Sun, Sep 22, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Understanding the lingo

muller252 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 9:15 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:21 PM

Hi, I'm new to daz and poser. I need to find out what the different terms mean like; 'inj' 'rem' 'Victoria sae' 'Victoria blank' etc. Also How can I tidy up my poser and daz files and also stop the applications from crashing? I know its a lot to ask, but even if I got an answer to one part, I'd be happy.

Thanks in advance,
Muller252

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2005 at 10:00 AM

Inj/Rem poses are used to add morphs to a figure that is set up to take them - it's a way, for Poser, of reducing the load on the system by not loading the unused data. DAZ|Studio can use the system, but when you save a file natively (to a .daz file) and reload it the unused morphs aren't read in anyway. "SAE" is the current version of Victoria 3 - it is the same basic figure, but has a couple of tweaks. V3 BLANK is a version for developers - it can't inject morphs, and shouldn't normally be used (and Vicky 3 to Vicky 2 is a version of the figure that is jointed like Victoria 1/2 and can use clothing for those). As long as you keep the thumbanil (.png or .rsr) with the library (.??2) and keep the files in a subfolder of the library folders (Camera, Character, Face etc.) you can shuffle Poser files around as you like. DAZ|Studio files (.daz, .dsb and .ds) can be moved around pretty much at will, again keeping the .png thumbnail with tis file. The Data folder in your DAZ|Studio content directories and the Geometries and Textures folders in the Runtime folder in your Poser content directories should be left as they are unless there is definitely an error. Crashing probably indicates you have an unsuitable graphics card or need to update the driver (the chipset maker's driver, don't use Microsoft drivers). If you go to Help>About your video card the top few lines will tell you what you need to know about maker and driver ("OpenGL Provider").

muller252 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 2:00 AM

Wow! I didn't expect such an informative reply. Thank you very much RHaseltine.

muller252 ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 2:01 AM

Actually, can I ask how I make something conform in DAZ? I can't find the option like in Poser.

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 3:44 AM

You can find it in the parameter window under "fit to". The default is set to "none" but by selecting the "none" you will have a menu where you can choose the figure to conform to.

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2005 at 7:56 PM

When you do that, quickly check that you aren't accidentally fitting the figure to the clothes. Surprisingly easy to do (as I found out once...) and you probably won't notice until you try to apply a pose and severely weird things happen.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.