Tue, Oct 22, 4:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:57 pm)

Subject: Loading textures to objects: Help please!

jhustead ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 2:47 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:37 AM

I downloaded some textures off the net to use in Poser. I loaded a flat primitive object in the pose room then I went into the material room to apply the texture but I dont know how. I know how to apply textures that shipped with Poser. But I dont know how to apply textures that arent in the poser directory. Do I have to move that texture (which is a jpeg) I downloaded to the Poser directory? I'm using Poser 6 in case that makes a difference. Thanks for your help, James

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:29 PM

file_301342.jpg

The texture doesn't need to be in the Poser directory, though it will be faster to find if you put it somewhere inside runtime/textures. The simplest way is like this: First hit Ctrl-U, or select the Material Room tab. Then use the selection pulldowns at the top of the Material room to find the object and material you want to 'paint'. In this case I've chosen the MainRoof material of the Cottage. Click in the Diffuse box, where I've written 'click here'. This will give you the file-open dialog you see off to the right. Browse until you find your JPG file, and hit OK. In most cases you'll also want to hit the 'apply to highlight' button.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 4:32 PM

One shortcut that helps: Instead of using the selections at the top, you can usually just hover the cursor over the desired part of the scene itself; you'll see a 'medicine dropper' cursor. Click on the desired area, and the object and material will automatically appear in the selection areas. This will work if the desired material is large or nicely visible; for small or less-visible parts you'll generally need the selector pulldowns.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

jhustead ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2005 at 6:25 PM

Thanks alot for the info. It's greatly appreciated. Your preview render looks nice, when I get some more time I'm gonna check out your gallery. Have a good evening, James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.