Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Has anyone heard from Joey Zazulak (JoeyDude)

fractalchemist ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2005 at 8:09 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:31 PM

Hi guys, seriously worrying about him, he lives in Metairie,LA... Cannot get in touch, anyone here has news? a worried Evie

gumbykat ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2005 at 9:44 AM

No. I've been trying to reach him, too. So far, nada. Linda

locomouse ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2005 at 11:42 AM

The only news I can find is that Metairie is in Jefferson Parish. At wwltv.com there is an instruction listing for all of the different parishes in New Orleans as to when and how you may return to your homes. For Jefferson Parish it states: "Jefferson: You can return Monday with your ID. You will be allowed to collect your belongings and will not be allowed to return for a month."

I truly hope that Joey will contact someone here soon as I, too, am worried about him.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2005 at 6:04 PM

Joe took all his family out of New Orleans last Sunday morning very early. He was heading for Mississippi to relations. I am just hoping that it was a part out of any danger. I have heard nothing further since that message. We can only keep fingers crossed that is and his are ok. I dread to think what he will find when he eventually returns home. When I hear from him I will write immediately to the forum. Also very anxious, Jenny

locomouse ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2005 at 8:14 PM

Thank you, Jenny... my thoughts and prayers continue...

Cosine ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2005 at 10:26 PM

Thank you, Jenny. I just logged onto the forum to ask exactly the question that Eveline asked, and I find the answer already here. I'm hoping we'll hear from Joey soon. Dennis

Stephi ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 9:50 AM

He has been constantly on my mind and I'm glad to hear that he got out of New Orleans and hope he is ok. Will keep checking here in hopes of hearing word about him.

kansas ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for the news about Joey and family. They are in my prayers.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 10:04 AM

Kalli has dropped him a line. You never know, he may get it. Jenny

KITCHAOS ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 5:47 PM

Thanks Jenny...we miss the Joeydude! Let's hope he gets these messages and will let's us know he is ok!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 10:43 AM

I hope he's ok. Please let us know as soon as someone has some news. I'm worried as well. Is he the only fractaler in the disaster zone? Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 11:26 AM

One is one too many Barb. This nightmare encompasses such a vast area and so so many people it is quite possible..

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 3:59 AM

I have put a search on MSNBC and Red Cross. There were three Zazulaks, Scott, Sheila and Joseph. I see that Sheila is safe in Texas with her daughter, but I don't know if she is a relation of Joe's. I do know Joe would not go anywhere if help was needed on the spot. Sorry I have no more information.

fractalinda ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 4:47 PM

Thanks, Jenny. I'm hoping and praying.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 3:48 PM

I know Joe will not mind if I paste this letter. Magnificent news:- Hi all. I am okay, my kids are okay and my house is okay! Thank you all for your concern, thoughts and prayers. Here is my story. I had decided to go to my sister-in-law's house in Mississippi, which I thought was a Lot further north than it is. My kids decided (wisely) to go west, to Texas. Once we were in Miss. and we saw how fierce the storm was and where it was heading, we left our vehicles and myself, my wife, my sister in law, her husband and their two kids piled in their Receational Vehicle and headed north to Jackson Miss. on Sunday night. We slept in the RV at a truck stop on Sunday, and all day Monday the weather worsened, with extremely heavy rain and winds probably gusting to 60-70 miles per hour. The RV was shaking and it was rather scary. Once the storm passed, we began our way back to their house, or tried to. The roads were all filled with fallen trees and while there was just enough room for a regular car to pass, the RV was very hard pressed to stay on enough road to make it past several areas. Once we got off the main highway, we were prevented from driving down the small country roads as they were filled with trees and downed electrical wires. My brother in law and I got a ride to his house and were amazed that, although there were several large trees down in his yard, none of them hit his house Or our cars!! We got our stuff and the others from the RV and went back to his house. Of course his electricity was out, and his fresh water comes from a well, which runs on electrical power. He has a large pond on his property, about 100 yards from his house, so we used that water to flush the toilet, got fresh water from a neighbor to take sponge baths and after a few days were able to get food, drinking water and ice from a government group staffed by the Army. We weren't unable to obtain gas for many days, it was about 95 degrees, and miserable. There was no communication possible with anyone. Cell phones and land line phones did not work at all. We stayed there for two weeks, then finally I got in touch with my daughter who told me to come to her friend's house much closer to home. This girl had full electric power, phones and Air Conditioning!! Finally, I was able to make my way to my house yesterday, although we are not supposed to be in this area yet. I have all utilities and best of all, my home was virtually untouched by the storm. The large pecan tree in my backyard fell over onto my fences, but did not hit my house and the only water i had in my house was from wind-driven rain, not flooding........amazing! If the circumstances had been just a tad different, I too would have had water up to my roof. As I drive around and look at the devastation here, it is very, very sad. I feel so lucky and at the same time I feel so horrible for all those who have lost everything.... It is rather overwhelming right now for me. Please forgive me, but I don't plan on trying to read all the Fractopia messages while I was away.... it is just too much, and I have a lot of clean-up work to do. Fractals are the last thing on my mind right now. I have attached a pic of the highway coming home and of the tree down in my yard. As you can see, it is quite large. I plan to try and cut as much as I can by myself then have a professional do the rest. The top of the tree is resting in the branches of a 35 year old oak in my neighbor's yard. I pray that none of you ever has to deal with such a disaster.......and the worst part........we are still in the middle of hurricane season!! Peace and Love, joe

locomouse ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 4:05 PM

Thank you, God... and Jenny... so very much for this news.

fractalinda ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 4:06 PM

Thank God! And thank you, Jenny, for posting Joe's letter! Wow, what a miracle story! Like you write, "magnificent" news!! Linda

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 7:45 PM

What a relief! And I'm SO glad not only him and his family are ok, but his house too! Thank you Jenny for this wonderful news! Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

kansas ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 10:20 PM

Thank you so much for posting Joey's letter. I'm so happy he and his family are safe. Wonderful news. Marion

saldegal ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2005 at 3:54 PM

What a relief to know Joey is safe and well! Thanks Jenny!

Stephi ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2005 at 4:46 PM

Wonderful news! Thank you for your update posting! Stephi

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 6:50 AM

Wonderful news!!!! And so much better than I'd feared, too - thank God!! My heart gave a jump when I got an IM yesterday saying "joeydude has received your message". What a relief! Rick

abmlober ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 10:25 AM

I hope "Rita" won't do any harm this week...

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 10:37 AM

I echo that..........

blacq_nyght_vampyre ( ) posted Fri, 30 September 2005 at 12:52 AM

Thank you for this news. Bless everyone who had to deal with this mess of storms.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.