Sun, Sep 22, 6:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Does anyone know............

Stacey ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 7:21 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:24 PM

Does anyone know if there is away to unsubdivide a model in the Vertex Modeler. I accidently saved a file that I had subdivided to see how it was coming along. oops there goes a days work if no one can help

litst ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 7:55 PM

I have the same problem with my demon model and now i can not improve it anymore :( So frustrating ! I'll insert a warning in my tutorial cause that sure can be a easy mistake ... litst

twillis ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:38 PM

Yeah, that one is painful. I've gotten into the habit of saving 3 version, like "anubis, anubissub1, anubissub2", and I made a rule for myself that no subdividing until the file is saved under a new name, because I was always saving to the wrong name. Sorry I can't be of better help, Stacey, but maybe your message will prevent someone else from doing the same (you know what they say, if you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning). --Terri

Pinklet ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:56 PM

Decimate is the only command that comes into mind but it's results are less than desirable.

Izuel ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:58 PM

I believe theres an option called "decimate" that removes a percent of vertices wich is kinda like the opossite of sub'd - just set it to 50%. Sorry if im wrong about this, im just too lazy to open up carrara and check ,:-| Izuel

Izuel ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:59 PM

heh 2 secs b4 me pinklet

FATfoe ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 5:50 AM

I can't help you with your current delema but in the future you should use multi-resolution subdivision, it is much more controlable and can be sub-multiplied (unsubdivided) at any time, I discovered it recently, now I can't see why anyone would ever want to use subdivision. FATfoe

cristianr ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 5:41 PM

The only thing about sub-multiplied is that it is unstable, at least in the Mac.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.