Fri, Sep 20, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: !!--Last Week in the Galleries--!!

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 12:57 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:16 PM

Last Week in the Gallery is a feature which
allows us to let others view images we believe deserve a look or second look.
There is no particular order in ranking as they are picked from beginning to end of week.
There is now a banner in the Photo Gallery for easier finding.
This also gives us a chance to showcase some of those who have not got the views they deserve.
Selections for Oct07th-Nov 13th 2005
**by dBgrafix & cynlee
Enjoy

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 1:16 AM

WOW!So many beautiful shots in there.I love LWitG!I always miss so many great ones and this really makes me feel a bit more caught up. And my baby is in there,too!YAY! Thanks guys.You always do such a wonderful job with this.Love the 'marquee' font on the top btw. Hugs!

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

soulofharmony ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 1:42 AM

beautiful display of work, just a selection of the vast talent thats being displayed within the gallery, those hidden little gems and treasures..there are up and coming artists within the gallery and this proves, just a small selection of the quality .. each week!!!!!! Thanks cindy for including my composition.. really worked hard on that..took me 30 minutes to work out the symetrics alone before the actually shot, ((and with all the reflections going on))....let alone the work once home Again excellent work cindy and doug...

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 1:57 AM

WOW - so many I've been missing!!! And there I thought I was gettin gmost of them! Tx for choosing one of my images, means so much. NAd the one chosen is close to my heart hugs for both of you!

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

greybeard101 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 2:42 AM

I look at the images here.....and throughout R'osity and I am reminded of just how fortunate I am to be included in your choices. Thankyou very much indeed.

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 3:46 AM

Another fabulous selection from the wonderful images posted this week.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 4:26 AM

Beautiful selection once again. Gotta be a nightmare chosing from all those incredible photos being uploaded every day. You do such a great job! CLAPCLAPCLAP #:o)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

coolj001 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 4:54 AM

Very nice photos. I like the layout. :-)

ana-maria ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 5:06 AM

You did again a fantastic job here. Really an outstanding selection of photographs. I like very much the way you presented them. Thanks for this. And I thank you too for choosing one of my pics. I'm very honoured.

Radolf ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 6:08 AM · edited Mon, 14 November 2005 at 6:09 AM

Great selection guys! Thanks for being among them! Cheers, Ralf.

Message edited on: 11/14/2005 06:09

Valentin ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:02 AM

To have one of my images amongst all these great works means so much! Many thanks to the team !

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:47 AM

Another brilliant selection of photos, so well presented.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

bentchick ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 8:02 AM

Oh! I have to say.....I really like the notification letter! Thanks! I sometimes get caught up with daily life and don't get a chance to check the forum until the weekend and by then I've missed so very much. Your hard dedicated work on this gallery means so very much to all of us! It's a pleasure and an honor to be included! Thanks! Kim

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

PhrankPower ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 8:25 AM

This is a cool feature. It's an honor for anybody to be included in this fine selection, and it's only from one week's worth of postings!

Damia ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 8:30 AM

Wonderful presentation of some really great photos. Very impressive. Thank you for including me....now to go get caught up. :) Excellent job to all. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 8:48 AM

I want to thank you very much for choosing one of my images to be in LWITG.. I never thought I would make it in here with so many amazing artist on renderosity.. I am still blown away to see one of my images mixed in with all the greats!! all the people someone like me looks at with amazement asking myself. How many years does it take to get that good? Thank you so much for putting me in here.. this will be my first image that i frame and hang in my house :-) Miranda

Hedepo ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 12:23 PM

You made my day by selecting one of my postings in the selection of last week in the Galleries. It is for me a honor to be selected!! Many, Many thanks Henk

Corwin13 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 12:25 PM

Thanks a lot for including one of my images in your selection. It's a real pleasure for me! Thanks again!

ScourgeofShadows ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 12:27 PM

Oh...caught me right off guard with no acceptance speech prepared....Errm.... Overwhelmed, this award is not just for me its for my team. Thanks go to: my Big Pal Darkest Angel and his influence, the model, Lady Eustacia, and her lovely looks, and my wife for creating the Rendo account whilst I was on holiday and uploading the first two images to get me started. There are some epic class photographers here, and I'm sure I'm not in their league...am I?

miladyblu ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 1:09 PM

Hello!Also this week the section Last Week in the Galleries is really top of large masterpieces of dear friends big artists! For is a large honor and a large delight that a photo of mine is been chosen!! Thanks with all my heart to thedear friend big artists Cyndi and Doug (cynlee and dBgrafix) to have organizing this wonderful Gallery!Thank you again!!! Best wishes!Friendly regards and a big hug!Kate

iaacf ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 2:38 PM · edited Mon, 14 November 2005 at 2:39 PM

I am very honoured and proud to find out that one of my photos (Typical Dutch) has been choosen for the top 40 gallery. Considering the fact that there are so many photographer and many ones I consider better than I, this sure means a lot to me. Thank you very much !
Congratulations for everyone who has the honour to have a photo been added to the gallery too.

