Tue, Oct 22, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: COMING SOON: Revenge IS sweet.....

stahlratte ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 3:45 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:26 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Remember a few years ago when that "V-mesh" suddenly appeared ?
Not enough she immediately grabbed every cloth makers attention, she also started to rummage through Posettes private runtime and "borrowed" her favorite clothes:
Image hosting by Photobucket

But now thanks to Aprilysh and Pitklads mapping skills poor Posette finally can have her SWEET REVENGE:

ValeriP4 is made by combining Vicky2s body and Posettes head. Shes "Old School"mapped like Posette so you can use all your favorite Posette textures:

She will be DOUBLE ENCODED against Posette (P4NudeWoman) and Vicky2, so youll have to own both to use her.

You can use MorphManager to transfer all V2 body morphs as well as all Posette head morphs to her for ultimate variety.
All Vicky2 clothing will fit, of course.

Ill just have to pack her up and find a good home for her, so watch this space. ^-^

Thanks for looking and thanks again to Aprylish and Pitklad for their help.

stahlratte

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 4:09 PM
Forum Moderator

Coooooooool!! Thanks.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

faveral ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 4:35 PM

I like the pictures you made!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 4:41 PM

Woooot! You are all way to cool. Thanks stahlratte, Aprylish, and Pitklad. You make runtimes overflowith with goodness. :)

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 5:09 PM

Very, very cool. Many thanks.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

logansfury ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 5:25 PM

Hey KILLER!!! I have a blast with the PosetteV3 hybrid, I cant wait to get my hands on this one :) Image 3 looks great! What texture and hair is that please? (Its vickibuster tex on posette in pic1 right?)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 5:30 PM

I dunno....if you start conducting genetic experimentation by splicing together dissimilar types of DNA like this.... There's no telling what you'll end up creating.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 5:34 PM

"dissimilar types of DNA" What, so you mean V 1/2 isn't an improved Posette mesh? And V3 isn't a subdivided V1/2 mesh. OMG. The world is gonna end!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 5:58 PM

Wow, that looks fantastic :)

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 6:10 PM

Can't wait!! Thanks :-)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

stahlratte ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 7:19 PM

Many thanks for the kind words.

@logansfury:
The texture used for Posette in the first and Valeri-P4 in the second pic is "AnyWoman" by imago_rabbit over at Renderotica.

The texture used in the third pic is ken1s SHIHO texture here in freestuff.
The hair is Minervas free Reika hair.

stahlratte

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 8:02 PM

Eternal Hobbyist

slinger ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 9:06 PM

Here she is wearing Baron Vlad Harkonnen's "Vampirella" outfit for V2, English Bob's "Flo" hair, and magickalmoon's "Melodie" texture for Posette...all available in freestuff here.
The render is in P6 with one global using AO plus a hemisphere of globals set to an intensity of 7 using the MegaLights python script from http://poserpython.com/ScriptsPage.html.

nea-valeri-p4.jpg

I'm also happy to announce we'll be hosting this wonderful character at PlanIt 3D in the very near future.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 10:10 PM

So excelent! Just terrific :)

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 11:13 PM

stahlratte, I couldn't find the "AnyWoman" texture over at R'otica. I wonder if you have a link to that product ?

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 12:16 AM

I gots the AnyWoman.zip and the SHIHO already, been searching for Minervas free Reika hair. Theres a texture for it here in freestuff, with readme info to a download page for the hair itself that is defunct. Can anyone please check the hair readme for distribution rules or gimmie a good download link? Thanks! Logan

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 12:20 AM · edited Sat, 28 January 2006 at 12:21 AM

Quote - been searching for Minervas free Reika hair

I don't think you'll find it. She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. I saw that style in an image and went on an extensive hunt for it and came up empty. I even tried that internet archive site, LOL If someone has the file and the readme gives permission to redistribute, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the hair :)

Message edited on: 01/28/2006 00:21

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 1:09 AM

I'd love a copy of it, too, if it's redistributable!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 1:22 AM

I found this on the net: "Dress: Reika Dress by Rubio & ISO & minerva" If anyone has contact information to Rubio or ISO, perhaps they would know how to contact Minerva.

