Fri, Sep 20, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: New hair in progress

Tuathan ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 4:36 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

file_155611.jpg

I have been working with this hair model for the past month. I still have to make morphs to remove the gaps between different parts and do some finetuning. These images are straight from poser and done without texturemaps (only transmaps) Comments would be appreciated...

JKeller ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 4:56 PM

I think your outer layer is a bit too transparent. It makes it look like the hair is thinning. I also think the bangs need a bit more body and the mesh could be sculplted to fit the behind the ears and the back of the head better.

Don't take the above comments to mean I don't like it. It's far better than my little experiments with trans hair and it looks very real. Great work so far and I can't wait to see the finished product.

rtamesis ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 5:19 PM

She looks like she just lost her hair from having cancer chemotherapy.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 5:20 PM

heyas; i would leave the outer layer very thin, but there needs to be a base or inner layer that is not transparent at all, where the hair is thick and covers the scalp. (or perhaps the skullcap needs to be painted on the skin texture, which could be awkward.) its hard to tell what the mesh looks like with all the transparency, but i think it is coming along well. :)

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 9:02 PM

I think it needs to be a bit bigger, thicker on top. It's sort of flat to the head. Other than that, you're heading in the right direction. Any new hair is more than welcome. Melanie

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 9:36 PM

I agree that she looks like she is loosing her hair from chemotherapy... and I should know, I work at a hospital. It's a shame to see this happen to women. Even tho it's traumatic when men loose their hair, it's triply so when women do.

GrayMare ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 8:40 AM

I'm more than willing to help you beta test :). I've been trying to add modify existing ultra short women's hair styles to look more realistic for a series of Joan of Arc renders to be included in a fictional work, but having fits getting the "just worn a helm and had to hack my hair off, but do have real hair" look. Thanks. GrayMare

Tuathan ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 1:08 PM

Thank you for the replies. I will try to make the hair look thicker, but it's somewhat poblematic since I don't want to make a new transmap because of the memory consumption. (There are three different ones now) Well, I'll do some experimenting after making a couple of morphs to get the overall shape to the way I want it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.