Sun, Oct 6, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT-Apparently, we are all amateurs!!!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 9:49 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.chez.com/litst/eng/tutorials.htm

"Renderosity : A community site for english-speaking 3D amateurs . Galleries, store, forums ... Come see us on the Carrara forum :)" This guy has some nerve hey, he has some great work in his gallery, but there's no need to put all of us down now is there LMAO!!!

I never intended to make art.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 10:23 AM
Forum Moderator

Bloody cheek!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 11:59 AM

Pfffft!!

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 1:17 PM

I always knew I was an amateur..;) I'm down widdat..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 3:01 PM

yeah, the guy's first language is obviously not english. so probably that's the reason. even though amateur in english means the same in any other language... cut him some slack. his experience of the place. he's not that big of a 3D master himself. drac

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:09 PM

Litst is over-rated. Renderosity is the best out there as far as art (both viewing and selling).

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:35 PM

blah, I don really care much... I AM an amature! lol I could still get so much better. Seeing how easy it still is to learn so many new things I can't really go and claim to be a pro ;-)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:37 PM

CGtalk has a better pro status in my book btw.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:43 PM

obviously, and he is right, to an extent. but really, how much stuff do you see on the net everyday that makes absolutely no sense? screw'im drac

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:44 PM

I was once called a Rank Amature does that mean I stink?

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:48 PM

i was once called spanky, i never really paid any attention to that either. drac

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:55 PM

That is cause your favorite team is the Yankees! How you been Drac?

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 5:01 PM

Vile, fine, it's a pleasure to see you posting, I was actually wondering where you dissapeared. huggles drac

Vile ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 5:04 PM

Oh yuck drac cooties alright no slobbering. LOL yes I have not really had a computer for some time so now I am back from outerspace! And now we can Hi-jack more threads on the Bryce board MUHUWAHAHAHAHHA!

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 5:18 PM

Yeah,..........I looked at his gallery,.........not impressed. As far as the "amateur", I've been called far worse,...."homophobic redneck a**hole", "knuckle dragging, cousin marrying cretin", "boneheaded waste of 2 legs and food" and a multitude of others not fit to print in a public forum. Drac is a Yankees fan ? They know about baseball in Romania ? Go figure !

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 6:34 PM

why do they always pick on Southerners?..;) (since I'm from El Paso, I don't count..you can't be a North Carolinian until Basketball is the staff of life, pork barbecue [pig in a blender, cum vinigar..ecchhh], and you know all the Andy of Mayberry episodes..;)
Maybe he meant 'armature'..like an electric motor or something..;)

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 8:24 PM

I'm an amateur and cool with that fact. Actually I tend to describe myself as a hobbiest.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 9:06 PM

It looks like some of his old tutorials on that site, but thanks for the link. When I went offline last year I lost most all of the links to sites such as his. As I cook most of my own food, I'm pretty sure he won't be calling me late for dinner. If he wants to call me an amateur let him - sounds pretty close to the truth at this point; especially as compared to him.

roobol ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 3:16 AM

The guy's native language is French, and in French "amateur" means lover, devotee or votary. Even a professional can say "je suis un amateur d'art". Apparently, he was right about that "English-speaking" thing, too :-)

http://www.roobol.be

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 5:04 AM

So he actually meant "English speaking 3D lovers" lol. I'm good with that;) I'm an amateur too, but I still think it was a bit cheeky and I dont (for a second) think that every artist here at Rendo is amateur.

bandolin ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 9:09 AM

I'm an accidental hobbiest who aspires to be an amateur. ;-)

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 11:29 AM

I'm maintaining my amateur status so that I can render in the Olympics.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 4:39 PM

You two hey ;)lmao:)

InfernalDarkness ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 9:51 PM

Hah! You people are silly, and never have I seen an online community so devoted to each other, humor, and the learning process... Don't let anyone's opinion sway you, and I can't imagine "amateur" being an insult after having seen a few of your galleries!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 10:36 PM

Oh! OK! So now we are silly English speaking 3D lovers. We devote time and assistance to each other if thats what you mean, isnt that what the community is all about?

InfernalDarkness ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 12:34 AM

Well, I meant "silly" in the nicest possible way, I assure you!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 1:05 AM

lol Thanks;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:51 AM
Forum Moderator

If zey want to be insulting us we will blow our nozzez at zem and fart in zeir general direction, their motherz are hamsteres and zeir fatherz are wiperz of ouzer peoplez bottoms!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:01 AM

I thought they only smelled of elderberrys..;) those dang kanigits..;)

scoleman123 ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:16 AM

well that ups my status. i considered my self a beginner.

facebook.com/scoleman123

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 1:47 PM

The term 'amature' is often mistaken for the term 'beginner'... might be the case for people here who feel offended ;-) An beginner can be an amature, but not all amatures are beginners :-)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 4:48 PM · edited Tue, 03 January 2006 at 4:49 PM

It's a moot point anyway, since this forum is one of the two busiest forums here. It's not like we're hurting in the "popular" category.

Message edited on: 01/03/2006 16:49

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 8:11 AM
Forum Moderator

In the the world of the Politically Correct amatures should be addressed as 'Impending Professionals' or something like that...;-)

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 2:28 PM

"I'm an amateur and I'm okay I Bryce all night and I sleep all day" (Sung to the tune of the "Lumberjack" tune from Monty Python) :-)) Cheers, Diolma

InfernalDarkness ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 2:41 PM

As far as I can tell, the only difference between an amateur 3D graphics designer and a professional is that, when offered money for graphics, the amateur says, "No, I'd do that for you anyway, silly!" and the "professional" says, "I'll need at least twice that much money."!!!

sackrat ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 2:45 PM

Yeah,.......that and the ability to be sitting in front of a computer screen with what looks like a baked potato being rendered and be able to utter the words "photgraphic realism" without giggling hysterically.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Sans2012 ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 10:17 PM

lol I guess us amateurs are just the nice guys & girls.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.