Fri, Sep 20, 1:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Anyone been able to download the Final Release???

StealthWorks ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 12:40 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:39 PM

I have been trying for 2 days now but the links eovia sent just bring up the dreaded "The page cannot be displayed" message. I sent an email to eovia but as yet have heard nothing from them. If they have only given us a limited 10 day window to download you'd think they would have anticipated the load on their servers (assuming thats what the problem is!)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 1:31 PM

Still waiting on my email :(...... Can't wait to get it :)

GrantMH ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 2:02 PM

I haven't even gotten an email with links yet.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 2:17 PM

I don't get emails from Eovia. I usually wait for 3dcommune to post a direct link.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 2:19 PM

There is a ton of pressure on the download server right now. While the application is only around 35-40M, the content CD portion is around 450M. Until it let's up a little, consider starting the download when most of Europe and the US is asleep. ;) I believe one of the reasons that there hasn't been a "broadcast" e-mail for those that pre ordered is to manage traffic on the server as best as possible.

steama ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 2:24 PM

I called Eovia yesterday and they are sending out emails in batches of 100 only as to not overwhelm their servers.

mkrueger ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 3:27 PM

I got the mail 2 days ago, but all I can download is zero-byte files :(

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 3:56 PM

I have downloaded the thing. And the Content CD, which I threw away. Nothing new except for the gallery, which I viewed. But I am a upgrader, so for others the HDRI's might be new. (Maybe it helped I did it 9 am, when the US was sound asleep at 3am...)

bwtr ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 7:18 PM

The full version is an amazingly big step up from the Beta. Extremely happy. Like Hoofd I cry at the difficulty of even trying to download the CD and then cryimg again at what was in that huge download. I have one other crit. The three loading options do not make any sense to me. The second one worked properly--I hope!!

bwtr

ren_mem ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 9:19 PM

Hoofdcommissaris, Ringo said that the content was needed for the wizards and I believe some presets so you may want to double check that. Also supposed to be new DAZ models.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

hotsteppa ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 12:25 AM

I've managed to get everything downloaded now, by dint of being an early riser in Europe... The app download is actually 250MB+, not 40MB as Mark suggests above, and I think this is because most of the wizards and the huge number of models are bundled into the main install, so you can just open them straight from the browser. Not sure whether any of the models are new, but the presets are very nice and a great starting point. However it seems that most of the new content has ended up in the main install rather than on the Content CD... I'd still try to grab both files, though...

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 2:30 AM

There is an animation tutorial with accompanying (?) files, but it is the same ghost tut as with C4. There are some nice DAZ models, indeed, but most of them are already around on my Mac. It feels a little 'thrown together'. But for everyone who is not on dial-up, just download it and see for yourself!

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 3:26 AM

No sign of the download link yet, I ordered on the 29th Oct, so I guess there must be a BIG wait for folk who ordered more recently.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:50 AM

Could some from Eovia post here with at least an estimate of how many orders there are to go through/some kind of breakdown like "if you ordered on XX/XX, you should expect the email around XX/XX"? I'm about to move, and I won't have broadband access for a while, so I could really use some info.

StealthWorks ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 2:11 PM

Took hotsteppas advise and managed to download the full version this morning in UK. Advise to anyone having difficulties is to keep trying - the error message you get is not an invalid link but just the server being overloaded. Haven't installed yet - but looking forward to trying it out!

sailor_ed ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 3:36 PM

I ordered on Oct 25, the first day it was offered (I think) and have not yet received a link so I am assuming there is no relation bettween order date and email link date. Anyone know different? Ed

StealthWorks ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 4:43 PM

Just got this message from Eovia in case anyone else is having problems "If you have not yet been able to download your final version of Carrara 5, please note that we have significantly improved today the bandwidth capability of our server. If not already done, you should now safely get your final product"

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:12 PM · edited Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:12 PM

25th, Oct. No word either. But my Dad called me and said I got a heavy package in his mail a couple days ago. I thought I ordered the downloadable version and not the boxed version? Hmmm. I'll find out what it is exactly.

Message edited on: 12/08/2005 17:12

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:24 PM

shonner - ask him to open it if you can't get there well - what was it? love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 6:39 PM

Ed, Shonner, you give me hope! I ordered mine on th10-26 and was beginning to think something was wrong. Shonner, I'm with you, I thought I ordered the D/L version, In fact my receipr specifically says I'll receive and email when the final version is available... Dang, I REALLY hate waiting! mike

glought ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 8:09 PM

I get a ling but the email still says it a bate download?

bluetone ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 8:20 PM

I also ordered on the 25th of October, yet have heard nothing in my inbox. :( I love the Beta, and want to see what little new tricks await in the final release.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 1:59 AM

Someone sent me books. No Carrara.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 7:22 AM

oh well - books are also good and carrar will come.

