Mon, Oct 7, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Noobie lighting question.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 11:47 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:21 AM

file_315704.jpg

I'm evaluating the carrara demo and I like it. But I don't want to read the manual, so I'm asking you guys.

I'm getting "blotchy" renders. This one has one light source. If you need more details of current settings (pretty much default) I can provide them. Can someone give me a hint on why it's blotchy?

Thanks
Phil

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Kixum ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 12:04 PM

Chances are you need to turn up the settings for the indirect lighting in the render room. There are several switches that you can flip to change the results but I would start by setting the quality higher than the default and also decreasing the pixel accuracy. You will have to pay for it in render time but you can get the results to be a lot better than what you have here. You can find the settings I'm describing when you click on the icon at the top which takes you to the room where you render the final images (icon all the way to the right up where the wrench, film strip, paint brush etc are). There will be a tray (panel) on the right which will have the render settings in it. -Kix

-Kix

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 12:38 PM

thanks very much. I'll try that and get back to you.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

falconperigot ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:23 PM

Quote: "I don't want to read the manual..." Why not?

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 1:56 PM

I dont read manuals but I like to push buttons. :0)

ewinemiller ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 2:22 PM

You know what, with this one, I'm with GWeb. The only thing I read the manual for is power tools because I can lose a body part. Everything else is fun exploration!

Regards,
Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara plug-ins

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 4:41 PM

Besides the manual being 5000 pages long (or abouts). I think I managed to get up to page 500 hundred and something and lost steam:)

I never intended to make art.

falconperigot ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 4:42 PM

I agree, really. I'm a leap-in-and-push-buttons guy myself. It's just I read Phil's post as though he couldn't be bothered to find out. Those buttons aren't that hard to find.

ren_mem ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 6:00 PM

LOL...sorry to say...I like to push buttons(if I know it's safe), but I am a definite manual reader. One this big I mostly just skip around for what I want.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2006 at 11:17 PM

Turn off Interpolation to remove the ashes.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.