Sat, Sep 21, 12:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Commenting

mountmous ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 12:30 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:50 AM

Hardly know how to start this... I have been told before that I do some "original commenting". Which, of course, can be interpreted both positive and negative. I sometimes blurt out things I should have kept to myself. And on occasion I make such a blunt remark that I offend people. Which never is, or was, my intend. So I've decided to stop commenting for a while and see how that works. Will be looking and voting for your work as usual. Yvonne

FreedomOfExpression ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 1:30 AM

Personnally, I do not have any time to comment (wish I did). However, when I read my own comments, I always prefer to get comments which tell me about something I can improve on. I don't even mind a comment like 'that is a lousy image', becuase I'd rather know that something sucks and get rid of it (since I know what I don't like about each of my images, and on most there's quite a lot, I am not offended, it just means that someone saw all the things I did and thought them important).

ligt ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 4:12 PM

well, i never was offended by any comment you made. in the best way, it can help. in the worst case, we seem to have different taste.

Timbuk2 ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 5:14 PM

My philosophy is that if one is honestly trying to be helpful through his/her comment then good will come of it, even though someone may get offended initially. I don't think stopping commenting is the answer (and I hope I haven't offended you ;).

twiggypeasticks ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 6:12 PM

I have always enjoyed and valued your comments - if we post an image surely we are all grown up enough to be able to take some criticism. My goodness the most respected artists in the world knew how to accept the views of others. Please have the courage of your convictions, criticism given in the right way is surely respected Well -that's what i think ! Judi :O)

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 13 September 2005 at 10:06 PM

I prefer to send an im for suggestions instead of posting it in a comment. so if it is taken negative then no one knows except the artist and I can apolgize. no matter the quality of the image the creator seen something they liked. so I will comment on what I like about it. a simple way to improve an image should not be taken negative but the way some people make comments, it seems to be a personal attack. which has no place in the galleries

mountmous ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 6:57 AM

Thank you all for your remarks. Commenting takes up a lot of time and not commenting, therefore, saves time but I already miss letting people know I've seen their work. Isn't that why we post things? So I'll give it some thought. Thanks again for your support. Yvonne

Kathye ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2005 at 1:08 PM

Well if you come across one of mine and want to comment originally or not feel free, I've always enjoyed your images and your comments alike :) Kathy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.