Fri, Oct 4, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Hi all! Flohair 2.1 question...

weavo ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 1:13 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:39 AM

FAO EnglishBob? I've been trying to fit the flohair 2.1 onto V3 and A3Lite and I've found that when I load Flohair 2.1 onto V3 it fits perfectly, both front and back. However, when I try to fit FH onto V3 the hair comes into the head just above the eyes! Is there anyway of getting the Flohair 2.1 to fit perfectly onto both V3 and A3 lites head? I have all of the textures, the band to tie the hair and fit to model thing, but no matter what I try, it won't work, not even rotating or moving it. I'm a beginner at this and I'm totally confused as to why I can't get the perfect fitting for the V3 or A3 Lite models.

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 8:43 PM

you will find that most hair will need to be re-sized and refitted if it's not made for a particular character. each character's head is of a differing shape and size. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

jestmart ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 12:29 AM

There are two types of hair. Conforming hair, which is a figure and has a heirarchy (bones)just like other figures. Conforming is the hair that has the "Fit to" option in the parameter settings and will only fit to the character it was made for. The other hair is a static prop, usually located in a folder labeled "Hair" in the "library" folder. Prop hair has to be parented to a characters head and can often be scaled and tweaked to fit just about any character.

weavo ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:39 AM

Thanks, that's given me some ideas to try and fit the flohair onto V3 properly. SO who was the flohair originally intended for?

weavo ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 6:33 AM

Tha ideas didn't work unfortunately :( Any ideas on how I fit the perfect? i.e. wheer to parent on V3 SAE, when to fit to and what I'd have to do to tweak the hair in the right place?

bnetta ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:46 PM

the flow hair is here: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlflo2.html i would recommend re-downloading as the new version of flo hair comes with a fit for vickie3 as well as other characters.. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

weavo ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 5:56 AM

I've tried that one, be4 use the fit to option it fits to V3 fine, but if you try the fit for V3 thing that comes with it, it still fits the hair to the inside of v3 rather than into her head.

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 6:39 PM

ok don't use the fit to.. daz seems to be kinda funny that way, just parent it to the head where it fits best then it will move with the character when posed. also in the parameters do you have it set to fit to?? or not?? i would try adjusting this as well. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

weavo ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:32 PM

I think I'll just look confused..... As I have no idea how to set the hair right when it been fitted.... My guess that the flohair might be for one of the earlier Incarnations of the Vicky Model or meant for Poser only, which would be a ...... :(

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 7:17 PM

hmmmmmmm....first load the hair. then select it...if it is fitted to in the parameters section (change it to none) if it is parented to the head in the selections area un parent it. then move into place and adjust size if necessary. then re-parent it to the head so it will stay when the figure is moved(posed).... you will find this problem with most hair figures in daz. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 12:55 AM

I may be wrong, but I believe the Flo hair was originally made for V2. If you have V3 selected when you click to bring in the hair, then it should go directly onto her. If it comes in and is listed by itself, you can parent it by highlighting on the hair(selecting it) and while holding down on your mouse button, drag it to her head. This is in your scene list window and not the actual model of hair. Be sure that you have V3 open all the way to her head so that you can just drag it down. It needs to be parented to her head. If you use the FIT TO, you will not be able to move it using the translate tools. Therefore parenting is much better as you can move it where you need to. Once parented, go to your parameters and move it up in place by using the Y TRANSLATE, not to be confused with the Y ROTATION. wink You might also have to make some adjustments using the Z TRANSLATE and X TRANSLATE if it is off to the side or the front and back. Hope that helped.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.