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 2:25 AM

Yeah the posette version of the hair was hosted at Rubio's Room which I think is a russian or japanese site. Anyhow the translator seems to indicate its an abandoned site

pitklad ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 4:01 AM

Revenge is Sweet and Low calories!

:^)

pitklad

My FreeStuff

karanta ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 6:20 AM

She looks really nice :) Great work!

My Renderosity Store

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 1:49 PM

I'm afraid the Reika package is NOT redistributable... From the Reika readme: ----------------------------------------------------------- ## Copyright notice ## You must not do commercial use or unapproved redistribution of this data. --- minerva Web site: http://mine.site.ne.jp/dld/ Contact: minerva@ccmg.org ----------------------------------------------------------- But maybe one can get hold of her. The 'dld' in the URL meant "Digital Love Doll". It's still there, but it's empty. The Reika hair is still one of my favorite styles ever - I use it regularly. It was originally posted in Dec 2001. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 1:52 PM

Oops, sorry - I forgot about the original thread - this looks great, stahl. Excellent as always ;O) :] Fish

artnik ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 2:01 PM

bookmark

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 2:12 PM

I think I've written that address in the past and the email was returned to me. I've written again just now.

slinger ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 2:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.planit3d.com

We're extremely pleased to announce that ValeriP4 is now available at PlanIt 3D. You can find the link on our front page, and in the Poser downloads section under "Characters & Creatures"

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 3:31 PM

Great! and Thanks, got her ;-)

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 3:49 PM

Sorry but I'm confused... what's the diference between NeaEna and ValeriP4?

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

stahlratte ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 3:58 PM · edited Sat, 28 January 2006 at 3:59 PM

@ Casette:

ValeriP4 can wear Vicky 2 clothing, while NEAena wears Posette clothing.

ValeriP4 also takes Posette textures, while NEAena takes V2 textures.

But if you are confused yet, wait till the other two Valeris arrive. ;-P

stahlratte

Message edited on: 01/28/2006 15:59

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 4:03 PM

The other two???????????????????????????????

CASETTE
=======

stahlratte ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 4:16 PM

Valeri-V2LO, which is NEAs head on Vicky-2 Reduced Resolutions body. I made her for animators to have an alternative to Vicky 2 Reduced Resolution.

And Valeri-V3, which is NEAs head on Vicky 3s body.
She can wear Vicky 3 clothes, so Ill guess shell be the most popular.
^-^

stahlratte

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 4:17 PM

Maybe someone can link the good P4 textures they know of... ----------------------------------------------------------- There are something like a hundred low resolution textures at a place called Happyland. Losth Stale has utterly amazing textures at a site called Winscape2001 I think it is. The textures are great and have paste-ins for different body hair. Here in Freestuf is Vicky Buster by SnowSultan which is terrific. I had a wonderful 3000x3000 redhead texture on my old dead machine but my back-up is corrupt --I think the burner that my brother installed is what killed my machine :( -- Can anyone think of which texture that might have been? btsculptor has a super sweet freckle faced texture called Shelly which I think is very expensive but it is just so damn cute. JohnOnTheRun was supposed to have had amazing P4 textures before he went MIA. The only one I snagged from him when the site was still up is this very cute blond with a crew cut texture. Happyland has one or two textures with second skin painted on clothes... does any one know of any other painted on P4 clothes? Cofuscious had P3 jeans and T-shirt I think but nothing for P4. stahlratte, it is very cool of you to put this up. Thank you. --------------------------------------------------------- I am still hoping someone can give me a morph to smooth the nostril wings on Posette so they are less defined. Also something to smooth out the rib lines of the chest/abdo of the P4 body. This is off topic but if anyone can hook me up I would appreciate it.

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 4:59 PM

DRAT!!! Every time someone makes a freebie, designates its as "dont redistribute I wanna track its use" then they let thier site with the hit counter die and no one that wants the item can get it, I die a little inside. Free shouldnt hurt this much :(

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 5:01 PM

Ah well got the new char anyhow, Thanks Stahl and slinger!!!

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 5:09 PM

Acacia I wrote this email: rubio@zag.att.ne.jp and it didnt bounce back, but no answer as yet. Anyone here fluent in japanese and english that wants to write rubio in his native language and see if we can get this hair for the folks in this thread that are drooling?

