Sun, Oct 6, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Clothing morph utilities

pzrite ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 10:39 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Greetings from one of the old-timers ;) I've been really out of the Poser Community loop for a long time, just off in my own little world I guess.... but it's nice to see some familiar folks still around. Anyway, on to my newbie type question. I remember seeing several utility programs for transfering morph targets from the host figure (Victoria 3) into clothing. I need help with the "poke-through" problems when posing my figure in various poses AND using various morph targets. I know it was a pretty popular program, and I did do a search through the store, but can't seem to find it. It might even have been a couple of different utility programs. Please help my old forgetful brain remember these things. Thanks, Leee

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 11:51 AM

Well, there's The Tailor, available at DAZ. Wardrobe Wizard, available at PhilC.net, this one will alter clothing to fit various supported figures. Or, Netherworks sells morph kit packages that will transfer the body morphs to the clothing, not too many figures are supported yet.

kalonart.com

ghelmer ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 12:20 PM

I use the Tailor (works great so far!!) and something I've been wondering about is if there a way to inject matposes from character to the clothing item with the newly transfered morphs?? Example: I use Posermatics NGM morphs, I can't use dynamic clothes as they always are too small in the bust area, so I use the tailor to transfer the NGM morphs to the clothes item so Vicky isn't always topless! My problem is with the ngm morphs transfered over I can never get the right combination of them to properly cover V3 up! The ngm set comes with a whole whack of pose injections to attain different looks and I'd imagine that they consist of differnt values of the 5 or so morphs that are in the character (and now the clothes item) but the "inject" pose for the character does not work on the clothes item! Need help... Victoria 3 is getting cold!!! Sorry for hijacking your thread pzrite!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 12:36 PM

pzrite :D Now that's a name I'm glad to see again -- wb! THe tailor is the proggy you're thinking of, hon. It's not bad. Ghelmer, reason that approach ins't easily feasible is that a morph is dependent on the geometry being exactly the same. The tailor and wardrobe wizard essentially rebuild the mesh itself each time, and use a programmatic method of determining the rebuild process so that the mesh fits. Using simply an injection system wouldn't work, however, as the meshes for clothing are not built nor usually ordered in the same exact way as the underlying figure mesh unless the original creator made them. Which isn't to say that something couldn't be made to do exactly that, just that it's not something that could involve using only an injection pose. It's trite, I know, but, really -- using magnets would be your best bet in getting her covered up. They do work on dynamics...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

ghelmer ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 12:46 PM

Bummer! I hate magnets!! I think I'm bi-polar so I can never get them working right!! LOL!! Thanks ynsaen! Gerard p.s. hows everything going Odd-wise!!! Been a while!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 1:06 PM

lol going well -- we've got the "new look" site up and shaking it down this month, with new fun stuff next. And don't hate magnets. Really. It took me four years to figure out how they work, and I kept getting frustrated by them. In contrast, it took me 20 mintues to figure out wave deformers and about 10 to figure out the wind deformer, lol. Now, though, Magnets and I are friends :D I wuvs 'em. It's not their fault they're a pita. They were made that way...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

pzrite ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 1:28 PM

Hey thanks for the replies. The really scary thing is I think I have those programs somewhere on my hard drive! But it's probably been at least two hard drive upgrades ago, I hope they survived the trip! :)

ghelmer ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 1:33 PM

well the reason I hate magnets is cuz whenever ive tried them from scratch it ends up looking very un-natural!! Like specifically for the upper frontal femal assets it looks like two mounds rather than an all the way across sort of thing... does that make sense? I mean there's a division between the breasts, I dont think the chest part is affected properly with the magnets so I can never get it right!! So as my gallery shows Victoria is usually cold and topless!! LOL!!! Any good tuts that you know of that would help poor V3 and me???? G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 12:55 AM

When using magnets on the boobs, use 4 of them 1 for each of the tops, 1 for each of the bottoms. Adjust the sphere zones so they sorta overlap just a little bit and only inthe boob area. Then, select each magnet itself, and go to the properties for it, and add in the Chest area. THat will let you adjust that area witht he magnet as well, and avoid that crinkling you see. IT will also let you get better motion fromt he magnets. If the magnet is too big for you to use easily when it loads, then just select the base (that little bar on the bottom) and scale it down a bit until you can deal witht eh size. Same for the sphere (obviously not the magnet itself).

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 6:33 PM

Ghelmer, get universal magic mags by WTB - they make all that easy!!! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.