Sat, Sep 21, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Important Question Please Answer...

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 3:37 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:03 AM

I am considering buying Daz/Zygote's Michael and Victoria and I figured that now with the 35% off sale it's a perfect time to buy it... My question is - Are they really worth the money? (I'm talking about Figure+Tex Map(at least one)+Hair (at least one)+Clothes Pack) Thanx

Scharmers ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 3:44 PM

I rarely use either. I prefer Eve over all of the other female meshes. This is personal preference, there's good and bad to everything. I especially wouldn't buy Vickie now since Millie (a tweaked and remapped Vickie) is no longer available free. (You can get a new Millie with Saluda, a fine model, but you have to pay for it). Mike has all sorts of issues. I just use the Poser dork and morph the hell out of his face. !!!!YMMV!!!! --scharmers

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 4:49 PM

Go see the Thread on the Great Joint Shootout here, and see what you think. With respect, Scharmers, i prefer Victoria, though i'm thinking i might like Natalia, too, with her better joints. Vicki is more flexible as a figure, for my money, and can be made to look less like a doll and more like a person. Mike may have issues, but again, he's flexible in terms of usage. What you choose may have more to do with where you want to end up in your finished work. If you're doing closeups, Vicki, Mike, and their kin are great. If the deal is medium to long shots & lots of costume, then the Poser dork & posette may be the thing (and you've already got them). But costume for M & V are catching up. Personally, i never use anything but Vicki and Vicki morphs. She's a very good investment. You won't be sorry because you've just given yourself a lot more lattitude for creation. And THAT'S the important thing. --Nan

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 5:33 PM

yes, yes, and YES

Quikp51 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 7:38 PM

Where is this Eve character? Is she in the store or on Daz somewhere? I wouldn't mind taking a look at her.

Scharmers ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 7:42 PM

www.bbay.com - check the morphworld 2.0 link there, then downloads, then EVE --scharmers

Silvermermaid ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 7:46 PM

I think you should get Victoria and Michael, and with the 35% off that is almost half off of each model. That's what I did, I really got Michael free sorta of. I had a $30 gift certificate from the Calender Contest plus at that time they were having a sell with 40% off. But anyway, I agree they are a good investment in more higher scale models. Once you morph out Victoria and Michael, they look so realistic. So many artist here has done miracles with these models, its astonishing. In the right hands they can look almost photorealistic. I would not get the texture maps from Daz. Save yourself some money and join Catherine Przezak club for $5.95 or $10.95 and get some great textures for Mike and Victoria, eye maps etc. So go for it! :)

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 8:10 PM

Victoria and Michael and almost the only figures I ever use anymore. They're the best (well, that's my opinion, anyway). They're well worth the money. You can do so much more with them. Especially with the 35% sale, you'd do yourself a favor getting them. Melanie

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2001 at 9:58 PM

I use the P4 figures for light stuff, but Vickie and Mike are my main characters for work. You won't go wrong if you get them while they are on sale. I also have the Natalia figure and she has a ton of potential, but the Mike and Vickie figures already have a lot of textures you can use. You can also get the Natalia model on sale at the Daz site. Marque

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 3:34 AM

Thanx to all of you I will take all this into heavy consideration

wal ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2001 at 4:18 AM

::Yawn:: This might be an important question to you, Chcicken_Soup, but has been discussed over and over again in the past. Just browse this forum! Just go to the gallery and see what images can be done with Mike and Vicky. Then flip over to the Free Stuff section and see how much stuff is available for them for free. Finally, get your pocket calculator, type in "59.95 - 35 % =" and compare the result with what is in your wallet. - wal (not really amused about reading another "very important" question)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.