least. one of my gallery images has hit over 1000 views.

WARNING: it is a pin-up ( noo!!!!) with really, REALLY large mammory appendages so to THE self appointed members of the
"A cup,natural gravity sag gesatpo"

please do NOT click the link and then complain about the breast size. ;-/

my specialty is lighting and atmosphere.
thanks to all who viewed and commented.
even those two troll comments
helped push me over 1000!!

My website

YouTube Channel

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:08 PM

Hehe. Cool fantasy image, Wolf! Excellent dramatic lighting. Lighten up, aeilkema. That's unnecessary. The image is well done, actually. If the subject matter is not to taste, why did you click the link? He did WARN you what kind of content it was after all. It's things like that which baffle me.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

vilian ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:18 PM

O.o Why in the world did you give that poor alien lady such awful huge ... (searching for a right word) ... things ?? (haven't found the proper word :P) Image is nicely done, good posing and awesome lighting, but my God, those ... things, it'll be my nightmare tonight - and I was just going to bed... :( Well, people do go for nudity much too often to suit my taste. I got ONE nude pic at my gallery - with over 800 hits. None of my other pics never made even close to 100 hits (well, maybe 90 is close enough, but nothing more). Sigh. Time to put boobs even on my fractal images thumbs ;). LOL

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:30 PM · edited Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:32 PM

A post has been deleted for TOS violations (and a couple of others which addressed that post specifically.) Sorry for the discontinuity :-

Wolf, gratz on your 1k :-) Karen
Poser Mod

Message edited on: 07/25/2005 18:32

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:31 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------- "WARNING: it is a pin-up ( noo!!!!) with really, REALLY large mammory appendages so to THE self appointed members of the ?"A cup,natural gravity sag gesatpo"??please do NOT click the link and then complain about the breast size. ;-/"?-----------------------------------------------------------------?thanks MAXX ,3Dzone and martian_manhunter you others WHY WHY WHY did you click the link ???? after being warned and get your precious feelings hurt ;-) it not about boobs its about lighting ,textures composition and mood. learn these four things and you will get more hits.

My website

YouTube Channel

KimberlyC ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:39 PM

Congrats!! :) claps

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:41 PM
Site Admin

Congrats on getting your first 1000-view image, wolf359

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:46 PM

I'M BLIND! I'M DISGUSTED!! I'M BLIND! Oh wait! Nice lighting! ;)

Neyjour ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:48 PM

Gratz! That's one of my faves of yours. :D

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 7:05 PM

hmm...I see this with willdial and Boobrepli's work..now why would I know about them?..;) hey, it's 700 more than I ever got..;) now the trick is to do it with something a little less 'Soviet hero mother'-sized..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 7:32 PM

OK, Wolf, I'll go along with your lights, textures, comp etc, but... The huge baps are pretty nice, too. :) Seriously, it's a top quality image and would be even without the norks.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 7:52 PM

Congrats, wolf. But telling them not to click on it is like a matador waving a red cape - they can't resist. But baps and norks? Ay, dios mio! I can never keep up with this Anglo slang.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 7:58 PM

"But baps and norks? Ay, dios mio! I can never keep up with this Anglo slang." Such a rich language, is our Queen's English. Somehow, I can't see Ol' Liz talking about norks anytime soon, though. :D

My Store

My Gallery

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 8:24 PM

"Baps and norks" ? fergit them...thems be jugs and BIG ones at that LOL.

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 8:31 PM

Jugs? That's so... "Colonial". ;)

My Store

My Gallery

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 8:34 PM

Is the bap that creature behind her? it is pretty huge. And it's got the nork on it's arm. @wolf I like the lighting as well. I am curious as to why you put a warm light coming up from below and to the viewer's right. How did you envision the actual lighting - perhaps some form of fire on the ground? [Note: This was not criticism at all - it looks good. I am simply curious about the thought process behind the lighting choices so I can learn.]

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 8:48 PM

ROFL Sam ..my apologies for allowing my aussie roots to show...and I'm not even a guy either LOL.

