Sun, Oct 6, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: pls take a look at this....

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 7:39 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:25 AM

file_324144.jpg

and tell me what you think. the transmapped eyebrows intersect with the face and where they intersect the face is somehow affected by the transmap as well. i tried to fix this but failed. any ideas? Andi

dadt ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 7:50 AM

I always move the transmapped eyebrows back inside the head in Poser so they are not visible and rely on the texture map for the eyebrows.

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 9:20 AM · edited Mon, 06 February 2006 at 9:25 AM

hi dadt!

call it a question of taste.
blond hair and lashes together with dark brows often looks unnatural, and most characters come together with very dark brows.
so the first thing i do with a new character is to take the facemaps and get rid of the eyebrows in p-shop.

A.

Message edited on: 02/06/2006 09:25

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 11:38 AM

move the eyelashes back..d'oh! why didn't I think of that?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 12:22 PM

obviously i didnt really explain what i want...sorry, my mistake. i dont want to get rid of the eyebrows, they are perfect where they are. i want to get rid of those lines where you can see the background.

dadt ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 1:35 PM

Amacord I do the opposite and add blonde eyebrows in Photoshop.

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 4:00 PM

amacord, what is this picture of? A Daz Studio preview or render; a Poser preview or render; a Bryce preview (OpenGL, etc) render; or ...? It is unusual (to me, anyway) to see the background through the eye sockets on a Poser figure - I suspect that whatever is causing that is causing the edge transparency on the brows. If this is a Bryce image, I'd say the export/import of the Poser figure has gone wrong.

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 5:29 PM

file_324145.jpg

hi all! the image in my initial message is a simple bryce render. dont care about the eyes...i deleted everything except SkinHead and Eyebrows to make the lines where these objects intersect more obvious ..... mea culpa! this render is also bryce - premium without the bells, shadows off. here you can see that L and RCornea (also tranparent) do the same thing. so what is wrong with transparencies????? please try it and show me your results... thx Andi

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 5:44 PM

Which figure is this, Andi? Looks a bit like a Neftis character from that snippet.

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 6:15 PM

sorry PJF, i cant tell...it was a freebie at 3DC some years ago and i played with the morphs again and again.

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 6:45 PM

hey PJF, i searched at 3DC as well as here but failed.... at least i found the zip. heres what the readme says: Rose: A mature character for V3 by Jangos carllar@hotmail.com

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 7:08 PM

OK, it's V3, that's what I needed to know. I've just been messing with a figure (Steph2) that I couldn't find a brow transmap for - d'oh! I'll try with V3

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 7:53 PM

file_324146.jpg

Can't repeat the error. This is V3 with DAZ hi-res textures. I didn't alter the base texture so the trans-eyebrows sit over the brows on that, coloured yellow for clarity. The transmap for the brows came with the DAZ hi-res textures. No problems with the eyes either.

V3 exported as OBJ from Poser4; imported into Bryce5 (not DAZ 5.5).

On yours I still suspect some corruption to the model during export-import. It doesn't look like a transmap issue - too even around mesh.

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 8:06 PM

BTW, just to be clear, I did try this with your render settings (premium, no specials, shadows off) and there was no error. Picture looked even more grim so posted a more normal shot. ;-)

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2006 at 8:44 PM · edited Mon, 06 February 2006 at 8:48 PM

ive spent the last 20 minutes staring at your image, scratching my head and having not the faintest idea of what could be wrong.....
anyway, its 0348 hrs here, so have a good night!

Message edited on: 02/06/2006 20:48

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 6:37 PM

file_324147.jpg

I have managed to produce something akin to your problem, but I can't get anything as bad - so have no idea if these comments will be relevant or helpful.

The head on the right was exported from Poser with the "Brows Gone" morph set at 0.010. This meant the meshes for the brows were sunk into the head mesh slightly. When rendered in Bryce with a transmap applied, there is a thin line of see-through surrounding the brow.

The head on the left was exported from Poser with the "Brows Gone" morph set at -0.020. This meant the meshes for the brows were mostly in front of the head mesh. When rendered in Bryce with a transmap applied, there is barely any see-through visible around the brow.

If your problem is related to this, the workaround is to ensure the brow meshes don't intersect with the head mesh. Hopefully this is possible without having the brows appear to be obviously floating in mid air.

amacord ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 7:08 PM · edited Tue, 07 February 2006 at 7:11 PM

wow, hey you really tried it! thats the knights cross for you - or whatever medal you prefer....damnit, i started feeling like a ..... loon!
yes, heres my - now our - problem. ive tested v2 this day - same, same....
i had the hope there might be some smart one-click-way,
something like
Q: why are tranparencies not transparent?
A: did you check "blend transparencies"?
you know what i mean?

thank you very much for your engagement,PJF!

A.

Message edited on: 02/07/2006 19:11

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 7:32 PM

file_324148.jpg

Cool!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.