Sun, Sep 22, 7:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What happened?

Balaenanun ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:17 PM

Hello, I've not been a Renderosity member for very long yet, but this new layout looks indeed unprofessional, it wastes many efforts of the merchants who made their product pages look good. I think round buttons are much more appealing than text links too. Also I prefered the index page of the marketplace as it was before, with more links and not this messy big list of products.

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=2534688

3Dlonewolf,

The information, as AgentSmith stated, on the Marketplace Conversion was in a Frontpage Article, the Newsletter and in this Community Center Forum.

You can also find the Front Page Article link in that Community Center forum thread as well as the information regarding the shopping cart and coupon to use by Jan 15th
The Front Page article of course is no longer active since the conversion has already happened.
Not sure why you could not find the post with Lillian's announcement in this forum?
Thanks Stacey

Elfquest ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:49 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:51 PM

Under the heading of you can't please everyone, I have yet to see a change on Renderosity where people didn't complain and want things back the way they were. It's just the nature of things. Some people (mostly silent) will be okay with the changes and some people (many vocal) will not. I say give it a chance and then make useful suggestions rather than a blanket "I hate it."
UNQUOTE

I think there are really a lot of people that don't like it.

But to find out Renderosity could make a poll. I bet most members want the old marketplace back. And if i were Renderosity i'd make my store look the way my customers want it. The place where they felt comfortable shopping. And i bet they will lose customers if they insist on keeping this crappy new layout. I for one don't think i'll be shopping here anymore.

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 20:51

Shardz ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:06 PM

It might be too early too tell at this point, but I certainly hope they will work on the details of the MP because it's just plain ugly! I click on the MarketPlace link and the first thing I go to is a useless page with a baby on it. Can you please get rid of that page and have a display or menu to navigate the store instead? Also, I prefer the menu on the right side and there should be an option to change it, as well as the colors of the page like the galleries. The bright white hurts my eyes over time and I recently switched to a black background. I also think the product price and info should be on the top of the first promo image like before and the formatting of the text and lack of buttons really gives the pages an amateur look and feel. Hopefully the asthetics will be rectified and the functionality will return. I click on the Galleries link from the MP and it takes me to a generic screen that I have to hit the Gallery link on the top of the page to see anything. More clicking, more fumbling. I think perhaps a template of the old site should have been made and transfer the new store over with the same look. It really is too soon to be in a panic and there will be lots of changes implemented, but so far it's the most ugly store on the net! LOL!

coolcatcom ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 12:07 PM

The place has gone to pot.........HA-HA-HA-HA-HA !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.