Thu, Sep 19, 7:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Does Unimesh Realism Kit by Face_off Translate to Vue5 Esprit?

dvitola ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 10:18 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 8:44 PM

I'm thinking of buying this product. I set up my character in Poser 6 but I render in Vue5. Does anyone know if Vue5 produces the subscattering, etc.? Or will this only show up in Poser 6? Thanks in advance, Denny

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 10:36 AM · edited Fri, 25 November 2005 at 10:39 AM

I must preface with the fact that I am no expert - barely understand the software I use - but... In a syllable – nope -. However experiment because when you export from Poser after applying the faceoff scripts there is a change made to the texture when it comes in to vue. I think I remember that it adds a specularity or a highlighting to the skin. This highlight can really blow out if you are using standard lights in Vue, looks pretty good in Global Lighting. For me the key to controlling this specularity (which can really add realism to a skin texture) is the make all lights doubles in the same spot and set one to Diffuse only and the other to specular only. This way you can control the exact amount of specularity on your skin texture. To me the ultimate is to use Dburdick’s skinvue shader which handles specular and fake sub surface scattering right in Vue. You might have to get Vue Infinite for it to work but he says so on his site if you do. It blends with any texture you wish to import and gives lots of control. Look at dburdick’s gallery to see the effects and good luck.

Message edited on: 11/25/2005 10:39

dvitola ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 11:03 AM

Thanks so much for the comeback. Dburdick's stuff is beautiful. Now I'll have to get Vue5i.

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 2:27 PM

yeah kind of the drawback of asking questions - hey how did you do that - then 500 dollars and 10 hours of tutorials later you can do it too. Eon has, what i consider, a very good upgrade path at least for me I got the download version on vue esprit 4 then got esprit 5 for very little more the next day for a net savings had I just bought vue 5 esprit, then the upgrade to infinite was not too bad. Good luck and have fun

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 8:23 PM

FaceOff's Unimesh Realism Kit ony works in Poser - it will not work in Vue. I created a similar program called "SkinVue" which is a custom skin realism system for Poser characters rendered in Vue. You must have Vue5 Infinite for it to work because it uses advanced shader nodes that are not available in other versions of Vue.

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 10:54 PM

there you have it right from the creator's keyboard - and I might add I am just posting an image that would not have been possible witouth Dburdick's outstanding product. I think of it not so much as a run-the-python-script-and-render but it is more of like a book you get all about how to do something that includes a CD rom in the back giving you all the tools to do it. Since using sinvue I have learned more about nodes and texture maps and bumps than I ever would have learned without it.

dvitola ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 5:38 PM

I checked out SkinVue and I think it is probably just what I'm looking for. Just wish it would work in Vue 5 Esprit. I have an older computer that doesn't have the power to push 5i, so I'm going to have to wait for awhile. Rats!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.