Sat, Sep 21, 9:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser bone problem

ren_mem ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2005 at 6:46 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:28 PM

I just brought the daz milhorse into c5pro demo and it comes in w/ bones, but the bones don't want to move. Other bones from carrara rigs work. Anybody have any suggestions.Still playing with options, but I don't understand.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

ren_mem ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2005 at 7:11 PM

Well, v3 same thing. I am opening cr2 the original daz file w/ bones. It does show a path for runtime. I just point it to the 0kb poser.exe in daz, since I don't have poser.I used open and import. So maybe I need to do something to get the bones to move.

Just make it invisible.

whkguamusa ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2005 at 7:35 PM · edited Wed, 21 December 2005 at 7:36 PM

Try turning off "use constraints".
You can do that with the little icon that looks like a turtle on its back, 3rd icon from the left in the window bar of the 3d view.
Its an on off toggle so you don't have go to each of the bones and reset them one by one.

Don't have the mil horse but it should work

wayne k
guamusa

Message edited on: 12/21/2005 19:36

ren_mem ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2005 at 11:39 PM

Well that freed it, but still moves weird. Do I have to set up custom constraints? Guess I would have thought differently.

Just make it invisible.

whkguamusa ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 4:32 PM · edited Thu, 22 December 2005 at 4:35 PM

Well,
it depends on what you are trying to do.
Did the figure import with any IK chains on the legs, head or tail?
If there is no IK set up then moving the bones won't work.
Without IK you'll have to rotate them to keep the limbs from distorting when a bone is moved away from the bone it is parented to (constraints keep this from happening).
If rotation comes in locked you will have to reset them.
You can reset all of them by selecting the first bone at the top of the tree and looking under the "Skinning" drop down menu for that option.

If there is no IK on the horse you can set it up using Carrara's IK chain tool.
Its the 6th one down on the left side of the workview (2 chain links on top of a cube).
To use it click on the bone that you want the base ( anchor point) of the chain to start on (i.e. the top bone in a leg) then click where you want the chain to end.
You should then see a blue outlined cube with a blue line connecting the first and last bone in the chain. The cube is the IK target. Put the IK chain tool away (click the pointer "Move" tool) and then select the cube - move it around and the leg should follow along all the way up to the anchor point of the chain.
Once you get the basic idea down you might want to break the IK chains down into shorter segments for more control (Carrara allows this). Instead of one long chain from the top of the leg down to the foot you could use one to the knee, then from the knee to the heel and then use another to control the foot rotation (using a human figure for this example - horses don't have feet, I think).

wayne k
guam usa

Message edited on: 12/22/2005 16:35

ren_mem ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2005 at 2:25 AM

I figured it was possibly an IK thing...hadn't gotten that far before, the eovia tutorial didn't include detailed info on custom joints and left me hanging. The 3dxtract ezine I am checking out seems much better. Another reason to get a plugin or compatibility w/ DAZ Studio. I'll need to spend some time w/ this, wanted to play with bvh also. That is alot of work w/ no reusability in carrara.:( With the power pose plugin in D|S you can move figures quite easily to tween animations w/ no distortion. It is also reusable..tho of course w/ limits. You just position the figure. However,there is movement tweaking that you can't do much of in D|S yet. You can create a simple movement in a couple of minutes max.I think it is daz format only, but since there is poser formats in there I need to look at that closer.I wondered because my previously rigged figure I made w/ no IK (I am pretty sure) did not distort the mesh, but moved w/ constraints on...must be the type of constraints? Cause w/ constraints on I couldn't move the daz figure.Thanks for the help.

Just make it invisible.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.