Tue, Oct 22, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Anyone checked out the new CP char Miki?

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:33 AM

Sorry meant the templates for the char textures. Threw a second skin on her that worked out pretty well. Hoping PhilC will support her as that would make a real difference. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:44 AM

This is weird, first time I put a texture, P6 material room, it stuck, but now that I want to change it there is no change to the material of the second skin. Even reloaded it. Any suggestions? Thanks, Marque

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:50 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I also got an email from e-frontier and am directed to their website with digital river to order and pay for Miki. Did anyone go that route or did you all use CP? I'm kinda leaning towards e frontier because they recommend you use a download manager so their downloads are resumable whereas at CP they're not and the file is not split up but rather the whold 45 megs, which to me is at least 5 hours download. So, anyone with dial-up get her yet, and if so through which store, e frontier or digital river?

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:53 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

whold=whole

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:56 AM

The store. Marque

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 12:58 AM

file_284945.jpg

Another face shot with the Pigtail hair. Content Paradise and Paypal.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:03 AM

lol 2nd skin also created the eyes can't find it anywhere but for some reason they are connected to some part of the body and come in. Just a heads up, if someone figures out how to fix it let me know. Marque

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:09 AM

I suppose I'm correct in concluding that her being the "Japanese counterpart to Jessi" means that she is buttockless?

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:18 AM

I am tempted by this, whatever the faults. That is far too great a polycount. End of the day, she has a great face and the body shape is excellent - so much more natural than many Poser people. If the face room gets fixed, then it should be possible to create expressions there.

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:19 AM

While I think of it, I've just read my newsletter from e-frontier, Shade 8 is going to come with both Terai Yuki AND Fei Fei!!!!

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:24 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Which store would that be Marque? Is it available elsewhere?

krazik ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:38 AM

Kalypso, CP certinely supports resumable downloads. If you are having trouble please pm me with your download manager so I can look into it. -Rylan e frontier

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:40 AM

Sorry content paradise. I think I must have a virus...sigh Just working in Photoshop CS, for some reason I can't save as a jpg now. Can someone please help, if only with a manual page so I can figure this out? Thanks, Marque

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:51 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Rylan, just sent you an IM!

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:04 AM

She is also available directly from e-frontiers (Digital Rivers) Same price. I like her. She has a non-model look to her, but not plain either. I will wait for the Wardrobe Wizard Update for her!

ratscloset
aka John

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:26 AM

file_284946.jpg

Hope you lot don't mind if I join in on this thread...

I think she turns out quite nice, doesn't seem to slow my system down as much as I would expect.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:51 AM

Anyone having luck with the FaceRoom?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 2:52 AM

Forget Miki. Let's see some nude renders of that motorcycle in a temple.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:04 AM

file_284948.jpg

Ya asked fors it and yuz gots it. ;0)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:33 AM

To be honest, her geometrie of the hip is FULLY! elaborated, not as with other Figures like V3, where the vertices are cluttered in one place and one has to take them one by one to create a natural hip. Unfortunately, there is no morph for these parts included, also the texture shows a seperate texture but that one is not used. Lets see, when the first morphs for her private parts are available ;)

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:51 AM

file_284949.jpg

heres another face shot

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:53 AM

Forgot to tell you, since the face room isn't working, go to the expressions and look for the Miki folder and click the random face button, when ya get one ya halfway like, tweak it with the dials ;o)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 6:41 AM

pokeydots, did you do a lot of post work on that last render? BTW, Miki WILL be supported soon by WW. Phil told us so in his email about Terai Yuki.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:23 AM

I'm impressed by her body morphology standing. How's the joint rotation on the legs in other poses? Can her legs take sitting, high kicks, or other action poses without bulges or deformation?
I would realy appreciate it if some one can post some posed test renders like that. Thanks.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Merlin ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:27 AM

Anyone knows if Miki is compatible with Jessi's textures ? Morphs ? Clothing ? Or is it a brand new character which will need the purchase of an entire new wardrobe, texture skins, and even morphs ?

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:38 AM

Appears to be brand new. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:40 AM

Just injected Jesse's morphs to be sure, no go. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:45 AM

kuroyume0161 you forgot the nudity flag on that nmiat pic. I was shocked to see those bald tires....heh Marque

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:59 AM

Yet another new figure to spent my money on.... I'll think I'll skip this one (as the ones before), I don't really need another figure. This figure has one excellent feature though, the sale price ($29,99) is very affordable.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:15 AM

Anyone get her to show up in P5? Marque

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:25 AM

Well I hope they are planning to fix this problem with the Face Room morphs not working. This is exactly what would attract me to this character.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:32 AM

It looks like a good figure but what advantages does this new one have over V3 and S3???? I know the mesh is more dense, but do the knees and elbows bend any better???? Are there body morphs? many questions, any answers?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:33 AM

How did you get such great looking skin PsychoNaut? Thanks, Marque

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:37 AM

ahhh i must have missed the post on body morphs... as i see now that there arn't any....hmmm

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:52 AM

The only advantage I see so far is that she is a different character. The knees and elbows are terrible, so are the shoulders. No body morphs and very few head morphs. The face room doesn't work. But I think I'm ok with her. PhilC is going to support her with WW and I have some ideas for her. Hoping that someone will do some realistic textures for her soon because the one she comes with is pretty poor, though PhychoNaut got a nice render. Some poses work some don't. Marque

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:10 AM

If I had a texture template, I'd do a texture for her. Guess I'll have to figure out how to separate them out in UV Mapper. A PIA, but not impossible for me ;o). Just confusing when the whole thing is layered together... Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:12 AM

BTW, did anyone notice that there is not a separate material for the lips? Very depressing... Oh well. Laurie

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:31 AM

Just like Jesse. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:33 AM

I know what you mean Laurie, been avoiding UV Mapper like the plague, suppose I should just figure it out. lol Know of any good tutorials on it? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_284950.jpg

Here are some pics of her sitting. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:36 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_284952.jpg

Mind you these are just fast renders so you can see the joints. Marque

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:42 AM

Providing that there are no unforseen technical difficulties Miki will get Wardrobe Wizard support. This will be "soon" but not within the next day or so.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:51 AM

There are chest morphs checking for others. Thanks for letting us know Phil. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:53 AM

Nope only chest morphs as far as any body dials and they are only for movement.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:10 AM

I have the templates done. The are the same size and dimensions as the texture maps that came with Miki and the same elements (for instance, the top and bottom teeth and eyelashes are separate maps, so I made separate templates). I have a zip file, very small, but no site space, so someone with Miki and with site space will have to distribute them. I'll email 'em to ya. Anyone with space, shoot me an email at l_a_allen@yahoo.com and I'll get 'em right to ya. Laurie

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:10 AM

what? no inflatable boobs....wow these models are getting more realistic every day :-D

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:20 AM

http://www.tigerdesigns-online.com/free2/MikiTemplates.zip

TamiL ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.tigerdesigns-online.com/free2/MikiTemplates.zip

Thanks Laurie, there is the link...........didn't know how to make it an actual link in here? I'll post something on the front page of my site in a few minutes here!

stallion ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:41 AM

there is a face room module over at CP in the new item or free stuff section quote "This free update for Poser 6 adds Faceroom functionality for Miki to Poser 6. This update is offered seperately due to the file size. "

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 10:41 AM

There is not a outlineSet file in the head folder. Jessie and James have one but not Miki. About a 9kb file. I hope I won't have to D/L the whole set again for that. It took 4 hours on dialup to get the morphs and not have them work. Not to suprised. I spent 5 months to get my news letter problem fix and I don't get that anymore.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.