Mon, Oct 7, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Thanks for the input.....

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 10:23 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 8:36 AM

Attached Link: Bug

.....on my bug model.

Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate it.

I'd like to address a few of the points that I've taken on board (and ignore a few of the others :-)

Unbalanced - OK, maybe it is. Although I'm pretty sure it would have clever enough computers to be able to compensate for being nose heavy. ANYWAY, I've added vents to the main engine that open when in hover mode to force some of the exhaust from the main engine downwards. The front engines still pivot and rotate for control, but the rear vents give a bit more stability.

The blue stuff - This is a faster than light ship, so I'm guessing it doesn't go on rocket fuel. It uses a combination of jets and rocket to get out of the atmosphere and then has a separate drive for FTL flight. It does have this drive ticking over and provides stability through the rear vents ;-) SO the blue stuff is really to show that something unusual is up with that. It's supposed to be like a plasma type thing. In any case, I've altered it slightly. Looks really good in a deep space scene, with few lights, since the plasma has 100% ambience.

Thrusters too big - Is that even possible? :-)

Scale - Claymor! Scale is in the eye of the beholder. It's designed to be a one man ship, but if people want it to be larger and a troop carrier, then that's fine. The cockpit does have a seat and controls and you just can't see it, but given the right angle, it would be easy to determine the scale.

Tone down trim. Yeah, done that.

As for buying Vue to solve problems in a Bryce render. No comment.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 11:26 PM

Works for me!! Textures look great, and I really like the modeling on this. As for "rocket thrusters"; I think they're old hat. I saw a UFO very up-close once, and it floated slowly and effortlessly across a heavily wooded valley near Mt. Adams. I thought it might be an experimental "logging blimp"; up until it went from zero to the horizon in about five seconds! If it wasn't one of "ours" from some super-secret lab I'd say it also suggests the existance of travel at super-luminal speeds.

UVDan ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 11:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Rocket thrusters may not be hi tech, but they look cool. Nice job.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Claymor ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 1:13 AM

I completely agree that scale is in the eye of the beholder...that is why you have to tell the beholder what the scale is!!! :) I knew from previous viewings of the model that it was a one man ship but as you were somewhat cryptic about your reasons for wanting us to be nitpicky I surmised that this might be something someone would be viewing who had not had the same advantage. The previous comment to mine that had mentioned scale was refering to the mats and, as I believe I said...the scale of the mats was just right if this were a one man ship. :) Either way you're still lightyears ahead of me!!

attileus ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 2:47 AM

Great design Phil;...but shouldn't the cabin be spherical for lesser air resistance?

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 8:47 AM
Forum Moderator

I don't think air-restistance would be a problem. This is an FTLS. It would have a defelector array that would be switched on at all times......

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

sackrat ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 11:56 AM

Looks great !

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 12:10 PM

file_309081.jpg

I've deleted the top image and giving you a postworked version.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 3:15 PM

Stunning work Phil!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

johnyf ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 5:17 PM

I like the blue now! LOL. Great design!

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 8:43 PM · edited Fri, 02 December 2005 at 8:56 PM

file_309082.jpg

Old School Alert!

Did someone mention "thrusters"? ;)

Message edited on: 12/02/2005 20:56

RobertJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2005 at 2:23 AM

file_309083.jpg

You mean thrusters as in ... thrusters

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2005 at 5:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Whos said 'Thrusters' ?

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 03 December 2005 at 5:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Atomic Anvil: I'd love to see that ship from a different pov......;-)

pidjy ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 4:15 AM

Nice Model Phil

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.