Sun, Oct 6, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Marketplace Wishlist improvements and more!!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:44 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:21 PM

Here are a few items that we have updated due to suggestions and feedback received. This will be an ongoing process so keep checking back in this forum for more:)

1. Customers were having some issues with downloading and this has been resolved.
  2. Wishlist now displays product price, vendor name and indicates if its on sale.
  3. Clearance/Warehoused products are now displaying the correct retail price

Thank you,
Stacey
Community Manager

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:00 PM

Thank you very much for this - and thank you for working to make the marketplace as user friendly and comfy as possible.

Brandy

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:09 PM

thanks.

adh3d website

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:17 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:24 PM

Steps in the right direction.

Still could do with the date of expiry of sale putting in on the wishlist page though :0/ It used to save clicking on every sale item in the wishlist to find out when it expired.

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 14:24

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:24 PM

Keep watching Klutz:) Be on there before you know it!! Stac

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:29 PM

Righto! Thank you! :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:29 PM

The new setup, in my mind, is a SETBACK. The wishlist should stay where it is and be on the same page as the shopping cart. This is more hassle than its worth. I thought the old setup was FAR FAR more useful and user-friendly. You could compare your shopping cart with your wishlist and move things back and forth... what's more, is that I never saw the message on the front page that was supposedly there that was a warning that our shopping cart items would disappear. So that is gone, the list that I had been making for a while that I intended to purchase today-its gone. I'm really rather upset, that's about 200 of dollars that I was going to buy this weekend with my first paycheck, and then this kind of crap. After working on the list for about 3 months... no way can I just remember everything on it or just search through renderosity till I find it again. I just have to say that this takes the cake, what a let down from Renderosity.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:42 PM

Thank you for fixing the wishlist so quickly, much appreciated :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:43 PM

UserAlia, We really apologize that you didn't see any of the information regarding the shopping cart loss but it was posted in a Front Page Article, plus a Forum post here in the Community Center and in the Newsletter. Please be patient with us as we work through any adjustments and tweaks for the Marketplace. Thank you, Stacey

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:46 PM

Sale Ending Date is now displayed on the products promotional page.

Add to Cart button now displaying under the product thumbnail

We'll keep them coming!!!

Stacey

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 3:34 PM

Can you put cart and wishlist on the same page again? It was one thing that I thought was particularly brilliant about Renderosity and now its been changed to two different pages. :( What a hassle...

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 3:51 PM

can we have a thumbnail in the wishlist|cart? like 100x100 or something?

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 3:53 PM

I've mentioned this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here --

I'd like to see another button for "wishlist" included in the row of buttons at the top of the Marketplace pages. Especially on the cart page. If the cart/wishlist aren't located on the same page, it should at least be easy to navigate back and forth between them.

Thanks.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:01 PM

I'd like to see the "move to wishlist" button added back into the cart. It's handy. And it's a bit of a hassle without it.

Thanks.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:09 PM

Thanks everyone. I am taking note of all these suggestions and will be seeing what we can do on them. Stacey

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:18 PM

Thank you Stacey for the welcomed info. :)

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:29 PM

MUCH better functionality with the wishlist, now...thank you Stacey. I agree it would be nice to have the cart back on the same page as the wishlist and be able to move things back-and-forth easily. But this version of the wishlist is really usable, now! I think the big "R" for Renderosity Exclusive just clutters it up a bit, but if having that is the only way to have the "Sale" logo, that's fine since I REALLY like knowing what's on sale on my wishlist. Thanks again...keep up the great work with the improvements!!

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:34 PM

OK how about these for further refinements of the wishlist?: As I requested earlier the return of expiry dates of sales so you don't have to keep clicking each sale item to check it. Also.. How about having it sortable by column... Item Vendor Price Status That would make it even more user friendly.

Life is a beta.

Dizzi ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:39 PM

As you're running Apache, how about using mod rewrite to make all the old store links work?

