Fri, Oct 4, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hair in Photoshop cs 2

george_rtaylor ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 8:17 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 11:23 PM

When trying to paint a picture of hair in photoshop from poser, do you need other plugins like eye candy to make the hair or can you just use photoshop?

aprilgem ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 10:55 PM

You can use just Photoshop, but I guess it really depends on how well you can paint.

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 3:50 AM

I paint hair in Photoshop all the time. If you're going to do it by hand, I recommend getting a pen tablet. It's very difficult to do it with a mouse. Otherwise, Ravnheart has some hair brushes in the Marketplace here, uhm... Heavenly Hair. They're pre-drawn "pieces" of hair that you can use to create some interesting end results. I've got all of them. The Eyecandy option isn't a bad one, but generally speaking, hair made with Eyecandy is immediately recognizable as being generated with Eyecandy. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

TrulyMadly ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 2:51 PM

By the way, there are many many tutorials out there in the Photoshop tutorial in Renderosity site alone, as a matter of fact probably one of the more popular subject to write a tutorial. Yes, if you decide to take the route of just using photoshop, can be quite challenging but the result and the painting skills you aquired after doing it is worth the hard work. Think of it as an exercise and give it a go :)) Enjoy.

aprilgem ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 12:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.furiae.com/popup.php?text=hairtutorial

I'm attaching a link to the best hair tutorial I've seen for Photoshop. Hope it helps.

tantarus ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 1:50 AM

Its really fantastic tut aprilgem, thanks for the link :) Tihomir

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

TrulyMadly ( ) posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 6:23 AM

Total agree to Tihomir :))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.