Fri, Sep 20, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser Import/out of memory

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:13 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:36 AM

Can anyone suggest the best way of importing Poser figures ect to Vue 5 Infinite with out getting an out of memory message? I save the figure in poser - import it into one of the pre-made Vue scence. However when it starts to render I get an out of Memory message. Yet I am working on a P4 3Ghz with 2gig of memory 7 an ATI Graphics card with 128mb of memory & has the latest drivers installed - I'm confused as it's only x1 figure plus the skybike that I am trying to import/render into the scene. What if it was a group of object that I wanted to import - just wouldn't happen!! Would I have been better of purchasing Vue 5 & not Vue 5 infinite? As Vue 5 seems to render faster & seems to be better when moving object around - with infinite it seems to hang for a while

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:51 PM

You might try saving the Poser object as a Vue object, then using the .vob version instead. I've found that helps with memory issues.

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:12 PM

Seems to help with the moveing/re-sizeing of the object - but still comes up without of memory when it comes to rendering & I don't really have anything running else running in windows at this time?

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:11 PM

What patch of Vue 5 Inf are you using? I found that a scene of mine that freaked out with an Out of Memory error in 5.08 renders fine in 5.09. How about the texture maps? Vue doesn't really like the huge texture maps that are typical of Poser objects. And last but not least - do a test of your memory modules, and make sure your machine doesn't get too warm when rendering.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Trelawney ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 5:33 PM

Hi there OOM will be due usually to memory being used by detailed textures, large undo buffers, or detailed render settings (which reserves memory). When you import the .PZ3 into Vue, remember to select the checkbox (when you select the file) "Collapse Identical Materials" - which ensures that identical textures used for multiple parts of the figure is only loaded once, rather than once per part. When imported, unless you need to re-synchronise with Poser, Save the object as a .VOB (with textures included). If you aren't going to see a texture (e.g. M3/V3 hi-res skin under a spacesuit - then set the material to Vue default to save memory). There have been several memory leaks which have been plugged by the E-On Devs too, but I also recommend closing Vue, re-opening and loading the scene afresh before rendering so there are no unecessary OpenGL or Undo Buffers hogging memory (and Clear OpenGL before render too). 5.09 is being released this week which will also have lots of improvements. If you have a memory monitor/optimiser like Memory Washer, you can see how much RAM is being used, and purge/reclaim some memory (but they make good visual indicators to let you know when you're approaching the 'danger' stage) however Windows still has a default 2Gb per process limit. Hopefully when Vista and V6 comes along, these restraints will no longer apply... Hope this helps :) Kind regards

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.