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 9:17 PM

Yanno, Wolfe, I once saw a pen & ink sketch of an alien lady with really big ... appendages. Only she had THREE of 'em. :LOL: It might be amusing to try that with Vicky sometime. Btw, I do dig that funky lighting. Good work!

blonderella ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 10:06 PM

hey congrats, that's really great! dont let anyone rain on your parade...I looked at your pic when you first posted it, and now again tonight...although I didn't leave a comment, that doesn't mean anything bad, my time is somewhat limited...I really enjoyed viewing it...I think it's an unusual and interesting image, but that's a good thing! and your lighting and the atmosphere are awesome...dont pay attention to naysayers and close minded people...if all the great artists of history had paid any mind to the criticism and negativity, we would be without many a masterpiece...congrats again and keep on keepin' on! :D Karen

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 10:30 PM

it not about boobs its about lighting ,textures composition and mood. Well, if you want it to be about lighting, textures, composition, and mood, distracting the viewer with breasts the size of beach balls may not be the best way to get it across. For what it's worth, I DO like the lighting, composition, mood, and textures. Not so crazy about the boobs. (And no, I'm not "offended" by it, I just find the tits too distracting and a detraction from the image). bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Foxseelady ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 11:10 PM

lol that's just great congrats to you! Now you'll be up over 1000 cause we all just had to see it ;) Interesting pic to say the least I absolutley love (LOVE) that creature it's way to cool!

Argon18 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 11:13 PM

I just find the tits too distracting and a detraction from the image. Apparently so since the subject matter of the title was completely missed it was called "Unnatural Breeds" after all, so why be suprised at the breeding of the breasts then? It fit the mood as he suggested and went well with the alien nature of the image. In a different image that kind of composition might've been distracting but I thought it was completely appropriate for what he was trying to do there. Congrats on the amount of views, and I agree it takes a lot more than the adage of "the tits get the hits" to make it to over 1000, that alone will only get you a couple hundred, you need lighting ,textures composition and mood to get the rest of the way.

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 11:16 PM

Apparently so since the subject matter of the title was completely missed it was called "Unnatural Breeds" after all, so why be suprised at the breeding of the breasts then? Who the hell said I was surprised? I just found the enormous tits distracting, which is precisely what I said. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 1:54 AM

Congrats wolf, I saved it time ago in my HD, over all for the superb lighting (hey, if she turn around, she can kill the monster with a tit-hit) ;)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

n3k0 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 2:43 AM

Yes, great lighting. Oh, and those are huge thermonuclear warheads. And great for poking a person's eye out (if the person happens to be shorter than her).

kawecki ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:00 AM

Bobs?, what bobs?, I can only see the lighting!

Stupidity also evolves!

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:16 AM

Very nice! I'm amazed you don't get a lot more hits. No, now that I looked in your gallery as a whole I understand why - it's the very 'bland' thumbnails that keep the punters away. They don't realise the excellent pinup material hiding behind the thumbs. Of course, that may be a conscious choice on your part - if so, I don't get the point. Very nice lights and atmosphere indeed. And excellent tits :o) :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:22 AM

I can just see the Queen sitting at the breakfast table with the Sun and saying to Philip, "Cor, look at these bleedin' norks on page 3! Blimey..." :] Fish

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:28 AM

Why do people get so upset about the big chest? It isn`t real (news flash).

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:38 AM

Xantor: Easy answer - A lot of people feel a need to impose their version of morality or taste on the rest of us. They can't comprehend that any other view than their own could be at least as valid. When they are simple enough to despise others for not thinking like they do, they also feel they have a right to attempt to force us to change, and they feel righteous when pointing out our lack of 'morals' or 'taste'. It's that simple. --------------------------- To all moral types and other sniggering idiots: Read my comment above a second time and think about it. Okay? You're only making fools of yourselves. You're not impressing anyone except yourself and others of similarly small capacity. :] Fish

