Sun, Sep 22, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: MODELLING TUTORIAL not FINISHED !

litst ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 10:35 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.chez.com/litst/tut/tutintro.htm

file_155249.JPG

I've been working on a modelling tutorial lately . Even though it's still unfinished, you can check it at the attached link . Please comment and ask if there is something that sounds unclear to you ! litst

FATfoe ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 3:57 AM

Great tutorial Litst, it'll be even better when its finnished tho in the third bit of the first part were u talk about "Once you have your profile, continue to add vertices using the same technique." what exactly is the same technique? do u rotate slightly add some vertices to the profile then rotate abit more then add more vertices and so on? It could just be me, im not the smartest person at the best of times. Keep up the good work, I think this tutorial will be a huge help to alot of us, who currently struggle with the mesh modeller. ...FATfoe out :P

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 7:57 AM

eh...I'm working on a tutorial for some free form modeling basics, too. Seemed like a good excuse to finally get a website up and going. ;) I'll keep you posted.

twillis ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 9:05 AM

Cool. Thanks, litst.

tonylynch ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 11:46 AM

Thanks ltst! I'll give it a go after I get home from work this evening.

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 11:50 AM

litst - One word... Awesome. Nice work. I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to do the tutorial. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

litst ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 12:06 PM

Thanks for your comments ! Once i find a way to model ears efficiently, i'll update the tutorial . In fact, making this tut is a good way to optimize my techniques ! :) Fatfoe, what i meant by "continue to add vertices using the same technique" was in fact : "continue to add vertices using the 'v' key " . I know my french speaking isn't the better way to explain something in english ! ;) So continue to ask if you stick on something ! litst

keithw ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 12:46 PM

I read your tutorial on my lunch hour. It's seems very clear and concise. I am going to try and follow it word by word in Carrara sometime this weekend. I am really interested in seeing how you model the ears. Ears have always given me trouble. Keith

Stacey ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 2:59 PM

Very excellent.... I see some things I need to change in my own techniques already.

willf ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for putting the effort into that tutorial, very nice work. Makes me want to try the meshform modeler again. I gave up on it in RDS as it was too slow & prone to crash (in MAC OS).

litst ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 9:36 PM

file_155252.JPG

I've updated the tutorial with the ears section . Check it out ! litst

FATfoe ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 8:41 AM

Litst, if I hadn't of seen the tutorial with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed that a model of such a high standard could have been made within Carrara. Your time and effort is much appreciated by me personally. ?FATfoe

twillis ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 9:09 AM

Thanks for the tutorial litst, I'm gonna try it out today on my lunch hour -- we'll give it a newbie "test run". If there's anything that can be misunderstood, I'm sure to misunderstand it, so this should be quite the stress test. --Terri

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.