Tue, Oct 22, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Dressing GND2 (by Blackhearted) using Tailor (1.6)

zarquen ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 6:39 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:29 PM

Hi. I've tried to apply Bernardette-GND2 morphs to ordinary V3 clothes using the tailor v1.1. First I apply gnd2 morphs to a new V3 figure and save it in the DAZPeople character folder. Next I open tailor v1.1. When I choose the base figure previously saved, the next error message appears: "Invalid chanel type=groups line:32652" I've in mind the purchase of the Daz Taylor v1.6, but... will it work or there will be the same error? Anyone has managed to achieve those results? I've heard of the WardobleWizard, but it's quite a bit expensive. Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance.

UweMattern ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 6:57 AM

With older versions of the Tailor you have to save the character with Poser5, it will not work with P6. Tailor 1.6 works well with P6, anyway fittige clothes to GND2 is a lot of work since she do not hve a fullbody morph. All parts must be tailored individually.

zarquen ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 6:59 AM

Hi, I'm using P5.

UweMattern ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 7:10 AM

Oh the i think Tailor1.1 is simply to old. On my machine Tailor 1.5 and 1.6 works with GND2. One thing Tailor also dose not like are some texturemaps, then you have to save the figure or dress without textures for tailoring. Hope it helps ;-))

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 7:32 AM

Wardrobe wizard is a great program and well worth the money but I wouldn`t buy it just to convert one item.

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:03 AM

I've tried using WW for GND2. It works but there are areas that will require a fair bit of extra tailoring in a modelling program. You have to keep in mind that GND2 is quite a dramatic re-shaping of the original mesh. The breast were flattened and then re-formed higher up - smoothing/inflating in WW can do most of the work compensating but not for the hip - the genital crease means that WW (and I suspect also The Tailor) fits pants with the same crease, as it alters the clothes to match the geomety changes. Of course, post work can also solve the crease problem - with not too much fuss! I'm going to guess that magnets are the best, though perhaps hardest, way to tailor pants for this model - but if they can be loose fitting, then it could be done.

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:47 AM

FWIW, Tailor 1.1 had a hard time reading V3 hence the release of version 1.5. Now, version 1.6 is out so it can handle P6 figures.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:48 PM · edited Sat, 22 October 2005 at 10:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net

I've posted a topic on PhilC's form regarding the use of WW to convert clothing for GND2. I also "voted" for GND2 as one of the next WW figures.

Message edited on: 10/22/2005 22:48

zarquen ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:31 AM

file_299411.jpg

Well, this is another attemp with latest tailor version. In this case it was Uzilite MOS jumpsuit. When I apply the morphs the clothe gets as shown in the figure... really awful.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.