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:57 AM

"Why do people get so upset about the big chest?" Well, I don't know who's upset by it. I was only distracted by it, not upset, not offended, not pissed off, not morally outraged, not angry, not disturbed, not grossed out, not irritated, not annoyed. Just distracted. I'd be equally distracted (or moreso) by a huge penis in the picture, actually (although I admit, I'd like that a lot more because I tend to prefer penises, but hey, that's me). This kind of thing is why nobody can get honest input at Renderosity. If you offer your opinion of the work, even if you mostly praise it, if you make the slightest comment that might not be utter adoration you get called a sniggering idiot and people make all sorts of assumptions about your morality that probably aren't true. Eventually, people stop offering input, given the fact that they're likely to get flamed. bonni

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 6:17 AM · edited Tue, 26 July 2005 at 6:20 AM

Elizabyte, I didn`t mean you, I meant the people who left complaining messages below the picture. They werent actually just complaining, someone saying that the picture is disgusting is trolling.

Message edited on: 07/26/2005 06:20

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 6:49 AM

LOL! Disgusting? Hardly. The lighting is, in fact, really beautiful, IMHO. I'll also admit that seeing breasts like that automatically gives me a backache. ;-) But it's still true about not being able to get good feedback at R'sity, precisely because people flame you for anything other than praise. :( bonni

Elfquest ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 10:26 PM

Now try to get as much views without the boobs in your image. Now THAT'S a challenge.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 10:39 PM

Now try to get as much views without the boobs in your image. Now THAT'S a challenge. LOL!!!!!! bonni

odf ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 11:37 PM

Now try to get as much views without the boobs in your image. Now THAT'S a challenge. Have a look at the thumbnail. Does it have boobs in it? Does the title say anything about boobs, let alone giant ones? So the 1000+ views are all from psychics, right? murmuring something unpostable under his breath Oh, and by the way, I really prefer those A to C sizes. But what can you do? sigh

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Argon18 ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 11:52 PM

Attached Link: It's been done

This image has over 1500 views without any sort of nudity, so I guess it rose to the challenge eh? It usually takes some kind of emotional response to the image either positive or negative (or both by different perspectives) I personally was a lot more distacted by the teeth of the figure on the left of wolf's image, but it did fit the theme of Unnatural Breeds so I accepted it as part of the whole thing. I suppose it's all in what you focus on. As has been pointed out in other threads, the climate of the galleries doesn't seem to be the place for feedback. For all kinds of reasons, what seems to work better is practice and observing something you like and trying to imitate it. As far as I've noticed that's the way most ppl improve around here.

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 12:06 AM

chuckles Congradulations on over 1000 views. Clicking the link, I cant say i'm terribly suprized. You can quote me here, its probably my jealousy as my classical fully dressed images barely break 400 veiws and heaven forbid more than 12 comments (eghads!). Your work is lovely of course, regardless of the .... ahem... assets involved, but most likely that many views are from such assets. Makes me wanna take my classical paintings and have the chicks have their assets pop out of a corset or something to drum up interest LOL

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 1:14 AM

For all kinds of reasons, what seems to work better is practice and observing something you like and trying to imitate it. That's a good observation. In this case, the image is very well done, and the lighting is excellent, but the unfortunate thing is that there's a lot of crap in the galleries and a lot of newbies see it, think it's the height of art, and then churn out hundreds of huge-titted Vickies or muscle-popping Mikes or cuter-than-cute Koshinis or whatever. (Again, I'm not ragging on the image that started this thread; I do like it, other than being distracted by, well, you know :-) bonni

Argon18 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 1:57 AM

crap in the galleries and a lot of newbies see it, think it's the height of art Just think of it as fertilizer, since once they get enough practice and grow tired of churning them out, they progress to something different or else improve their techniques to put out higher quality Vickies, Mikes or Koshinis. (even willdal seems to be developing some sense of proportion in his later pics from what I've seen)

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 2:32 AM

Just think of it as fertilizer grin Yeah, that's one way of looking at it. :-) Heheh. I like that... bonni

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:29 AM

Thanks everyone especially those who acknowledged my lighing efforts :-) it still Amazes me that so many still get upset over large breasts even on a depiction of an obviously non human female with huge tentacles on her head. Thanks to all who viewed and commented :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.