Mon, Oct 21, 6:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Pupil (eye) Question

DuBetzDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 12:20 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

I am trying to replace the normal "black" pupil with a shape. Meaning, I need to go from round to star shaped. Everytime, however, the pupil renders with the shapes color and will not display the shape, it remains round. I've tried making a seperate pupil texture mat and pointing the PZ2 to it but the result(s) are the same. How can I successfully change the shape of the pupil? I appreciate your time. Using Poser 6, Windows PC

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 2:24 AM

I guessed trans map and that was wrong so no idea. Even a spawned pupil prop does the same thing. Something about the way they're mapped perhaps? I think I've seen it done so hopefully someone will wander by with the (probably simple) answer :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

DuBetzDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 3:25 AM

What about "Cat-eyes", how are those done?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 3:25 AM

Try the groupng tool. First delete the polygons for your new shape from the pupil and then add a new group with the deleted polygons. Now you can add a texture to this new material group.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

kirwyn ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 3:30 AM

I think I would morph the pupil very small, if that is possible, and put the star shape texture on the iris.

eirian ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 3:53 AM

Which figure are you using? The Unimesh line has some iris morphs but I don't think there's a star. The "Eyez" (at RuntimeDNA.com) are detailed eye models compatible with most of the popular figures, and they include an iris you can transmap to any shape you like. There were a couple of add-on texture sets that included some really whacky iris transmaps, I know there were several stars included. But that's a pay-for product; if you're looking to do this yourself I think Kirwyn's suggestion is probably the way to go: edit the iris texture you're using.

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 7:35 AM

If your desired pupil shape is larger than the area grouped on the eyeball for the pupil, then there's no way you can get all the material info into that group - it simply ignores the area outside of the circle. So the best bet would be to use the transmap/texture map you've designed on both the iris AND the pupil, allowing for spill from one to the other. I'd also advise using a transmap as well as the texture, and if you really want to get funky, then find a way to colour the inside of the yeball red - to give you that funky retinal look! jonthecelt

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 11:55 PM

I think jonthecelt is right. You could try grouping the iris and pupil together and spawning a "contact lens" smart prop. Hopefully, if you position it just in front of the eye it might work.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.