Wed, Oct 2, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: White Skin???

r_heist ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 12:13 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 6:40 AM

file_321150.jpg

I have been working on a character with very pale almost white skin. For the life of me I cannot get the skin to look better or believable. I am relatively new to Poser and I'm on the constant learning track. If any good tips for pale skin setting are out there, I would love to hear them.

pigfish9 ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 12:37 PM

Which version of Poser are you using? Diffusion in P6 can add some internal blush to the texture.

r_heist ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:01 PM

I'm using Poser 6. I do have Real Skin Shader and Occlusion Master. They are wonderful products by the way. I really just starting to get a good handle on how exactly they work. Diffusion????

pigfish9 ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:11 PM

Real skin shader's first slide control is for the pinkness. I'm finally back to work and have P6 here but not Real Skin Shader.

r_heist ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:15 PM

I should have know that. I really need to read my tutorials thru more often. Thanks. Any tips on getting pores to show thru better. I know the pic I have up isn't a very good one but any other tips or tricks you have to offer is much appreciated.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:36 PM

Back way back I used to put noise on my textures to give the illusion of blueness under the skin. From time to time I use blue instead of warm color setting with RealSkinShader. Try also maybe making the lips more warmer or putting some little blush on the cheeks to emphasis the translucency. This image looks washed out with too bright light maybe. I use a couple bluish and greenish spot lights not too bright. I don't know if your specular is too high but sometimes you want that so... Darkening and texturing the eye socket below the eye also gives both contrast and the illusion of thinner pigmentation in the skin... these are old painters tricks... contrast contrast contrast. Warm skin against cold hair and cold skin against warm hair, the problem in pigment painting is punching contrast given the limitations of the materials.

r_heist ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:41 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'm more of a Photoshop junkie than anything. I was debating on doing heavy postwork in Photoshop to get some of the results I need. But, that would be a waste of having a program like Poser.

RawArt ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 3:08 PM

Attached Link: Good as Dead

file_321151.jpg

the best way I found to get realistic looking pale skin is to start off with a healthy looking skin texture and then slowly bring down the saturation. If a texture gets too pale, then you will loose all the little details and it will end up looking flat. If you are going for a vampiric quality then the skin add some underlaying veins and use the burn tool to accent certain areas where whatever remaining blood may be still visible (like eyes joints, nails etc.) My ultimate pale vamiric skin is in my "good as dead" texture set (at daz), where my "undead" character has skin so glassy you can also see muscle and other things along with the veins under the skin. but you may not want to go that pale LOL Rawn (RawArt)

r_heist ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 4:05 PM

Thanks for the input Rawnrr. I was hoping to achieve the whole underlying veins peeking thru the skin type thing. But, I just can't get it to look like healthy natural white skin. Like Momodot said above, it does look washed out. Sorta flat and boring with no life. I'm going to try all the tips I've received and hope for the best along with my basic trial and error.

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 4:32 PM

Be careful of your lights too.. I have a texture that is prone to being "washed out" by too intense lighting.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 5:41 PM · edited Tue, 24 January 2006 at 5:42 PM

I know plenty of real people who have "alabaster skin" - very white. Usually with either blue or pink undertones.

Such a complexion can be very difficult to reproduce in a satisfactory, realistic-looking way in Poser. Much like very dark skin is also difficult to get to look right in Poser. The extremes on either end of the spectrum are problematic.

My own solution usually consists of fooling around with the lighting until it looks right. Simple, but it works.

Message edited on: 01/24/2006 17:42

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 5:44 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Maskedit Texture

file_321152.jpg

If you want to spend some money and use someone else's texture the pale texture in this package linked above is phenomenally luscious. The promo doesn't do it justice at all. Just beautiful.

r_heist ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 6:02 PM

I have been searching around the Marketplace for some textures. I do want realistic without it looking too veiny and creepy. Thanx for the input Petunia, XENOPHONZ, and momodot.

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 7:20 PM

I have put these on my wishlist because of the beautiful renders I have seen with both. They are both by A_. http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=40546 or http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=36207

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 9:04 PM

I have also been looking for nice white porcelain textures. Not sickly, goth, vampire, or monster, but natural, preferrably very elegant pale Asian skin. (Asian skin tends to be thicker, so less veins, if any at all.) bB

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 10:24 PM

I always wondered about the old days when they described a woman's skin as milky white. Went to a strip club one night and this dancer had exactly that, milky white skin. It wasn't veiny looking or even pale. It had a glow that was special....its even hard to describe. Perfect , soft, smooth, white

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:24 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=24776

One of my favorite white textures for V3 comes with the CLUB character for V3 by elementbs.

Great character, too.

Uh-oh.....she's "no longer available for purchase". Too bad.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 2:29 AM · edited Wed, 25 January 2006 at 2:31 AM

I use Poser 4, so obviously my meathods are a little more primative than yours; however, I read a tutorial here in poser some time, in which the writer advocated changina the ambience of th eskin tone from shadea of black to shades of 'Russet'. He did this by setting the three primary values to: 10, 100, 10.
He said, that when rendering, this would lend an aura of living, breathing flesh to the shadowing of the skin.
Other aspects of Alabaster skin I would factor in through Highlight and Color.

Message edited on: 01/25/2006 02:31

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 8:58 AM

I tried this ambient trick to fill shadows and give a glow but have not used it lately. I would not mind finding aporceline texture... chiny china white.

r_heist ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 11:34 AM

Exactly milky white and not sickly, goth, or vampiric ,but natural.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 11:41 AM
momodot ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:16 PM

Thank you :)

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 12:41 PM

..in your image, r_heist?

...... Kendra

artnik ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 1:16 PM

bookmark

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 1:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_321153.jpg

Here's my effort to develope a white skinned figure in Poser 4. Figure: Eve 4 Texture: HappyWorld's p4 woman 02.jpg

r_heist ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 3:04 PM

@Kendra: It's sapphire fox hair. I love that hair.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 3:15 PM

Thank you @Kendra. I'm not sure what the hair is called; but if you say it's sapphire fox, then let it be so. I took it off one of the Eve's by Arduino -the one wearing the leather bustier, spike heels, and holding a horse whip in a ratheragressive manner. As I'm not a mosochist, I assgned her hair, bustier, and heels to my prop section, and her to oblivion. I think th ehair suits Eve 4 quite nicely.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 8:53 PM

Thanks, hon. I'll have to look up Sapphire fox hair now. :)

...... Kendra

snakepit ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 8:19 AM

file_321154.jpg

This is what Unimesh Realism kit & Occlusion Master can do for a simple flat colour skin texture. Pretty much the default settings too.

r_heist ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 9:56 PM

@snakepit: Nice. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.