Sun, Sep 22, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Importing P5 to Bryce 5- eye mats wrong.

artgum ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 10:46 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:33 AM

This question may have come up in the past- if so, I apologize. I'm trying to bring P5 characters into Bryce 5 (wavefront obj). The skin and face etc. is fine, but I get white eyes; I can see the eye mats in the materials editor, but can't seem to get them to appear correctly on the eyeballs. Thanks Paul

Mahray ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 11:16 PM

I know it is something to do with having to set on of the eye materials to 100% transparency, but I can't remember which one. Probably someeone else will have some useful information. Mahray

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 11:24 PM

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 11:31 PM

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 7:12 AM

short answer..Poser models usually come in with the outer eye layer as opaque..if you go to the glass mats, and select the upper left mat (dang near transparent..;), and apply that to the outermost layer (name changes with each model) using ctrl+mouse click to pick it..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ariannah ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 10:09 AM

Attached Link: Harrison2's Eye Reflections in Bryce Tips

If you are using the Millenium figures (M3, V3, etc), I've found that if I use the final layer of the figure's eye (left_eye4, right_eye4 I think), which I believe is the cornea, and change that texture to standard glass, you get lovely reflections. I learned this tip from Ron Pelley (Harrison2) at 3DC. If ever you've seen his remarkable portrait work in Bryce, you'll know what I mean.

I've read that some of the earlier generation figures (ie: V1, V2), have an extra eye layer that needs to be deleted. But since I rarely use the earlier figures I can't say for sure.

Regardless, you definitely need to tweek the Diffuse, Ambient and Specular settings for all the eye's layers. Otherwise their eyes appear a bit dead and lifeless.

If you're planning on doing Poser figure portrait work in Bryce, Harrison2 wrote a quick tutorial on how best to get eye reflections taking advantage of B5's Lighting Lab. I'll attach a link for anyone interested. Again, his gallery will show you how amazing these results can be.

Harrison2's gallery can be seen here:
http://www.3dcommune.com/3d/gallery.mv?Bryce+only+6+ufjWpskn2

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 1:26 PM

file_294755.jpg

If you look at the 3 images i have posted you will find where you can go to select each seperate object on the model. You can select each part of the eye and texture it from there, pakled gave you a good glass mat for the outer eye its the one i use all the time.. Sorry for my laziness with the screen shots..

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 1:27 PM

file_294756.jpg

step 2

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 1:29 PM

file_294757.jpg

step 3, select each section of the eye..

la_morocha ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 5:44 PM

If you export your P5 scene from Daz Studio, it writes a proper .MTL that takes care of all the material transparencies and such. A little tweaking afterwards can help the quality (depends on your demands)

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2005 at 1:53 AM

Eye_4 and Eye_5 need to have a glass texture. Moderate Glass is quite okay.

-- erlik

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.