Sun, Oct 6, 6:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Can a body be a magnet?

notefinger ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 2:14 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:06 AM

Could a body or part of body be a magnet? I was thinking that if a part of a body was a magnet, could it be set to push in on another body so it would look like two pieces of flesh laying across and denting each other.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2005 at 2:44 PM

No, a body can't be a magnet. You can parent a magnet to a body, though.

Search the Renderosity tutorial section on soft bodies. There's a tutorial.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 9:44 AM

If you have a version of Poser that can run Python scripts (Pro Pack or later), try ockham's Eureka script in the freestuff. It deforms one thing according to the shape of another thing. There are limitations, but you may be able to get some useful results.

kobanion ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 2:48 PM

Bob: How appropriate that the script is called Eureka, because that was exactly my reaction when I read the ReadMe. It is precisely what I was looking for! Many thanks!

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2005 at 3:35 PM

Quote:- "Search the Renderosity tutorial section on soft bodies. There's a tutorial." Tried that search parameter - any other ideas on what to search for in the tutorials?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

kobanion ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2005 at 7:11 PM

Look for 'Eureka3'; that's the sitting-on-something trick I was looking for. There is a reference to 'soft bodies' in the docs, by which the author means the object to me distorted by whatever it is that is sitting on it. I tried it out last night, and it works!

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 7:09 PM · edited Fri, 06 January 2006 at 7:11 PM

I tried it recently and it didn't do what I expected, but I probably wasn't quite on the Y axis. But the BAD news is, it's done something to a character that I can't undo. The part that was deformed is now deformed in the same figure in a DIFFERENT scene. The different scene was made BEFORE I used the script. It seems to me that it's altered the OBJ in some way.

The script says it saves a morph channel as Eureka1, but no such MC exists that I am able to find. Anyone have any clue how to fix the deformity?

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 19:11

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.