Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Terai Yuki....Has anyone Gotten He Face To Work

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 7:49 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:42 PM
Online Now!

I got her today out of curiosity, and I ve been trying to get her facemorphs to work, but so far I can only get the eyes to move up and down and side to side, for some reason none of the others work. I'm using her in PoserPropack, could that be the reason?

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 10:27 PM

Sounds like the same problems I'm having witn Miki in the Pro Pack. It has something to do with how P6 works. I think Bushi was going to write a python program that will fix the figures like Miki and Terai so they work in P5 and P4. btw, Where did you get Terai Yuki? I had her in my cart, but now I can't find her at Content Paradise. :( bB

Starkdog ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 11:53 PM

OK, Yuki and Miki work in POSER6!!! If you look at the cr2, you will find a call for a pmd file. This contains most of the morph data for the character. To my knowledge, ProPack/P4 does not handle pmd's and I'm fairly certain that they don't work in Poser5 either. you can use them in other versions of Poser, but the morph data will not translate. -The Starkdog

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 12:24 AM

I think I read that you can set your options in P6 not to use pmd files. if you do that and then load the figure it'll have the morphs in it if you save it back to the library. Then I'd think it could be used in P4/5. Of course you'd needd to have P6 to do it, or work with someone who does, and also owns Miki. You'd need to be careful of that to avoid copyright issues.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 12:52 AM · edited Thu, 08 September 2005 at 12:57 AM

One Word: "MorphExchange"! I created this Java application for exactly this reason!!! ;)

It takes a Poser file that has PMD files and puts the morphs from the PMD file back into the Poser file as regular pre-PMD morphs. You donot need Poser 6 to use it, just Java 1.4.2 or later (this works on Windows 98+ and MacOS 10.3.4+). It's free, therefore, you'll find it in "Free Stuff".

So, you can purchase Terai Yuki or Miki without P6 and use this to get the morphs usable in P5 and earlier. - About the name: You'd think that I'd have called it something like PMDinator or similar. The problem is that during my search for anything to do with Poser PMD, I discovered an entire subculture in Java related to some other "PMD". The subculture is large enough, that I wanted to avoid causing confusion or calls of infringement. Also, I was considering making this work both ways (Regular<->PMD). The main thrust was to go from PMD->Regular, so the other direction is more likely an update for a later time.

Message edited on: 09/08/2005 00:57

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 7:54 AM

Yea! Thanks, kuroyume0161! :D bB

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 8:25 AM
Online Now!

Gee thanks for the great input guys and gals. I'll check out "MorphExchange" kuroyume.

sbertram ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 12:06 PM

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2005 at 3:42 PM
Online Now!

file_290061.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (evil fiendish laugh)

Thanks to kuroyume I got Yuki's morphs to work properly in PoserPropack.

Starkdog ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 12:24 AM

kuroyume0161, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but the pmd format is propriatery to e-Frontier. I don't think they would take kindly to a script that reverse-engineers their morph setup. You might want to check with e-Frontier about the legality of such a script. I don't want to see fellow community members served with C&D orders. -Starkdog

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 1:46 AM

Does this mean that DAZ must discontinue PMD support? Or that Greenbriar do the same? And I'm not making any profit from this.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Starkdog ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 1:56 AM

DAZ and Greenbriar might have a license to support pmd support. What I suggested, is that you check to see if it is ok to use the script. Who knows, e-Frontier might even like it? Like I said, I would hate to see anyone in the community raked over the coals, whether it be by DAZ, e-Frontier, or anyone else. I'm just trying to cover your butt- Starkdog

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 2:03 AM

ETA: Thanks for you concern! :) I think that the main idea of PMD was to reduce storage consumption - that is, 4-byte binary storage of floating point values takes far less space than ASCII text representation of the same - and was not to create an impediment to users (hopefully, anyway). A prime candidate for binary storage would obviously be morph deltas, barring a move to a completely proprietary format for all Poser files. I'm not sure how DAZ obtained PMD format information, but since others have tried to obtain it through eF and have failed, it is imagined that they might have followed the same 'procedure'.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 9:54 AM

With MorphExchange, can James and Jesse be useable in PP? I'm more comfortable in PP and it sounds like a bad idea to save any PZ3s in P6. I'm thinking about building scenes and working with figures in P4, then taking pz3s to P6 to rende, use new lights, and/or add dynamic hair or cloth. bB

galactron22 ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 9:59 AM
Online Now!

I don't think there should be any problems, kuroyume is not making any profit from his utility, and e-frontier still gets a cut of the profits since I purchased the product from them, and I 'm not using it for profit either, just for fun.

It's like using Morpheditor.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 11:48 AM

Sounds somewhat similar to the courts OK'ing AMD reverse-engineering Intel's processor.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 1:04 AM

BastBlack, sorry about the delayed response. That's a tough one. I think, yes, they should be usable in PP, but it is mostly possible that anything to do with the FaceRoom will be inoperable in PP, maybe not even in P5 depending upon how differently these are handled between P5 and P6.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:00 AM

One more thing to add about Jessi/James in Poser before 6 - all of the geometry is stored in zlib-compressed obj files (obz). You'll need to drop each one into WinZip and drag-n-drop the obj file to the new J/J locations in order for Poser to get at the obj files since Poser 5 and before cannot work with these compressed geometry files.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

stahlratte ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 2:34 AM

"I think that the main idea of PMD was to reduce storage consumption -" True, true. But making eFrontier characters unusable in anything but Poser 6 makes a great buying incentive for those who are still undecided, doesnt it ? And as Poser 6 goes for a lot more than a single character, Id guess they rather like to sell more from it than making Miki and Yuki and others PP/P5 compatible so that non-Poser 6 users could buy them too. Honi soit qui mal y pense, LOL ! stahlratte

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:02 AM

If (a very big word) eF ever decides to make P6 figures into PP/P5 compatible figures. So far this looks to be highly unlikely. If such a thing occurs, then my little application loses usefulness. No loss to me. :) The real issue is that these new figures are not tied directly to Poser 6 (unlike Jessi, James, Ben, and Kate), but non-P6 users are barred from using them. Now all new figures from eF are to be P6-only, which completely ignores all users not using P6. Yes, eF wants you to buy P6. That is their business.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 12:45 PM

Thanks for the scoop, kuroyume. I was wondering about the obzs. I went ahead and got p6 with Miki bundle, and then eF lowered the price of P6 for the current Amenesty sale, so if I had waited, I could have gotten P6 and Miki for $20 less. grumble grumbe bB

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 3:19 PM

BkMrq

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.