Sat, Sep 21, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: How many versions of Apophysis are there?

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2005 at 2:43 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:25 PM

I have version 2.02 (which seems to be the latest on their site), but I have seen people put Apo 2.02i, and Apo 2.02g also. Are these all different, and if so, in what way? and where can I download any such version from besides just plain old 2.02?

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

tdierikx ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2005 at 6:17 PM

Apo v2.02 is the latest "official" version. The others are beta versions built from that official version. You can get the beta versions from... http://sourceforge.net/projects/apophysis The latest version is "i" T.

Who? Me?

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 3:54 AM

Thanks so much T, for the info. That makes some sense, and is obviously the reason why I didn't see those versions on the Apo site! lol. Nicky.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

Rykk ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 12:07 PM

Actually, I think the latest version supported by Mark is ver. 2.02c. After that, others have taken over the writing of code for the versions d thru i. I just use 2.02c as I really don't understand very well what any enhancements may have been in the later versions and whether they are "major" changes. Or maybe I'm just getting older and "set in my ways" - lol. C-ya! Rick

tdierikx ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 7:22 PM

Rykk, Try version 2.02i - you'll love the enhancements - trust me! Ronald and Piotr are doing a great job. T.

Who? Me?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.