Mon, Oct 7, 9:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: May I ask a couple of questions please........I am totally confused??

Silly_Sue_1 ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 2:54 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 4:47 PM

I am transferring all of my Poser files to a new computer. The problem I am having is that I have had to save all of the files on 8 cds. On the cds the files are all in seperate file folders. One character in a folder made by so and so and a prop in another folder made by so and so. What I would like to know is......do I have to open each folder and seperate the files? Pute cr2 files in one folder and head files in the head folder and prop files in the prop folder, etc. Or can I just take the prop folder and plop it into the props folder without seperating the files. I think that reading the manual did not help at all. I think that it confused the heck out of me as I am not sure exactly what I am trying to find out. I have moved several of the folders into the other folders without seperating the individual files within a folder and they do not show up when I restart the computer and then restart Poser 5. Any help will be appreciated. Another question I have is that I have bought several new characters for V3 and M3 and have no clue as to how to use them. Can someone help me out in this area? Please! I appreciate all of the help and I am not sure if this manual will even help me out with this question. I did check it, but could not find or figure any thing out. Thank you so much in advance. Sorry to be a pain. ;o(

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 3:26 AM

Your first question: Yes if your folder for one character(prop,etc...)has the geomitry,cr2,pz2,fc2 and texture all together. They need to be seperated into their appropriate Poser 5 runtime folders. This way when you start Poser 5 it will be able to locate them. Your second question: Most items other than textures require V3s or M3s head and body morphs. If you have purchased them then you should be able to either unzip them into a temp folder then manually move them into their appropriate folders or unzip them directly into Poser 5. Once you have them placed then you can depending on what they are (morphs, props, hair or face files), you can open the appropriate libraries folder click on the image and then apply them. I hope that this will help you out at least a little bit. :)

Silly_Sue_1 ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:00 AM

Yes, thank you so much! I totally appreciate your help. Whew, alot of work ahead of me. But I think they will be worth it. I do have the head and body morphs for both V3 and M3 so I will work on that. I am sure that I unzipped them on the old computer, and played with it one day, but not sure if it worked. Hmmmm.....will have to check it out again. Maybe I did something wrong. LOL Just wasn't sure if I had to fiddle with something else to make them work. Again thanks for your help. (inserting huge smile).

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:17 AM · edited Sun, 16 October 2005 at 4:20 AM

Glad I could help out. I always like to save all of my purchases or freestuff onto cds and since they are downloaded as zip files it makes it easier to unzip them back into the Poser runtime folders if I run into trouble with them. Also like to do the same with any new characters I make(just create new zip and place all needed files into it)just in case.

Message edited on: 10/16/2005 04:20

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 11:32 AM

yup..I keep them all as zips or exes (thanks, Daz..;) on CD's, and put them in when necessary..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bnetta ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2005 at 12:14 PM

since poser5 will do mulitple runtimes i would suggest this file structure...don't put all those items in to the poser5 runtime...instead.. make a folder on your desktop called poserstuff. then inside of it make a folder for each character(vicki,akio,ect..) one for general props,buildings,fairystuff, ect... then as you open and copy each zip off of disk drop into the appropriate folder. that way everything will be quickly assessable for each character,theme, ect... the folder tree would look something like this: desktop/poserstuff/character name/runtime/libraries/ect.... then do a search here on the board for how to add in multi runtime folders to poser5. goodluck and lot of fun to ya. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Silly_Sue_1 ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 12:58 AM

Thanks. I kept the zips for a while and then deleted them as I had so many of them between OLBD and Poser it was becoming overwhelming. I probably should have thrown them onto a cd and kept those but I didn't. I do have some on cd though so I didn't totally delete all of the zips. I did delete some of them though. I do have the exe files saved that I have bought as various places. Those I haven't deleted. I think that it will take some time, but I will get it sorted out. Thanks for all of the ideas. ;o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.