Sat, Oct 5, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: how to make glow pulse in image ready

shadowrelm ( ) posted Sun, 04 December 2005 at 1:21 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:24 AM

I am trying to make an outerglow pulseate in imageready. I have applied it to some text and would like it to pulse but can't figure out how to do it. By changing the opacity I can make it work but on the glow and the text and not just on the glow. anyone know how to do it?

cryptojoe ( ) posted Sun, 04 December 2005 at 1:45 PM

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

Thelby ( ) posted Sun, 04 December 2005 at 2:29 PM · edited Sun, 04 December 2005 at 2:30 PM

You can make 5 to 10 different images with your text and the glow effect. Use the glow effect at different "GLOW" levels on each image. I did this with a dog for a buddy only I used 10 to 15 frames (images) in between fade Up and Fade down so it would look smooth. Play around with it. It will take a little time, but you will be proud of yourself when you finish.

Merry Christmas,
Thelby

Message edited on: 12/04/2005 14:30

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

shadowrelm ( ) posted Sun, 04 December 2005 at 3:59 PM

ah... the old manual aproch. didn't think of that. it was so simple i didn't think of it. thanks guys.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 8:32 PM

Ah, doing each frame with a slightly different setting is the long way around. You can get the same results by changing layer effect setting each frame. Create new frame, open up your outer glow (layer effect) and move the slider a little. Repeat this for each frame and there you go;)

Example:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All done with layer effects only, not only will this save you heaps of time and effort, it also looks better in the end because you have control over the setting and it also is a lot more smoother. Hope it helps;)

I never intended to make art.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.