Sat, Sep 21, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Bad luck this week :O(....... sniff

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 2:04 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:37 PM

Lost my camera to a salt water mishap -took some of my best shots ever..all gone ...a bit depressed about it... just got back from the trip and too tired to tell the whole story right now.. but my new Nikon is compleatly dead... managed to save the memory card and when at the pool the hotel maid swept in up in linins talk about frustration... managed not to pull all my hair out..LOL!) so my card chip its gone ... they tried to search for it but no luck other than that had a good time with my family at sea world , the sanDiago zoo ,the wild animal park and Balboa park and the beach...big sigh)))))))))))))) just cringed when i kept seeing wondeful shots to take with no working cam... I didnt have it in me my to buy a disposable after working with a 7.1 meg pix Nikon...! I kept telling my self ...it was fate telling me to focus more on my girls than shots...so i would stay cheerful and think of what was most important my kids... i try to always find a bright side in things ... but now the love of it is deep in me and i cannot escape from my yearning to capture light. had a nice time at the photograpers museaum today... and i know there is the future ahead... tTO top it off... came home and my other camera and jewley and my mothers bday present i got her all seem to be missing...mabey the teen we trusted to take care of the house left the door open or hid them i have to talk to her tommorrow... Tried my best just to appreciate the time spent with girls ..but deep down i am a bit heartbroken...wondered if i am jinxed ... and then my pics from Michigan I took the weeks previous I put on disk they didnt work ... and are on my moms comput and she will be gone in Alaska for a while so only have a few...hopefully she can send some tommorrow before her trip..took lots there so i will have some to share untill i can buy a new camera .. yep it has to get better ...lol... trying to stay positive but its hard right now.. miss you all.. hope you are all doing well hugs kimmers.

kimmers ♥ :O)

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 2:49 AM · edited Sat, 06 August 2005 at 2:52 AM

awwwwwwwwwwwww... dear kimmers!!!!
that is terrible!!! so sorry hun

i know the feeling of losing your cam
after i killed my last one by dropping it on the pavement with the lens extended... but then to lose your card & geeeesh!!! i hope you find the stuff that's missing in your house... stuff... it's just stuff... right? you still have what's most precious to you but still :((((

huge hugz, sure it'll all work out... get some sleep... tomorrow may be brighter...

Message edited on: 08/06/2005 02:52

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 3:18 AM

That is like way too much.Things will have to turn around now. They have to. Here's a smile:)))))))))))) Don't think anymore on it now after this.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

pstekky ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 3:24 AM

OMG, And here I was upset because I scratched my favorite lens! I could cry after reading this!!! I can't imagine the feeling, only know that my heart would just break! I keep going every day with the thought "Stuff happens for a reason" Although it may not be apparent right now, some day you'll look back and think "Ya know, if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have this now". (At least I hope this will happen for you.) Thoughts are with you, Rich

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 4:31 AM

AAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! #:o( I couldnt feel more for you Kimmie, i can understand your frustration and that youre feeling down. Im convinced everything will work out for ya though, youre not jinxed. They are only "stuff" and "stuff" can be replaced, your time with your family can not. Welcome back though, weve sure missed you. Some "welcome-back-feel-better-hugs" coming your way!!!! #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

sharky_ ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 10:47 AM

It aint fun with this kind of bad luck no matter how positive you try to be. Its more of a hard lesson in life that most of us go thru. Maybe you can claim some home insurrance on your lost of items? Hope things get better your way and looking forward for your new camera. Keep us posted on that. Also, say Happy Birthday to your mom from me. Aloha.

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 10:58 AM · edited Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:00 AM

oh sweetie...that really SUCKS!!! I'm sooooo sorry!! The cam that got ruined with the sea water, perhaps it's insured????

what about your other cam and missing items? your mom and has home owner's insurance, right? she could file a claim and you could get reimbursed that way maybe for the things that were stolen??? you'd have to file a police report probably.

i can understand why you're so upset; i would be too. but like the others have said, it's just "stuff." The most important thing is life...time you spend with your loved ones!!!

i'm not trying to discount what you've been thru 'cause it really sucks! But you're NOT jinxed, dear Kimmers. it's just the way life is sometimes. You're BLESSED!!!! You have 3 HEALTHY, wonderful kids, TIME to spend with them, a roof over your head, food on the table, and probably WAY more than most of the people in this world.

you might be interested in this link. it helps me put things in perspective and realize how INCREDIBLY blessed i am when SH_T happens.

anyway, here's a mega ((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))
comin' your way!!!!!! Hang in there!!!

edit: guess the URL was too long 'cause the link doesn't work. let's try it this way. Click Here!

Message edited on: 08/06/2005 11:00

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:35 AM

thanks all for your care and shelia for the link ... yes -COOL link Shelia...! wow only one fifth of forrests ./....sigh ...we saw an incredible rain forrest show at the zoo at night they wrapped there selfs up high in long hanging cloth and danced in rainforrest costumes... one of the most beautiful dancing acrabatic shows i have ever seen about saving the rainforrests whats left..

kimmers ♥ :O)

Kristanene ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 11:49 AM

Awww, I am SO sorry about all the crap you've had to go through Kimmers! I would absolutely cry if I lost one my cam or my memory card! But, look on the bright side...like you said, it gave you a much better chance to focus on your kids and really enjoy the times like that that you get to spend with them, because they'll be starting their own lives before you know it. That's what my mom always says to me..that she can't believe I'm married and have a home of my own; that I should still be 13 or 14. big hugs!! Things are bound to turn around for you! Take care!!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 10:12 PM

Bad enough to lose a camera to an accident but to have it happen on a vacation...sucks the big wazoo. Wish I could give you more than a digital hug...but I'm sure that nice guy of yours is doing his job. Keep your chin up, young lady.

jocko500 ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2005 at 10:24 PM

sorry to hear this.

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

ModestyB ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 12:03 PM

hhhh :( Sorry!!! But its just things..plastic/metall.......and I know...I had feldt the same way :)

vlaaitje ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2005 at 3:52 PM

O my this is really sad to hear. I have an insured on my camera 3 extra years, always better. Hope you will get over this...I feel for you......hugz

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 3:26 PM

Now this sucks! :( I feel for ya sweety! Dunno what esle to say...the others said it better than I would...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.