Wed, Oct 2, 9:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Cr2 Edit Tutoral

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 6:41 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:37 PM

I've recently acquired Evolution Eve4. I with to redirect my Posette characters to the new object file. However, when I do this, and load the character into Poser, the buttocks and other bits get left off. Is there a tutorial to teach me how to edit in the missing actors into their Cr2 files? I know that I could copy the head morphs with MorphManager, but then I'd have to load both characters into the Poser workplace and then tediously check on colors and textures. I just thought that if I could edit the Cr2 for the missing parts, it'd be easier. I've downloaded Cr2Editor151 from free stuff, but can't quite figure out how it's supposed to work. Any help that you can give me will be appreciated.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 7:20 AM

Rather than try and copy the body parts over you can use CREditor to copy the morphs AND the textures over from Posette in to Eve4. You will find that much easier than trying to copy the extra body parts over from Eve4 into Posette. Reason being that if you did that you'll also need to edit each parent and child actor perfectly to get it to work.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Jules53757 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 7:28 AM

At the top of the CR2 file you will find a line that is directing your character to the obj file. Try to change this line and direct to the new obj file. Copy the line and scroll down, you will find the same line a 2nd time. Replace it with your new line. Should work if the mat information in the obj is the same as in your original obj.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 7:59 AM

Dear Jules53757: Thank you for you kind answer. I've already followed this process to transform my Posette characters into P4WWG characters, mainly because they have identical rigging; and except for the HIP, also the same materias. However, P4WWG has a serious flaw in the juncture between the HIP and THIGH, which is why I want to convert them to Eve 4. However, I do appreciate you're taking the time and effort to help me. Dear Philc: Thank you too, I really like your site and your stuff! Your P3 objects are wonderful in their simplicity. That said, I still wish to know more information. Is this process more through than MoarphManager? Will it also copy the color, highlight, ambience, and reflection values automatically? Or will i still need to adjust all those by hand. Any and all help wil be appreciated.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 8:36 AM

file_321002.jpg

To copy the material settings, expand the figure section (shown highlighted in the left hand pane) by clicking on the [+]. Then you'll see the material list - Posette's are in the right hand pane. You can copy each one separately and paste it over the corresponding one in the figure you're copying to. Although you can copy morphs with CR2 Editor, my advice would be to use Morph Manager if you have an appreciable number to do. CR2 Editor can do them only one at a time, whereas Morph Manager has a faciltiy to 'copy all morphs' for a given body part, which speeds the process up.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:54 AM

Just brain storming... could you use that free MatPose Edit program to import your Posette texture settings, make a pose, and then apply the pose to Eve?

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 10:13 AM

Another question- I can copy my customised head morphs from P4 to Eve, but is there any way (besidces trial and error) to get the chest, abdomen, hip, and thigh configurations to copy onto the new figure? Eve's overall rigging is superior to Posette, and her low res makes her more usefull for me than Vickie sincerelus her basic face is much more perttier- she reminds me of Liv Ulman), but duplicating figures between the various versions isn't easy. Is there a way to make a body pose, so that one figure physically fills the contours of another?

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 6:56 PM · edited Mon, 23 January 2006 at 6:59 PM

IIRC, Nothing will transfer properly besides Head/(possibly Neck)/(possibly Shins)/Feet/Forearms/Hands. The Chest/Collars/Abdomen/Hip/Thighs are completely out, since the number of vertices has changed. You could try approximating the old morphs with magnets, but complex morphs made by moving vertices around in a modelling program will be practically impossible to emulate. Edited to reply to momodot: Yes, since I actually used this technique way back when Eve was new (MAT poses date back to Poser 3).

Message edited on: 01/23/2006 18:59

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.