Wed, Sep 25, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:25 pm)

Subject: Bat's Valkyrie or what has happened to scalemail skin???

zahratustra ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 5:05 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

I am a Poser 6 user and I have recently bought Bat's R 28107 - BATLAB - Valkyre for V3 and A3. The whole outfit is great but I bought it mainly for the scalemail second skin skin (as shown in promo images at Renderosity). Trouble is that when I apply Valkyrie Skin P5,P6-MATT to V3 figure ( with "Smooth Polygons" unchecked) instead of scalemail effect I get just a smooth silver skin! What am I doing wrong??? Any help will be appreciated. Best wishes Zahratustra

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 6:15 PM

Post a screen shot of the material room settings for the scalemale skin. If the product was tested in P4/PP and not P5, the bump map may not be attached properly. Another possibility is that the bump strength is wrong. Poser 6 handles bump settings differently than earlier versions of Poser.

BATLAB ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 9:13 PM

I struck the answer of IM.

zahratustra ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 1:02 AM

Thanks Bat for replying so fast and for the fix! Now could you the same for A3??? :) Best wishes Z.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:26 AM

What was the problem? (Just curious... ;-)

zahratustra ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 11:24 AM

One of the features of Bat's Valkyrie is a scale mail like second skin. However the Poser 5 bump maps did not work in Poser 6 and instead of scale mail effect the MATT pose showed up as a smooth silver skin. I have PMed Bat about the problem and within few hour he come back to me with a fix. How is that for customer care??? :) Z.

BATLAB ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 11:47 AM

There was a problem of the node connection. (from Disprament to the bump map. ) I delete this product from the market. I make you have a hard time and am sorry.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 4:21 PM

That is a pretty common problem. P5/6 changed the way bump maps are handled, so PP materials don't work right. Even DAZ products have this problem.

Removing the product from your store seems a bit extreme. If everyone removed the products with bump maps that didn't work in P5/6, the store would be pretty empty! ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.