Wed, Sep 18, 1:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: What the heck is wrong with poser and background images?

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 4:10 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 8:07 AM

Hey people, I don't know why, but when I use a backgroundimage and render the scene to the dimensions of this image, the rendered scene will become pixelated. Does anyone know why this happens? And maybe how I can avoid it? Thanks in advance, Jessica

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 4:14 PM

I find if you are importing a background into poser, it's best to change the pose window to the same size as the image you are importing. So for example if you are using a 1024x768 background, make your pose room window that same size. You can also try putting the background on a square in the material room and use it as a prop so that you can move it around and stuff in the pose room. However, I've tried and can't get it to work very well for me. It's the hole distance, size and placement thing.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 4:22 PM

Try to use some backdrop prop, like bog's billboard or RDNA Infinity Cove. Both are free, and much easier to control than just square prop.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 7:57 PM

Are you rendering with FireFly or the Poser4 render engine? And what resolution are you setting it at?

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 8:05 PM

The pixelated effect is everytime. With firefly, poser4, 72.000 resolution oder 400.000 doesn't matter.

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 2:54 AM

I get a variation of this. I create a primitive square and place the background image on it. It works fine with the P4 renderer but Firefly just creates huge pixellated shapes; I'm gonna look at vilian's suggestions, so thanks vil. DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 2:58 AM

Update - Infinity Cove is no longer free - comes in at a huge $4.95! Can't find billboard

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 4:02 AM

So I can be glad that I have it already :) Thanks to all for your tips, I will try it next time I will use a background image :-)) Jessica

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 7:59 AM

Billboard can be found both at PoserPros forum and FaerieWylde forum. It's something similar to square prop but already scaled to make 4:3 pics fit on it. Readme does not mention anything about redistribution but the easiest way to get it is to contact bog (lower case letters !) at any of the two mentioned forums. Can't believe good old IC1 stopped being free when they are selling both IC2 and IC3, way advanced comparing to IC1. Weird things are happening...

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 9:45 AM

If you simply IMPORT a background image, Poser rescales it to the size of your current display window, resulting in the pixelation when you render an image that is larger than the display window's size. That's why it works better to apply the image to a prop instead.

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 3:05 PM

Easy way to use the square prop to put back-ground image on... Load the single-sided square prop. Re-size in x & z to the same ration (pereferably the exact same size in pixels) as the pic you want to apply. Rotate 90 degrees in X (or is it -90 - I always forget..) Apply pic to ambient channel (not to diffuse). Zeroise any diffuse and/or specular settings. Push waaay back in Z then use the main Scale dial to size to whatever size you want.. Just be careful not to get any shadows on it... Cheers, Diolma

deci6el ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 7:58 PM

All of this texturing squares seems like sooo much work to get around something that should be working as simply as assigning a picture or a movie to be the background. It has worked perfectly for multi-versions and apparently still does if you use Poser 4 render engine. This has got to be a bug. My work around is NOT to change the preview window to fit the background image/movie. Visually distracting yet it does render correctly. Those that use the textured square for backgrounds: Don't you have to parent the square to the camera? Otherwise, your screwed if you change the camera position. No?

Lakeesha ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 3:20 AM

It has worked perfectly for multi-versions and >apparently still does if you use Poser 4 render >engine. No it does not. If I use it it becomes pixelating. And if I do not fit the preview window the background image is so small that it will not work because I can't see the image behind the figure :) I never parented the square to the cam. I rotated the scare a bit, if it has to do, I build up the rest of the image before put the image in. That's a work of a minute, so it doesn't matter G

deci6el ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 7:05 AM

OK, Lakeesha. I'm currently chasing down a problem with Poser 6 not lining up the background correctly. I did a search and read through all the related threads on this topic and then posted to this one because it is the most recent. Perhaps I should have started a new thread. You started this thread trying to solve your "pixelation" problem and I can't help you because I don't know what it looks like and I've never had a similar problem. I may have also assumed wrongly that your problem is in Poser 6. I'm happy for you to use whatever work around pleases you. I have a few myself. : ) Whatever gets the job done, right? I do stand by my statement that I, personally, have never had a problem with background images in Poser 3, 4, and Pro Pack. In the meantime, I will continue to chase down this other background mystery in another thread. cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.