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 5:08 PM

Amen, Xeno....

jtbethel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 5:21 PM

Looking at the above suggestions. There seems to be one clear solution. GO BACK TO AS IT WAS . Renderosity wasn't broken there, try fixing where it is broken - the artist pages , the Gallery.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:14 PM

jtbethel, I just don't think it's a reasonable expectation that they would go back to how it was. Our best hope is to work with them with our suggestions on how they can modify what they have while they have all the technicians on hand to tweak it. This is the new version of the Bondware software that they will market to other comapnies and they're just not going to abandon it.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:21 PM

Still, they left behind a lot more functionality... why? TO make it look newer? I'd rather have the cart/wishlist on the same page where I can move things back and forth. Having to click on account, then wishlist, then the item, then add it to cart... frankly, that DISCOURAGES buying. Seems somewhat self-defeating for that kind of setup. My wishlist was my way of keeping track of what to buy, and when. Now its so disorganized, that I almost don't want to bother.. which means, if it doesn't go on the wishlist, and I dont have money at the time... it won't get bought, ever. At the very least, lets hope they add a link on the main page for the wishlist, along with the cart. And make the "add to wishlist" link bigger on an item page... I spent forever looking for it. Sure miss the old format... it made a lot more sense than this one.

jtbethel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:29 PM

cliff-dweller, I can't get into YOUR gallery. How does that make YOU feel. New software does not mean less functionallity. No doubt it will get better in time, with our moans. but they should have done their homework and got it right the first time. And please get rid of the BABY, what the hell do they think this site is?

jtbethel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:35 PM

Oh, and has anybody noticed that the BY RANKING is backwards and starts with the lowest ranked sales and the best are on page 300 and something.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:38 PM

jtbethel & UserAlia, I agree 100% with your complaints...I'm NOT defending the new site one bit and have stated my feelings in several threads yesterday & today. As for not being able to reach my gallery...I have started several threads over the past several months about the slowness of the site...it has really made it so I can't even visit my friends' galleries anymore and that has made me very sad & upset. All this coming from someone who very rarely writes in the forums. All I'm suggesting is that even with all the calls to go back to the old version of the store, I can't imagine the PTB's would even entertain that thought for a second. Though I too wish they would!

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:45 PM

file_319575.jpg

I had made this suggestion in an IM to the Admins, but I wanted to attach a picture that shows what I was talking about: "I'm not crazy about the left-hand-side navigation either, but I can live with it. What I CAN'T live with is the fact that the MP font size no longer is affected by my individual browser settings. The text is TOO SMALL to comfortably use now." I'll just add that the navigation bar is too cramped with the small text & the underlines...in fact, I really dislike underlines on hyperlinks (and have set my browser NOT to show them), so I wish you'd get rid of those, too (or make them match the browser settings). Here's a pic with what I'm talking about and I hope these changes can be incorporated, too.

squeeka ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:59 PM

Can someone please fix the links from peoples homepage public wishlists to the martketplace too? I'd like to buy something for a friend and it was much easier to click the link on their homepage and have it go right in my cart as a gift for them. And another thing, can you please put the updated products on their own page? I don't always get emails when things are updated and it's nice to be able to see which has been. I know a few of the products I've bought in the past were updated but they say N/A now in the item list. Just a couple of minor things :)

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:00 PM

Frankly the store is not optimized for screen sizes at all. At 1024 x 768 I still have pages that go off the screen. Tell me was the store designed with anything other than MSIE in mind?

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:08 PM

I'm viewing everything in Firefox and all looks fine from my end. No scrolling or anything.

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:24 PM

I was going through my purchases and everything was either extending off the page or Scrunching the Item name so tight that it leads me to believe that the column for the Item name is not set to a maximum width. It is set to a variable width and causing this issue... I actually have some experience in HMTL.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:30 PM

When I click the link to an on-line store from a user's page, I get a page not found error. On all of those users who have on-line stores here. Anybody else notice this?

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:38 PM

Yeah, Terra. I know a merchant that is none too pleased with some of the "glitches."

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:02 PM

Another complaint: Before you could click on a merchant's name, such as under a product they made, and it would take you to the merchant's page: with links to their store, galleries, wishlist, and a link to message or email them. Now, that link is gone. I want to send a message to a merchant, and now its another hassle to get in touch with the merchant. Why did renderosity have to go and ruin so many good things for the sake of being "new" and "updated" and "modern" of whatever their reasons were... since its obviously FULL of glitches and inconvenience!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:06 PM

UserAlia, Some of the features such as the one you mentioned will not be functional until the entire site is converted. Thanks Stacey

jtbethel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:09 PM

You mean your going to ruin it even more?

