Thu, Sep 19, 9:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Marketplace Wishlist improvements and more!!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:47 PM

Hi Wonderland, Not sure which banner ad that was but it must have been a problem with that particuliar banner ad as they are working and when clicked on will take you to the product or store as they did before. If you see that one again or remember what product or merchant it was, can you please IM me with that information so I can look into it? Thanks Stac

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:59 PM

Any plans to change the format of these ?

The new ones are kind of information free.
Having the item name in the subject, and a link to the item were useful aspects and it would be good to see them return.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 2:18 PM

Thanks, adding that to my list as well as all the other suggestions/feedback here. We really appreciate it everyone! Watch the front page as we are going to launch an article that will keep you updated on the Marketplace fixes, changes, enhancements, etc. Stac

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 6:11 PM

Karen sent me here.... The old MP format had an option to delete the entire wishlist in one fell swoop. Currently you can only delete one item at a time, which is a PITA! I would like to see the feature of being able to delete multiple items returned. Ideally it would be better if you could put a checkmark next to items you want to delete instead of having to delete the whole thing, but I'll settle for what was... a delete all if I have to choose. Also, I don't like my list sorted by item name. I'd like to be able to sort by "Merchant" as well. This way if I'm going through my wishlist I'm not having to go up and down the list multiple times to see if I have something from their store in my list.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Klutz ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 1:32 AM

Yes as I asked earlier in this thread over a week back: ' OK how about these for further refinements of the wishlist?: As I requested earlier the return of expiry dates of sales so you don't have to keep clicking each sale item to check it. Also.. How about having it sortable by column... Item Vendor Price Status That would make it even more user friendly. ' Also totals at the base of the price column? TIA Klutz

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 9:28 AM

Hi Klutz, These features are being evaluated for inclusion in the new system. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Klutz ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 12:51 PM

OKie Dokie. Thanks, Clint Nice to know someone is paying attention! I do appreciate there are a lot of suggestions being made and considered. Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Ralf61 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 4:25 PM

file_319576.jpg

What happened to the formatting of so many product descriptions? They look soo bad. No one could read this great pile of text. I hope this could be resolved ...

The sample shot i attach is from Hyperreal M3. I checked with IE6, Opera and Firefox - the result is always bad ...

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 4:27 PM ยท edited Fri, 27 January 2006 at 4:28 PM

Currently there is no way to send a message to a merchant unless you go to a whole new part of the site (Messaging) and paste their name in. Can a link to their message/email area be put back in their main store at least?

Message edited on: 01/27/2006 16:28

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 4:30 PM

Hi Acadia, Coming soon. ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 8:18 AM

I would really like to see the little icons in the wishlist be different colours, perhaps red for warehouse items and yellow for those on sale. It would make it much easier to find things quickly for those of us with big wishlists.

Seren ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2006 at 8:30 AM

I know sale items have been discussed somewhere. But I can't find it. Since the date of a sale item disappeared from the actual product page, or even a mention that it is on sale as far as I can see! I can't find anywhere to assess when the sale on an item ends. Perhaps my brain's asleep today but I've gone round and round and can't find a way to get that information. I see an item on my wishlist is on sale then I can't get any further no matter what I do.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 2:12 PM

Nice to see you got product links back into the emails.
Hope the item name will return to the title soon.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 11:44 PM

I am hugely missing not being able to go to a vendor's artist page from their store. That was a feature I used ALL the time.

LilOne ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 6:32 PM

Where did all the search functions go - price and all the other things? :( It is so much dumber now, nearly useless, what little search function is left in the marketplace.

And what has happened with the cart/wishlist page? I want the old style, with the cart, private and public wishlist on the same page, divided. :(

Will these things come back, or at least offered as an option? I find it very awkward and un-userfriendly as it is now.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 5:25 PM

I'm late but I am going to add my vote to improve the "updated" items. It's always been hard to figure out when an item was updated; now I can't even figure out which items have beeen updated since I bought them. Merchants don't always notify us (and sometimes, I admit, I don't have the opportunity in the moment to update when I get an message). It would be nice to know when I purchased the item, and when it was updated, and what items have been updated in some easy to find place. I know that's been covered. I'm just reaffirming the need. Thanks!

electronicpakrat ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 7:25 AM

At present, if I log into the forums first I cannot view my wishlist, cart, etc. Instead of asking me to login again (that would at least have been nice), it just says my wishlist is blank (contains no items) which was quite misleading initially. I know this is likely because the forum side is still not properly sync'd with the marketplace side yet. I've been waiting ~ 2 weeks on bringing this to your attention to see if it was just an oversight. Do you intend to correct this or is this the way it will be? Any ETA ?

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 7:30 AM

You have to login to the MarketPlace server as well. Once logged into the MarketPlace you can seletc My Wishlist from the sidebar to view your wishlist. The community and MarketPlace are running on seperate systems. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

electronicpakrat ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 8:21 AM ยท edited Thu, 23 February 2006 at 8:22 AM

Thank you for your reply.

However, your response seems to echo all of what I had originally stated I already knew. Perhaps you read my message too fast which is easy to do when you have so many to read / respond to.

Anyway, what I was trying to get across was...

When will these separate systems be unified again?

Is that even a goal for this site ?

Message edited on: 02/23/2006 08:22

Seren ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 8:43 AM

Quoting electronicpakrat

At present, if I log into the forums first I cannot view my wishlist, cart, etc. Instead of asking me to login again (that would at least have been nice), it just says my wishlist is blank (contains no items) which was quite misleading initially.<<

Hi
I'm not on Renderosity staff or anything but perhaps a temporary help to you would be to export the 2 Renderosity cookies then you wouldn't need to keep logging in again.

It sounds like you clear your browser cache each day, this means you must log in again.
Once your cache is cleared I'd visit the forums straight away and then the marketplace and login for each once more.
Don't visit any other sites.
When you've done this In IE - File | Import and Export, run the wizard and export cookies.

Just run the same wizard again to import the cookie file next time you want to visit then you won't have to log in again.
This might help anyway.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 8:58 AM

We will be migrating the community over the next several months. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

electronicpakrat ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 9:23 AM

Thanks all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.