Mon, Sep 9, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Scarietta Soon - and Contest

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:07 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

file_299477.jpg

Something wickedly cute is coming your way and she's dressed to kill :evil: - For cross-compatibility, she's based off of the ScareBear mesh and can take ScareBear textures, head morphs, poses and expressions. There are a couple of new materials areas that will need manual adjustment if you use ScareBear textures - It's possible that I can script a Python solution. - She has a newly built upper torso (chest) and lashes for that feminine touch. - She has new skin textures, makeup options and tweaked head UVs. - Will include features similar to a combination of the ScareBear BASE and PLUS packages with new eye textures, lash morphs, head and body morphs, poses and more! - She also has tweaking Scaling adjustments throughout the body with Scale Dials that allow you to uniformly scale the hands, feet, head and limb lengths. These adjustments will also come to ScareBear via a free update. - Oh, and new clothes, of course, with spooky bows :) The dress has four pose pointers for easy movement, compared to ScareBear's smock with two. And the knife morphs - turn it into a sword, pocketknife or machete ;) --- Anyways, 10 of these figures are going to be given away. Five of them are going randomly to subscribers of our newsletter and will be announced in Sunday's issue. The other 10, I'd like to give to the first ten folks who can answer this: Can You Guess What My Favorite Scary Movie Is? Yes, it is an actual horror movie, so the answer is not Showgirls. It does have a "monster" in it. It is cross-genre. This contest will span multiple site forums but please only enter once at whichever site you wish to. You have three guesses - use them now before someone else gets it. --- Winners will recieve their prize when the figure goes live in the next day or two. Regardless, those who don't win and have ScareBear are entitled to sidegrade pricing. --- Good Luck!

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:08 PM

file_299478.jpg

Comparison

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:11 PM

Shes really cute :-)

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:15 PM

Hey - take a guess and you might win her for free ;)

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:18 PM

Your scary bears are great. My guess on the movie is Child's Play.

Silly_Sue_1 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:21 PM

Cute!! LOL

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:24 PM

Alien v Predator (or seperately too LOL)

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

NightFlyer ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:25 PM

my guess would be Psycho

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:27 PM

you can take three guesses but I'm not saying if any of them are right or wrong yet :D

Silly_Sue_1 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:28 PM

chucky...is my guess.

CauriBlackthorne ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:34 PM

My guess: Bride of Chucky :-)

Fredy ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:42 PM

The Ring The Grudge

NightFlyer ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:47 PM

ok my other 2 guesses...The Shining and the Care Bears movie (it horrified me LOL)

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:49 PM

Guess #1: Scream Guess #2: Alien Guess #3: Vampire Hunter D. (Hey, seemed like a good idea at the time.)

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 2:53 PM

Just to help you a little bit more... And this does not mean that anyone has guessed right or wrong yet... Remember, it's cross-genre. Like an action-comedy is cross-genre. This movie was boo scary, believe it or not. I've already told you too much.

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:08 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:19 PM

Boo?

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 15:19

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:16 PM

The Evil Dead?

amberlover13 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:19 PM

Club Dread?

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:22 PM

freddy kruger?

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:27 PM

Ghostbusters?

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:28 PM

Jeepers Creepers..?

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:30 PM

and my final guess..... Buffy

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 3:36 PM

Beteljuice? Nightmare Before Christmas? Corpse Bride? (OK so I like Tim Burton...)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

seattletim ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 4:15 PM

The Shinning http://www.angryalien.com/0504/shiningbunnies.html See a version above in 30 seconds with bunnies. (Coming soon with little bears.)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 4:17 PM

Edward Scissorhands The Silence of the Lambs Texas Chainsaw Massacre

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 4:19 PM

Scary Movie ?

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

seattletim ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 4:24 PM

OH! That hint gave it away . . . Must be The Ghost and Mister Chicken! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059221/

Robo2010 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 5:02 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 5:03 PM

Buffy The Vampire. :-) I hope that is it (Cross fingers)

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 17:03

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 5:35 PM

Another couple of hints - this movie launched someone's career. A key scene was spoofed in another movie.

seattletim ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 5:47 PM

Planet of the Apes? "Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape."

winter200 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 5:57 PM

Halloween Scary Movie

winter200 ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 6:00 PM

Last guess Alien

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 6:36 PM

"I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "Scream"

NightFlyer ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 7:05 PM

LOL now I'm pretty certain I know the answer and I had my 3 guesses...dont that figure

The3dZone ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 7:52 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 7:57 PM

well damn...lol
I just built the scare bear boy a ballerina outfit :0(
aw well she is a cutie!
great to see he got a female counterpart =^_^=

-3dz oh and my first guess would be "the exorcist"

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 19:57

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:02 PM

3dz, The jps are different but I do plan on the same sort of developers kit. No reason they couldn't both wear the tu-tu, I suppose. From ballerinas to Care Bears - you guys are freakier than I am :D

deathtounge ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:03 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:05 PM

1.Night of the Living Dead
2.Mars Attacks!
3.Nigthmare on Elm St.

