Sat, Aug 3, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: W:I.P: Princess Leia Organa

stahlratte ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 7:33 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:16 PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Any help and suggestions are welcome.

stahlratte

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 7:45 PM

I am afraid I will not be of much help. She's pretty close, yet I wouldn't recognize her from the morph. Hard to tell what's missing. The facial proportions look very good to me. Maybe the nose is a tiny bit too long. As the eyes are usual most important, I would concentrate on them. In your morph, I see a slight upward curve of the brows toward the middle which doesn't show on the reference photo. Also, Carrie's lower lids are fuller and the inner edges of her upper lids are curved inward rather than outward. Your morph's missing the little extra corners in which the lacrimals sit. That's all I can see so far. Hope it helps.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 7:45 PM

I don't have the eye to give crits but she looks very impressive to me. Great Job! Is this Nea?

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

nomuse ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 8:01 PM

I feel like the head is a little long in proportion to the width. Esp in the first film, Carrie had a pronounced "baby face." Making good progress here, tho. Around the eyes already makes me think i'm looking at her.

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 8:03 PM

Very nice. Upper lip needs a tiny sharp dip beneath the "phitrum" the curve in between the nosd and mouth. Lower lip is fantastic. The nose is long. I think in Poser often the eye tin chin is too long relative the eye to top of head. I found this with drawing students, I toled them to asume that the top of the eye was at midpoint between top of head and bottom of chin unless observed otherwise. The nose tip needs to be rounder and come out further along the z-axis. For some reaso nose seem to get very flat in Poser. Nose tip up more like in top image with hair, that one is perfect I think. Dent between nose tip and nostral flesh deeper. Nostral flesh tipped back so we can see more into the nostral holes. Chiny a tiny bit shorter on y-axis. Eyes just a tiny bit bigger. Eybrowns just a tiny tiny amount lower. Eye sockets at bottom a bit deeper... maybe lower lid and lower eye socket would require soft displacement. Temples set in and flatter. Nit picking but I hope that is what you want. I love your face work. Thanks for showing.

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 10:05 PM

Momo said what I was going to say plus some. I'd also thicken the bottom line of eyeliner a bit.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 11:34 PM

Carrie's nose is wider and she has those lines beside her mouth. Dimples I guess.

stahlratte ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 11:36 PM

Many thanks for the feedback everybody.

Ok, I think this one is closer : (But of course far from finished.LOL)

As suggested, I rescaled the head and shortened the nose and chin.
"Baby Face" is a good description, nomuse.

I think it was mainly the missing eyeliner on the lower lid that let her eyes appear too small, so I added that and also shortened the eyebrows bit.

Im not yet completely happy with the area around the nose, but this will be done in Wings3D as well as smoothing the eyes a bit. Maybe I also have to rework the texture a bit more.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Not sure yet if I should try to model the thicker eyelids or add this to the texture.
Leia is based on NEA so I dont have too much vertices to play with.

stahlratte

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2005 at 11:58 PM

Yes, this is much closer. Actually, the first version reminded me more of Jewel Staite (Kaylee from the Firefly series and Serenity movie) than Carrie Fisher. I think the nose-cheeks transition is still more Jewel than Carrie. Maybe she just needs some more volume in that area. I think the nose could be a tiny bit bigger and the transition into the brow-forehead area smoother, almost straight. Anyway, you've got an awesome morph there and getting pretty damn close already. The one I'm currently trying to make isn't nearly as close. So you better not listen to my tips. :-)

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Thomaslazz ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 1:14 AM

That's pretty impressive. Have you done any other characters from tv or movies?

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 2:48 AM

Its curious... theres a great likeness with the photo reference, but... the first model dont remember me Carrie Fisher but Natalie Portman Family matters? (in SW, Leia is Princess Amidalas daughter)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 3:08 AM

Nice! =D One thing I spot that needs a tweak is around the mid-section of her nose. It looks like the polygons are "sharp" or sticking up instead of being smooth. Do you have a profile picture and render? That would help refine her look. A good 3/4 would also be helpful. bB

stahlratte ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 3:54 AM

"....the first model dont remember me Carrie Fisher but Natalie Portman"

Hmmm......

^-^

Nope, there are no polygons sticking out. Its just that the texture was made for Vicky 3 and not for NEA, so the painted on contours dont match.

stahlratte

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 7:01 AM

Stahlratte is that natalie portman character available anywhere?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 7:03 AM

The eyebrows on the carrie fisher character are not the same as the photo, getting the eyebrows right helps a lot with the likeness.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 7:11 AM

++ BookMark +++

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 8:33 AM

Wow. Looking good.

swfreeman ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 3:53 PM

file_294318.jpg

(<_<)

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2005 at 5:07 PM

Heh. Naughty wookie ^_^

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 7:13 AM

If your looking carfully in "Jedi" you can see a really naughty Han Solo ... you can see that when Leia get hurt by an Stormtrooper on Endor ;) greets Chris ;) PS: Your doing a great job there Stahlratte!

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.