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 5:44 PM

stahlratte, You know I am a fan of V2RR but what do you think of doing V3RR instead of V3 standard for memory reasons? V3RR and M3RR and a woodland scene, some clothes, the wedge and updo hair and the Milenium animals LE were going for $29 at Daz in the Content Starter Set as a regular price. V3RR is a good figure, I don't honestly know why V3 full resolution exists. Its funny, I think Posette and V2 could have been less defined in the body sculpting but then V3 has a gob load of polys that form a mesh so smooth it loocks like a kitchen glove that has been inflated. The V3 form is nice, a bit smooth but nice... I can only imaging the the marketting department was behind the polycount and that legal was behind the INJ/REM system :) But now that I think of it, your full res V3/Posette would be chaeper than the V3RR since DAZ is giving away the V3 base.

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:31 PM

CASETTE
=======

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 9:49 PM

Hey would anyone know where the Translash.jpg required by the Shiho character is found? Got the texture, Poser wouldnt open it, Adobe wouldnt open it cuase it had an invalid .jpeg header, but ACDSee was able to open it, convert it to a good jpg format and its now rendering beautifully cept Valeri has no eyelashes. Stahl whats yer eyebrow and eyelash suggestions for the Shiho tex and your char for best results please?

slinger ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 10:08 PM

SWEET render Casette :) logansfury - There's a texture for posette by sand_tyger at http://posetteforever.com/ that includes a lash transmap, and I'm sure there are probably others there too. Maybe that would work?

logansfury ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2006 at 10:28 PM

file_322193.png

Got the Trans lash.jpg, and tried the Koz Rei Hair (evidently the inspiration for the Reika hair) and its a pretty close look!

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 3:04 AM

Nea's head on Eroko would be sweet. She only has those facemasks which are superb but not very versatile. The texturing might be a bear but she is a nice figure with a very nice...um personality.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 7:13 AM

file_322194.png

She definitely has potential.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 7:19 AM

file_322195.png

I tried a couple of .obj head morphs though and both push her head down to her shoulders. I'm assuming this is because Posette is shorter and the morphs were saved without checking the right export options? How do I fix this? Will they work if I save Posette with them and use MM to transfer them to Val?

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 7:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1145405

Yes, they have potential... really it's incredible the result you can obtain with old and lo-res models but new Poser features... their polys are still fresh... :D

CASETTE
=======

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 7:43 AM

Outstanding Casette--great lighting!

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 8:57 AM

lmckenzie, quick fix I use as I like hybrids, these problems come I think maybe from morphs that were not properly saved and stripped.. 1. Use Ockham's unhidexyz.py to show the translation dials on the head and use those to place the head properly. You will have to readjust for big pose changes. 2. Make a magnet for head and eyes and dial a huge HUGE magnet zone... then translate you magnet and spawn x, y, and z translation morphs that can be used to very finely position the eyes and head. Alo there is the issue of scaling the head... Daz really goes for the pin heads.

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 8:58 AM

BTW stahlratte is always right on top of his scaling issues.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 9:10 AM

Oh bother as Pooh would say. That sounds like work. I Use P4 so no .py but I can probably hack the .cr2 to unhide the dials. I have a set of prop eves for Posette so I can use those and I don't need no stinkin' very fine head adjustments :-) After the great female posedown, well, with Lilin and all those other lovelies waiting, I'm not sure poor Val will get major surgery. her default head may have to do.

stahlratte ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 11:39 AM

Cool pics, lmckenzie. :-)

Will they work if I save Posette with them and use MM to transfer them to Val? <<

Yes.

The "cleanest" solution is to use MorphManager.
Save a Posette that you loaded with all your headmorphs back to your library and then transfer these morphs to Valeri-P4 with MorphManager.
Morphmanager will strip out all y,x and z info so you get the "Pure" morph.

But as momodot said, a magnet would be a pretty easy solution to fix the morph transfer problem, too, as would unhiding the y,x and z channels be.

The only drawback is that youll end up with an additional "correcting" morph or an additional set of dials, whereas by using MorphManager there is nothing to correct in the first place, because there is no "wrong" y,x and z info.

stahlratte

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 6:51 PM

Thanks Stahlratte! Duane Moody has some Posette head morphs and I've collected others as well so that will be cool. Of course with all those and the all the V2 morphs as well, Val may end up as heavy as V3 :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.