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 20:05

The3dZone ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:34 PM

second guess...Halloween

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:35 PM

!!!!! Contest Over! !!!!!

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:39 PM

what ws the answer? lol

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:57 PM

It was Alien :D It's cross-genre as it's considered sci-fi by many. It was parodied in Spaceballs and helped launch Sigourney Weaver's career. In fact when I said "believe it or not", I was trying to make you think of Ripley's as Ripley was the lead character (or survivor) of the movie. I posted this at 5 sites and I have 10 winners. Now, what I've decided to do is since everyone was a good sport about it I've picked one additional winner from each site I posted at. The remaining 5 bears will be given out randomly to my Newsletter subscribers. And yes, you can subscribe now to try your hand there (http://www.netherworks-studios.com/nws-newsletter.php) There are no losers though! Everyone who entered gets something. Everyone who posted in this thread gets their choice of one $2 Dealy Thingy from my site store. This Dealy Thingies are on this page: http://www.netherforums.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22 Simply Message me or Email me with the One that you would like. I respond faster to email (joseph@thenetherworks.com). Please include whether you can receive email attachments - none of the files are uber-mega-insane huge. ;) --- The Winners ARE: Renderosity - aprilrosanina and winter200. Random winner is ernyoka1 RuntimeDNA - shadow_dancer. Random winner is tialise DAZ - wsterdan, posfan, AlmightyQUEST, Bob Coleman, Alisa Uh-Lisa and kinseya. Random winner is Cliff Bowman FaerieWyld - Random winner is Vil PoserPros - Rubbermatt. Random winner is Lilliana Again, if you guys could drop me an email, I will send you the total Scarietta package as soon as she's ready for prime-time. I estimate Monday. ---- Thank you all for playing along!

originalkitten ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 9:00 PM

i said alien first :( Re: Scarietta Soon - and Contest by originalkitten on 10/22/05 14:24 [Delete] Alien v Predator (or seperately too LOL) i guess it doesnt count coz i didnt put it seperately.....oh well congrats to everyone and thanks for the fun :)

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 9:08 PM

Well, no because that would include 6 other movies - Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Predator, Predator 2. That wasn't a fair answer ;) I'm trying to not say anything ugly about Paul W.S. Anderson but I cried when I found at that he was at the helm of AvP. :( It it odd that Event Horizon was so good as he was also involved in that one. Resident Evil wasn't too horrible, I guess. Milla kicked ass there but she already proved that in 5th Element :)

NightFlyer ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 9:34 PM

well even the one's I thought it was weren't right LOL, I didn't even think of Alien since I remember Sigourney Weaver in Annie Hall so always thought of that as her breakout movie.

NightFlyer ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 9:37 PM

oh for the Record ...the others I thought it might be were The Blob (Steve McQueen) or The Little Shop Of Horrors (the original version with Jack Nicholson in a very early role)

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 9:52 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 9:52 PM

True - but she was barely credited in Annie Hall. I was thinking breakout in the sense that she brought a strong lead woman role in a genres (both sci-fi and horror) that usually had women as space bimbos or victims. ;) I don't disagree with you but I was tying to come up with hints that weren't for buffs - which wouldn't have been fair.

... And not that there haven't been strong women in classic hollywood - as there were many, many. I'm a big fan of classic cinema. In fact I usually have TCM on and I'm watching "The Court Jester" out of the corner of my eye at this moment. ;)

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 21:52

NightFlyer ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:01 PM

oh no I wasn't disagreeing that it was her breakout role...I just mean't as I remembered her in Annie Hall I personally never thought of Alien as her breakout role.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:03 PM

Woo woo! I won something! That's my first, I think. Thanks, Netherworks! :) Email shall commence. :) I adore The Court Jester. I have it on DVD and watch it so often that I can repeat, "The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle..." and sing "They'll never outfox the Fox..." OK, I'm an uber-geek.

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:12 PM

Get it? Got it? Good :)

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:16 PM

I hear that Basil Rathbone got very nervous when swordfighting with Danny Kaye in "frantic" mode. :) Nothing like mad flailing with a foil... So, back to the on-topic... I love these "Scare Bears". And if you ever do a twisted version of My Little Pony, I'm so there. :)

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:51 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:52 PM
Online Now!

Uhm, question... just out of curiosity, what does alien have to do with an evil sister with a steak knife?

I was trying to figure out what movie i'd seen that dealt with an evil sister/female relative, and the only thing I could come up with was Poison Ivy, and obviously that's way off. Heh. Oh well. ~E.D.

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 22:52

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.