Sat, Aug 3, 9:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Anyone checked out the new CP char Miki?

msorrels ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2005 at 9:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_284979.jpg

I've given up all hope. We will never see a fix, they will just keep saying it's the installer (I've gotten like 3 messages from them since I first reported, none of appear to have been written by someone that actually read a thing I wrote).

-Matt

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 3:30 AM

It can be verified that the MacOS FaceRoom module works on the Mac (MacOS 10.4.2 here). I even used the Windows version of the Miki1020 Figure Pack and it still worked perfectly. e-F has some 'splainin' to do...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 8:01 AM

LOL... Yeah, they do have some "splainin" to do ;o). So, apparently, the Windows version needs something that the Mac version doesn't, or something needs rewritten to work correctly on the PC. Hmmm... You think they woulda tested all this. Tsk, tsk. Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 3:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.savefile.com/files/1024300

file_284980.jpg

Okay, here it is, such as it is. Free texture for TigerDesigns free Miki dress (found above in the thread). It hasn't been tested, so... Poser 5 or 6 only. Laurie

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 4:12 PM

Re:For folks who are still getting warnings from the P6 Face Room when they try bringing Miki in, even after installing both her and the Face Room update, I've posted this FAQ- I Installed Poser 6 in it;s Default location. the Face Room Files installed correctly. I checked the statements in the link. I have those exact same statements in my .xml file in heads. I still get the Warning though. Any ideas? WinXp pro P6 SR1 Cheers DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

kenben ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 4:13 PM

Hmmmm....can't use the Hyper Real for V3, it checks the number of vertices and uses V3 specific textures. Does anyone have the P6 Realism kit to check that?

TamiL ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 4:23 PM · edited Sun, 21 August 2005 at 4:25 PM

Wow! Nice texture Laurie, send it my way and I'll host it for ya if you'd like! Lol, actually you don't need to send it, just let me know if you'd like me to put it up!

Message edited on: 08/21/2005 16:25

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 4:36 PM

Sure can TamiL. Didn't wanna waste your space and bandwidth ;o). Do with it what you like :o). Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 4:39 PM

Default install location for Poser 6 (or any program) is on C: I can't afford the space on C: just so that I can use the face room for one figure...sigh. They'll have to fix that so that it works no matter where you intall Poser, IMHO. Laurie

TamiL ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 5:34 PM

I'll put it up soon, I have the space! LOl thanks

TamiL ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 5:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.tigerdesigns-online.com/free2/mikisdresstex-LaurieA.zip

its up on my site now Laurie, thanks! I used your picture from this page, LOL....I needed a quick thumb.

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 7:07 PM

Thanks Laurie ;o)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 7:46 PM

Question How to I stop receiving E-mails everytime someone makes a post to this topic?? Many thanks DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 8:17 PM

mariner: The way to stop receiving emails to this particular post is to not come back to it when you get the next email. That's the only way I know of :o). Laurie

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:52 AM

bookmarked

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Merlin ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:13 PM

No news from CL / CP ? Anyone ?

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:22 PM

I love the fact that her face is not stretched tight like a face lift. It is inevitable that people will blow up the eyes, shrink the nose and collagen the lips, but the realistic human inperfections make her face uniquely realistic I think. She is perhaps the most realistic human famele face to date.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:22 PM

I love the fact that her face is not stretched tight like a face lift. It is inevitable that people will blow up the eyes, shrink the nose and collagen the lips, but the realistic human inperfections make her face uniquely realistic I think. She is perhaps the most realistic human female face to date.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:43 PM

No news from CL/EF/CP. Seems that in the face (haha - pun unintentionally intended) of overwhelming evidence, the Windows version of the Miki FaceRoom module does not work properly as stated or that unusual Poser installations are not causing the issues. I compared the MacOS and Miki versio files and they match. Haven't looked more deeply, hoping that this is resolved before resorting to that. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 8:38 PM

Yup that's why I got her, she is so unique and makes a great character. C'mon PhilC...C'mon PhilC...lol Marque

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 12:59 AM

Well, according to the 'just received' CP email that I just received ;0), no news is good news (for eF/CL, that is). They are trumpeting Miki full-blast (and rightly so - excellent figure). But not a hint on a resolution to this situation. Though, the freebie is ironic: "PATCH" the parrot. Yes, we need a patch, but not that one! LOL

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

clsteve ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 1:24 AM

Hello everyone, As you know there are some issues with the Face Room for Miki, accidentally the initial Windows version of the Face room installer for Miki was released with a wrong figure key value. For most users, this will result in Miki not being recognized as a figure supported by the Face room. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an updated installer that fixes this problem. For the time being, if you want to use Miki in the Face room immediately, please exercise the following steps: 1. Locate your known heads list (RuntimeheadsknownFaceRoomHeads.xml) and create a backup of the file in a safe location. 2. If running, exit Poser 6. Open knownFaceRoomHeads.xml in a text editor, for example Notepad. 3. In the line please exchange the attribute key="9015710722975" with key="1097865049" Once you're done, the line should look like this: 4. Save the modified file to RuntimeheadsknownFaceRoomHeads.xml and launch Poser 6. Miki should now be recognized by the Face room. The above fix will not address the issue of Photo Matching. We are working diligently to resolve that issue and will notify you when a new installer is available. Thank you, EFSteve

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 1:29 AM
Site Admin

So, the new installer will fix this problem AND add photo matching support? If so, I'd rather wait since I'm on dial-up and there's no point wasting all that time if a fixed version will be up soon but that depends on how soon :) Any idea of how long it might take? Thanks!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 1:35 AM

Cool! Thanks, Steve. So, did you like the pun on the parrot? Huh, huh? :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 1:43 AM

Yeah!!!! The face room works with the new fix! Thank you very much!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

clsteve ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 1:44 AM

:) Nothing gets past you guys.... Kalypso, As soon as we possibly can. I would suggest waiting if you're on DUP.

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 2:38 AM
Site Admin

Ok, I'm getting my Terai Yuki update anyway, she's got WW support already so I think I can keep busy :) Thanks!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 11:03 AM

Where is the update to Terai Yuki? Thanks, Marque

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 11:07 AM

Hey it worked! Thanks, Marque

clsteve ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 11:09 AM

Marque, It's included in teh package, so if you download again from CP it will be in there.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 11:20 AM

Thanks, didn't get notice about it. Glad I came back in here or I wouldn't have known. Marque

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 12:02 PM

Finally it works :)) CP sent me an answer on the 20th starting:" Hello Ulrich, DON'T LISTEN TO GOSSIP!!! all too often it's the blind leading the blind." Then they saids they never heard about this prob :P

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:19 PM

BkMrq

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.