Message edited on: 11/14/2005 14:39

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 2:42 PM · edited Mon, 14 November 2005 at 2:47 PM

would it be possible to explain to the creator, in a few words, why you choose a certain picture? Of course I've read your statement above this selection ('Last Week in the Gallery is a feature which allows us to let others view images we believe deserve a look or second look'). But I'm interested in why a picture deserves a look or second look in your opinion, because you are experienced photographers and look at pictures in another way than most people do. In this way I hope to learn what makes a picture a better picture than others...

I am posting this here because it is a fair question to ask & one many would like to know... I can only answer for myself so here goes..

For the record, I do not consider myself a professional anything, by any means, although I did major in Fine Arts at the University of Texas, taking the basics.. photography being one of them, also took some courses in graphic design which includes composition.. as well as being on my HS Yearbook staff & exposed to the Arts for as long as I can remember. I do have a passion for it but realize even though I try to be fair I am not always the best judge.

First off the LWitG was started by one of our past moderators, Misha & was intended as just an overview with no real conditions applied. It has since grown in popularity & recognition.. & still only a small sampling of the excellence that is posted weekly in the gallery (approx 800 images/wk).

But there are qualities I do look for & it is obviously not totally random.. those being.. quality/technical appearance, composition, concept/uniqueness, appeal/attraction & mood.. & certainly not insistent on having those attributes all in one image.

Also I try not repeat too readily the same members over & over but give as many as I can a shot at being in the LWitG... it does happen that a lot of the same images that consistently standout just happen to be by the same artists.. so I am always looking for new or improved work too.

Since some do not have time to cruise the gallery & depend on their ebots this is also a quick & easy way to see what's new for them.

And lastly it is also an acceptable alternative/compliment to the Hot 20 which will be dealt with in the coming new year in making it satisfactory to everyone who's ever had their concerns about it (& don't really want this to become another one of "those" discussions as we are well aware of it's faults).

So I hope this helps some in answering the question (not so shortly, lol, & a bit longwinded) & a most sincere thank you to each & every one of our photography members who make our little corner of Renderosity a productive & creative one.

cynlee Message edited on: 11/14/2005 14:47

firestorm ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 2:51 PM

thanks for the inclusion into this list :)

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

wastl001 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 3:47 PM

Thanks for being in this gallery, and thanks cynlee for your explanation (in more than a few words...lol). I understand that it's almost impossible to give every creator of a choosen picture a few words on the 'why', although it would be of great value in 'the learning proces'. I will use this fantastic idea of 'LWitG' in future as I did before: check which remarkable and outstanding pics I missed over the last week. And that's not too bad either! Paul

kimariehere ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 5:04 PM

beautiful work as always Doug and Cynlee!! AWESOME shots choosen!!.. the funny thinkg about my battle scene .. after i took those shots at the reenactment on the battle field i walked away thinking i had failed.. i am suprised in a very big unexpected way!! thank you !!!

kimmers ♥ :O)

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 6:47 PM

I think what dBgrafix & cynlee do here is great... this is my first time ever being listed anywhere with my photos. even if i never made it in this list. I would still think this is great.. its a real list not picked by the amount of friends you have.. but by what they really think is great quality. renderosity is full of amazing talent and dBgrafix & cynlee help expose that talent as much as they can. Thank you dBgrafix & cynlee Miranda

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:03 PM · edited Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2398732

@miranda.. if my memory serves me correctly i don't think this was the 1st time (hence the letters we're sending out now) ..i believe it was one of the guitar.. ck the date of the wk it was in your gallery & you can find it ^up there^ in the banner header among the blue buttons, the Last Week Archives

edit: yep.. found it! here's the link

Message edited on: 11/14/2005 19:08

gradient ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:07 PM

Awesome weekly selections again...and first class job by dBgrafix and cynlee! Thanks!

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2005 at 7:26 PM

Oh wow I had no idea!!!! thank you Cynlee wow I been in here twice this has been a great day thank you thank you!!! Miranda

MaydaMason ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 12:54 AM

ohooo... what a cool selection! unfortunatley i was very busy... and this may help me...and... i'm very honoured to appear there once again!

Mayda

MaydaPhoto

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:21 AM

Great selection as always guys! :) Thx for ur hard work! :)

cbender ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:59 AM

again a wonderful selection...! thanks for preparing...!

ModestyB ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 4:59 AM

THNK UUUUUUUUUUUUU MODS :) Now I just waiting for an occation to backtrack ;) xoxoxoxoxo

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 7:45 AM

The ONE message I look forward to the most. Thanks for assembling them for easy viewing, guys!

cajolargo ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 11:33 AM

manymanymany thanks again to all the Staff! (hope few people try that fruitcake recipe =) and a big thank to Cynlee: your explanation is so clear, very useful words! ciao! claudio

sharky_ ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 4:40 PM

This gallery is making me more aware of great artist that I probably would have missed. Thank you for showing us their talents. Aloha

wolfomatisch ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 8:20 PM

ty for choosing one of my pics.....a lot of great pictures in the last weeks 40.... have fun out there

jorgeluso ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 5:52 AM

I never saw this corner of Rosity. Great colection !!!!! Congrats to all.

jorgeluso

marybelgium ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 2:28 PM

Also I never saw this corner of Rosity until a few days ago ! I was very honored to see some of my photos in previous galleries ! Wonderful selection here congrats to all, thank you Cynlee and dbgrafix for this great job! Mary

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.