Thu, Sep 26, 11:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Starlight in an evening sky

visionality ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2006 at 4:03 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1131577

Hello out there. I'm quite new to vue and was just working on a picture with a rather light evening sky. I added some stars and reduced brightness to about 10%, but unfourtunately Vue doesn't fade their light down as they come closer to the (bright) horizon as you would see it in nature. Does anyone know a trick to do it anyway (not in postwork but in vue)?

For anyone who wants to see my problem, I post a link to the pic. As you can see, the stars are always white, no matter whether they are high up in the sky or down at the horizon.

jc ( ) posted Tue, 10 January 2006 at 11:16 AM

Wouldn't adjusting the atmosphere's haze do that? You don't mention which version of Vue you use, but you can probably set the altitude and depth of haze and/or fog and adjust the colors to match the sky too. _jc Art-Head-Start.com Art training e-book for digital artists and students. Free chapter on lighting.

visionality ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 10:58 AM

JC, just tried to adjust fog and haze but they don't interact with starlight at all. I used several different settings (white fog/haze, black fog/haze, red, blue etc.) with different values of altitude and depth and it didn't change anything. Except for the foreground, that is. The only thing I can do is blending off starlight completely if I pull the fog up to maximum, but that blends off everything else, and that's not exactly what I was thinking of ... Even worse, I also noticed that starlight doesn't interact with clouds either. Whether I use a clear sky or one full with clouds, I always see the same number of white, shiny stars :o( Oh, and I'm using V5Infinite with the latest backups.

jc ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2006 at 11:58 AM

Not so good :o( I haven't used stars, except in clear night skys. How about making your own stars on a vertical alpha plane in front of the camera? You could then make them with a variable erasure or gradient mask in Photoshop (so they fade near the bottom)? Probably good to put in a feature request at e-on for stars with more control (at their "Feedback Center").

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.