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:17 PM

Well... they might, Jtbethel, but who knows? maybe its just so messed up because part of it is missing? I hope they make a LOT of improvements though... I'm wasting so much time clicking through everything.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:18 PM

"Some of the features such as the one you mentioned will not be functional until the entire site is converted." Hi Stacey, getting much sleep? :) I would hope the rest of the site conversion comes far more quickly rather than later. As I mentioned above, when you go to a users page, and if they have an on-line store, if you click the link to their store you get a page not found error. I discovered some really nice Photoshop brushes last night. Thankfully I'd bookmarked the URL to the marketplace where they're located. I'd hate to see this vendor or any other lose out on sales. I know you can select individual vendors in the MarketPlace, but I feel the link is critical on the artists' pages as well as many of these vendors are discovered via their home pages. Just an observation :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:21 PM

jtbethel, We are welcoming suggestions, do you have any helpful ones? The Bondware 3.0 platform will be staying and the Community will be converting over soon as well. So our focus now is on listening to members helpful suggestions to try and make adjustments where we can. We really appreciate all the wonderful suggestions we have received in this thread as well as the other threads. Regards, Stacey Community Manager

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:25 PM

Hi Terra, No, not getting much sleep this week, LOL. I understand what you are saying and I will be forwarding this to the programmers to see what might could be done in the short term until we are completely converted. Thank you again for all the helpful suggestions. Stacey

Emilieu ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:25 PM

I have to say - I don't see any of the vaunted 'improvements'. Why is the website so bulky, ungainy, and non-user-friendly now? I saw news that the market software was changing, but where, oh WHERE did it mention this horrible, hateful, faceflop? It's certainly not a facelift! Distressing, completely distressing...and once I was so proud of Renderosity! Please, for all that's merciful, please try to restore some of it! Keep the so-called 'improvements' to the wishlist, and leave the poor, abused website out of the muck! This is just....well, GHASTLY. Not what one could, by any means, call "improvement"!

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:26 PM

Agreed... I don't know much about what bondware is... or anything about what it is... but is it really impossible to keep the same layout, even if you're using a different platform? Some of the changes- like moving the wishlist completely far away from the cart- are not even clever-they border ridiculous. Why can't you just copy over the same setup and layout?

jtbethel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:33 PM

The setup (apart from the speed) was very good before, very user-friendly, but now there seems to be a lot of missing features and more hassle to get where you want to.accont pages, wishlist, incorrect `by rating', downloading page, seems like changes for the sake of changes.I know that it takes time to get used to something new but this is different. Good things are missing. Lets hope it get corrected soon. I personally would be happy to see the old site as it was (but quicker) if it ain't broke...........

Emilieu ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:33 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:36 PM

They need people who really know the web and understand that customers don't like drastic change like this - having to learn a website all over. It's common sense to want to keep the consumers happy, but they're overlooking that. Unfortunately I really don't have the time - or patience - to learn the new layout. It would have been nice, methinks, if Renderosity could have possibly POLLED the community about certain changes, instead of hitting them in the face with them? Isn't that, after all, part of being a community?

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 20:36

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:53 PM

It might have been up to the vendor (whatever that means). I dont mind the setup, other than the fact that they've also made it a set-back. Getting to things takes at least a few clicks longer... plus the time it takes to find the links... and not easily find-able. Smaller print, half-hidden links, unable to find merchants' pages, etc etc... It seems like this new set up will be hurting everyone- Merchants, vendors, buyers, artists, and all. I dont mind a new setup, but when its this un-usuable... well lets hope promises are actually followed through and that this setup gets fixed and more user friendly.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:20 PM

Folks renderosity IS bondwares coupe de grace :) What innovations they make with the bondware content management system they are going to impliment on Renderosity. And yes the store is an innovation, some may not like it but it is a WIP, I am almost positive that once the whole site is converted over to 3.0 the improvments will be evident.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Emilieu ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:40 PM

When? In 2007? 2008? Before I get fed up with it entire?

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:51 PM

Thanks!! :)

kiwigraphics ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:55 PM

Sorry but I really don't like this new layout... you have to click more times to get to places where less clicks where required before. The old one was much more use friendly. Karen

ariannah ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:35 PM

Stacey, apologies if this has already been requested, but with so many MP topics all over the forums, it's more then a tad nuts trying to keep up. :D

Can the product upload date be put back? I found this very useful as I'd prefer not wasting money on outdated products that may not be up to speed with newer versions of software, ie: Poser 6, etc. This would not only help buyers (a great feature before the change), but should also save R'osity and its merchants a lot of headaches with possible requests for refunds.

~arry

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 12:10 AM

Hi, I can only echo ariannah's comments, the date of posting is very important for my purchases also. Michael

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.