Mon, Sep 23, 12:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Light Cones

EliteGoliath ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2001 at 11:34 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Does anyone know how i can make a light cone fade as it gets further from the source? I have tried lowering range with the light, but the light cone looks the same and appears to go on forever.

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 9:32 AM

Are you working in Carrara or RDS?

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 9:35 AM

file_154491.jpg

This was generated with a spotlight with default settings and the light cone range set to 50.00. Seems to fade out for me. I'm in RDS 5.5.

EliteGoliath ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 12:40 PM

oh, sorry about the miscommunication. I am working in Carrara and I know RDS does that. But is there a solution for Carrara?

litst ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 3:00 PM

I've tried all i could imagine and i could find no way to achieve the effect in Carrara . That's strange ... If RDS can do that, Carrara should be able to : after all it's basically the same engine . Hopefully that will be fixed ! But maybe we're missing something ... litst

tfcowan ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 3:02 PM

I think it was Raydream 4 or so that came out and screwed up the Rayflect light cone extension. Then they fixed it with a patch and it stayed fixed in subsequent Raydream versions. Then Carrara came out and the exact same light cone bug returned. I betcha in their rush to get it out the door, they ported the version 4 code for the light cone. We'll all just have to wait and see if they fix it anytime soon. tom

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.