Rids ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 10:32 AM

Yay! I paid for the upgrade on Nov 4th and got my e-mail this morning. Download started off at 130KB/s but has slowed to 23KB/s so its taking a while.

bluetone ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 1:55 PM

My email came this morning too! Downloading now! :D Too bad I share a DSL at the office... 15.4k/sec... 3 more hours... :(

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 3:12 PM

Got my email. Will download when everyone else is asleep.

fuzzoom ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 4:26 PM

I went to the Eovia site yesterday to place an order for the boxed version of the C5 upgrade. There was a message in red text saying that C5 is "currently not in stock". So why does it say on the Eovia homepage that C5 is "Now Shipping"?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 4:47 PM

It should say "Now Electronically Shipping via Download".

glought ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 5:23 PM

I just got a response back. It was my fault for over looking an email that was sent to me in November <<<< with the download link. I didn't keep up with it thinking that another email was going to be sent. The store showed that the download had expired again thinking that it was for the Beta download. I was able to pull it in and the Application no longer shows Beta after running. I think that DAZ did a *#%^ GOOD job offering the new content!!!. Check the old link and emails.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 5:24 PM

Mine came today & ditto Shonner....Kind of ironic..if we all Download when people sleep, won;t the servers be just as jammed? LOL Just kidding around :) Looking forward to getting it :)

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 5:35 PM

The Aussies are up when I'm up still in California.

Rids ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 6:23 PM

I downloaded the application CD and got as far as 408MB out of 448MB for the content disk before the server threw me out. After much banging of my head on the desk I downloaded a download accelerator, trouble is I can't access the damned server now, I just get timeout after timeout. THANK GOD FOR SOLITAIRE ;-)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 8:12 PM

I'm still trying as well...I can't even get on the server. US here...think I'll set my alarm for around 2-4AM US EST time....so the rest of you file leechers go away at that time! LOL j/k of course :)

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 8:34 PM

Still no email and my finger nails are almost totally gone!. glought I'm not sure what your talking abot, My emails deffinately say another email will be sent and my envoice page at Eovia lists the llinks as expred. Oh, well, there's always on-line poker to pass the time. mike

Rids ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 9:03 PM

Been unable to even connect for the last 4 hours now, this is getting really frustrating.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 9:27 PM

Well I'm donwloading...will take all night & I'm on cable...downloading at 38.8kb per sec o.O...normal speeds are around 300kb per sec o.O. God I hated dial-up...memories...rather nightmares LOL

Rids ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 10:25 PM

I downloaded "Internet Download Accelerator" and the content CD is currently downloading at 130kB/s. In fact its just finished - WOOHOO! :-) I tried three download accelerators and the last one was by far the simplest and quickest so 10/10 for that. Now I can get down to some installing

dbigers ( ) posted Fri, 09 December 2005 at 10:36 PM

I am downloading now as well. I am getting 22.5 KB/sec. I am on a 300KB DSL connection. :( Oh well, it will finish sometime tonight hopefully. 3:34:09 left. This is just for the application. I wont try the content for a few days, hopefully the server load will be down after that. But since the link is only good for 10 days I have to be sure not to let it expire.

thomllama ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:22 AM

well it's sunday morning.. I checked my mail servers "junk" mail and low and behold it's there... downloading now .. both the content and the App are downloading at around 42.5KBs making the content about 2+ hours and the app just short of 2... {staring at the screen.. counting...one KB, two KB,... fingers drumming}

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:30 AM

When did you guys purchase? I did not purchase until Nov 14, but was told that I should have it by Monday. Paul g

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:42 AM

I'm still waiting and I bought it on 10-26 so I'm not sure if it's by date or what. CHeckd my spam boxes and everything. Wonder if I should sen them an email.... mike

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:43 AM · edited Sat, 10 December 2005 at 7:43 AM

I purchased Carrara 4 on the 29th of Oct, specifically for the upgrade. I doesn't look like they're dishing out the downloads in order of purchase date though. I'll give it a few days and then email them - my holiday is over, so there's no rush anymore.

Message edited on: 12/10/2005 07:43

Pauldg ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 8:34 AM

My email said, "We are sending out notification emails in batches this week, so that the server will not be overloaded." So maybe not in any order. Paul g

Rids ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:28 AM

I purchased on November 4th and got the e-mail yesterday morning..

thomllama ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 10:34 AM

just finished... program downloaded fine, content CD is giving me an error when Expanding :(

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 4:06 PM

I started both CPro5 downloads. The App CD finished first. The Content CD took 6.5 hours to download at 20KB speed. Both extracted fine on my PC.

thomllama ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 6:31 PM

yaa.. was something to do wiith Stuffit expander.. I reloaded expander and it worked fine

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2005 at 6:35 PM

Have fun!!!!!

Gwynhale ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 4:50 PM

I did not receive my e-mail yet :( Is it still normal or you think that my junk mail filter could swallow it? Did anybody find the Eovia mail in his/her junk mail folder? I start thinking of it because I just rescued Mark's e-mail about the Shoestring Shaders C5 update from the junk mail folder ...

thomllama ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2005 at 5:00 PM

yup. mine was in the junk mail on my providers server... reason I just go and check it through thier web mail access.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.