Thu, Oct 10, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: My new project for Miki started.

Yamato ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 4:24 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 6:18 AM

file_287512.jpg

Miki is the most realistic Asian model I have seen. And Facial morphs are excellemt. Many Japanese publishers have high interest in Miki. So I must do something for her. Almost all I can do must be making face. Because Miki's original face is not my taste ;) I made 30-40 basic MTs and assembled them to make the prototype in this weekend. I think it's the first step. I'll touche more and more until I finished. I need your useful comments (and new textures for her) !!! (^o^

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 4:33 PM

Aregato Yamato for all your wonderful gifts. You bring honour to all of us with your generosity. Miki is beautiful with your new face. cheerio lululee

Starkdog ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 4:34 PM

WOw!! Yamato, i just fell out of my chair. Your Miki morphs look awesome. I can't wait to see what else you have planned for her. Just out of curiousity, I cant get anything to work or download at Poserclub.jp, but where else do a lot of other Japanese artists, Zock3D, Have, and others hang out at? I am working on some stuff for Miki and Terai Yuki, and when I release stuff, I'd like to offer stuff to some of the Japanese sites. However, Babelfish jumbles some of the pages, and I don't speak Japanese, except when ordering sushi. Thanks, -The Starkdog

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 4:59 PM

file_287515.jpg

Working on a tex Yamato! Not near finished yet, as I don't have a lot of time to work on it, but I plan on finishing this one :o). So far only the head and body base. So much to do, so little time... The image uses my head map, except for the lashes and teeth and inside mouth for now. Laurie

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 5:22 PM

Beautiful work, Yamato. I was intrigued that you said "Victoria 3 eyes" in the original image - are you talking about the texture ?

remc ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 6:14 PM

Neat work !!!

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 7:23 PM

That's a wonderful face!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Yamato ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 8:50 PM

!! I want your texture Laurie !! And cool rendering ! Originally Miki was born as realistic character as like as Fei Fei( You know? ) I think your work is what e-frontier expected (and I want). mathman. I replaced Miki's eyes with V3 eyes. Miki's eye structure is incomprehensible for me. Tooooooo much polygons, incontrollable iris diameter....... Finally I gave up making texture for Miki eyes and re-constructed Miki.obj itself. e-frontier announced to Japanese users that Miki(Japanese version) and Miki1020(you got at Content Paradise) are different and these are incompatible each other recently. They will supply new one for Japanese users. I found many problems in not only eyes. Perhaps these problems might be solved in Miki1020 but I'm not sure. I'll check Miki1020 and decide which obj I use for my model. At first I don't like Miki's proportion and lower polygon body comparing with her head. I'll subdivide her polygons and shape her body up soon.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 9:12 PM

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

onimusha ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 9:39 PM

Wow, I can't wait for these products to be finished, they look awesome...

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 9:53 PM

Thanks Yamato :-). I'm gonna pay special attention to her teeth, since she has such a great smile ;-). I found the eye map to be rather self explanatory and a lot like the millennium figures map. What I didn't understand were how the materials were applied in P6. There is an Eye material there, but there is also an Eye Trans material. Doing anything to the Eye Trans does nothing that I can find - only when I added specular shine to the Eye material did anything show up :-/. Hopefully, CP will make sure that the Japanese version of Miki and the Miki 1020 will be compatible since there is so much overlap between both communites and so many talented Japanese content makers. Laurie

TamiL ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 11:37 PM

Wow Yamato! I love what you've done with her so far

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2005 at 11:37 PM

これは大好きですよ!ありがとうございます、大和さん。 :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Staby ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 2:16 AM

Thank you Yamato, looking forward to it! BTW, are you going to do something to the grouping and joint parameters too? I like Miki (even the default one), but she does not pose as well as Victoria, Stephanie or Aiko 3...

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 2:24 AM

Thanks for all of your hard work, Yamato :)

Yamato ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 3:24 AM

Thank s Staby. Of course I'll do much for JPs. Perhaps I will re-construct parts grouping as you told. But I touch her proportion first ^_^

ytetsu ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 6:10 AM

Konbannwa Yamato san.

I'm also glad to hear your new project.
But I'm afraid about the inconpatibility between US and JP version of Miki.

E-Frontier Japan announced that they will release updater for japanese version Miki to be same as Miki 1020(US version). (But they did not announce the date as usual.)

Currently, there are two version of Miki(US and JP), and they are different with (at least Thigh) shape and expression morphs.
So if you work with JP version, I suspect that the foot wear may not fit for US version. (I aporozie if you check it already.)

ytetsu aka T2

vilian ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 6:24 AM

I hope Japanese content creators won't leave Aiko out in the cold - she had much support from Japan and I hope it will continue. New face for Miki is sooo cute ! I hope to see more of your works, Yamato-sama. I do not own Miki, but I'd like to see more of her because she's really pretty thanks to you :)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 8:40 AM

YEA! I picked up Miki too and went ahead and bought P6 the shipped version. I am able to open Miki in the Pro Pack but none of her dials work. Why release a figure that only works on P6? I want to work in all Poser versions. Yamato, you're Miki morph looks great! Her eyes are strange, I love that you gave her V3 eyes. Can't wait to see more. :D bB

Singular3D ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 2:42 PM

Fantastic job Yamato. She looks lovely. I certainly have to make a texture for her now. If I only had more time left...

Singular3D ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 2:42 PM

Fantastic job Yamato. She looks lovely. I certainly have to make a texture for her now. If I only had more time left...

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 5:25 PM

Beautiful!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 5:52 PM

BastBlack, I'm working on a little Java application that will let you reinternalize PMDs so that Poser objects with them won't require Poser6. Still a few days away before release.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 6:52 PM

Really? Sounds great! :D bB

milamber42 ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 11:22 PM

Fantastic work, as always Yamato!!

GabrielK ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 2:36 AM

Hmmm I may buy the Miki figure after all...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 3:41 PM

Yamato I eagerly await your morphs for Miki, with your talent and this lovely model we shouild have a real beauty to play with. Thank you. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.