Fri, Sep 20, 2:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Has anyone tried UF4?

aliaszoe ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 11:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Have any of you tried the new Ultra Fractal 4 yet? What do you think? And is it buggy?

ejw_biocursion ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 12:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.biocursion.com

I just downloaded the eval version. After using Ultra Fractal for several years, animation was one option sorely missed. This has everything I wanted. One amazing option that breathes life into animations is motion blur. It looks like a vector map is being used, but at 50% and high quality - it looks flawless. If you're not sure it's worth it - render an animation (using the 'render to disk' option) without motion blur. Then re-render with motion blur applied. You'll never go back. I can't report on bugs - too soon. Eric www.biocursion.com

stevi0d ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 5:11 AM

Uf 2 still stands as the only shareware app that I've shelled out money for. Upgrading to Uf 3 was a no brainer for me... all those exciting new features and improved interface. Looking at the feature list for Uf 4, I found myself slightly unexcited. I wondered if this was a sympton of a program being too near perfection to allow for must have upgrades. Animation is not of interest to me. Maybe if the creator had thought out of the box and expanded the software in totally new directions I would be a little more excited...

Well, I downloaded it and tried it anyway.

The explorer feature ROCKS and makes it a breaze to explore the changes all those obscure settings hidden away in formulae actually make. This tool allows for much more creative freedom and control and lets the user really direct the exploration involved in image creation with Uf. I'm a little hooked.

Looks like I'll be shelling out for it at some point... (maybe when 4.01 comes out; it will be a little faster and more stable).

Stephen

crazywitko ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 2:52 PM

Being an animation junkie, this upgrade from 3 to 4 was a no brainer for me. But also, like stevoid says, the explorer feature ROCKS!! It is so much nicer to be able to run the mouse over areas and see the changes instantly in the preview window. Besides the animation, this is the best new feature in UF4. If you have UF3, you'll be doing yourself a creative favor by upgrading.

aliaszoe ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 6:29 PM

Thank you all! I really wanted to know if there were any major computer problems caused by the new version before I downloaded it. I'm not in a guinea pig mood this week. G But I can tell from your comments that there aren't so tomorrow I'll get it and play. I'm not particularly interested in doing animations myself, but I am intrigued by the explorer feature.

ywaters ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 10:13 AM

Now this is good to know!!

LordWexford ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 10:15 AM

You might want to check out this link over at the FracFan forum: http://woosie.net/fracfan/viewtopic.php?t=1022

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.