Thu, Oct 3, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What's the scoop with Terai Yuki?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:17 PM

She has external morphs, so the morphs won't work in Poser 5. If you have Poser 6, you can load her up, then save her with external morphs disabled. Then she'll work in Poser 5.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:22 PM

Thanks. I only have Poser 5. I didn't upgrade since I only had Poser 5 about 7 months when Version 6 was released.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:33 PM

Okay, another issue I have with all of this is that it has the appearance of being a blatant "shoe in" to Poser 6. It's low poly to show off smoothing. Uses PMD files to show off external morph loading. I'm not against P6, in fact I'm a happy P6 user. I thought this may be an attempt at an Aiko 3 killer, regardless of how long this figure has been used in other parts of the world (yes, yes I know, since 1999). All of these things are okay. However, your potential markets for P4, PP, P5 and perhaps D/S users are getting cut out. This is besides the fact that her low poly nature makes her less useful for precise morphing and use in stills work. Sure offer a P6 version, but from a market standpoint why not offer a legacy version, a hires version and a legacy hires version? This just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Let's just make a big thick dividing line?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:45 PM

I think they're trying to force people to upgrade. They did the same thing with Miki and Koji (already on sale in Japan). They have PMD files. But if you save them with external morphs disabled, they work just fine in Poser 5. (Or P4, even.)

This is a mistake, IMO. Maybe if they were DAZ it would work. But they're not DAZ. They're not anywhere near to being DAZ. They're only hurting themselves, and their customers, by doing it this way. Support is everything for a Poser figure, and figures that can only be used by P6 owners are not going to have a lot of support.

I wonder if it would be legal for someone to save Yuki in P5-friendly format, and distribute her RTEncoded? Her page at Content Paradise does not say P6 is required, and some people who don't own P6 have already bought her.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:54 PM

Between all of the Daz Figures, former Daz figures, and now Anton's Apollo, I have enough figures to work with. If eFrontier wants to put out Poser 6 exclusive figures, that's their right, but it won't force me to upgrade until I'm good and ready to. I don't feel a need to upgrade something I bought, so soon after buying it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 11:25 PM

Actually, I consider the addition of buttock groups more important than the chest/collar regrouping. It is possible to adjust the JPs on the collars and chest to compensate, whereas the lack of an entire body part is another thing entirely.

sixus1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 11:31 PM

Thanks for answering my question. I was wondering. :) --Rebekah--

SenshiTaurus ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 10:46 AM

Terai Yuki is a popular Japanese icon. So popular that she was one of the main stars in the japanese-only PS2 game Primal Image, a game very much like Poser. Chose from 3 females and 1 male, pose them, and then take photos. From what i've seen, this version of Terai Yuki isn't based off her CGI self, but her low-poly PS2 game model self, hence why she's low poly. I've never played the game, but i don't think there were many expressions to choose from, explaining why she has few morphs. I'm still gonna buy her, but i'm hoping that they'll release a high rez version someday...it would be great! ^^

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 10:56 AM

Hmmm... Senshi, I don't think that was what they meant when they said you should find a nice girl.

SenshiTaurus ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 10:59 AM

Sorry, what? You've just confused me...I was explaining a possible reason as to why she's low poly...please explain what you meant...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.